Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-16-2005, 04:29 PM   #376
GoThiC_GurL

well i was told to stop them because they werent working thats why i dont take them anymore. just so everyone knows.
GoThiC_GurL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:34 AM   #377
OnixxFilth

Question, Neutral- are you a goth? Otherwise, what are you doing here?
Old 11-17-2005, 01:32 PM   #378
Tall One In Black

1) I have a chip on my shoulder the size of a Honda and I'm just itching for someone to knock it off.
2) I am hypersensitive and will insult anyone and everyone to make me feel better about myself.
3) I will contradict everything you say in the most offensive way possible.
4) I like to number my thoughts so that I can keep score on the insults. That way, I'll know for sure that I'm winning.

Uh, what comes after 4?
Old 11-18-2005, 10:06 AM   #379
OnixxFilth

Well, okay, Tall One, but if you didn't want our help, why did you post on here? Most people on this thread are looking for some kind of support/help.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:20 AM   #380
Tall One In Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnixxFilth
Well, okay, Tall One, but if you didn't want our help, why did you post on here? Most people on this thread are looking for some kind of support/help.
I assume you're talking about my post with the numbered statements? I was replying to two posts that have apparently been removed.

Why did I post here? I posted in response to other posts. This thread isn't just for people who are looking for help, it's also for people responding to those looking for help.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:37 AM   #381
OnixxFilth

Huh, well that clears up some confusion. Didn't mean to offend or anything.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:26 PM   #382
Tall One In Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnixxFilth
Huh, well that clears up some confusion. Didn't mean to offend or anything.
It was unfortunate that I didn't quote the original writer to whom I was responding... because now it looks like I'm enumerating my faults. :P

I certainly have faults - more than just four! - but thankfully I'm not the immature brat that list describes.

No offense taken.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:22 PM   #383
Agwani

I don’t know exactly how to express I feel about my body. This rambling is the best I can do:

I am beautiful
I love my body

But my opinion about myself doesn’t mean a damn thing.

Because ultimately, when it comes to the mating game, what I care about is what others think of me.

I am not perfect.

I have an insane over-bite and rather crooked teeth.
I have no ass.
My knees are futt-bugly.
I have loads of stretch marks
My boobs no longer defy gravity.
I always have acne.
I have huge bags under my eyes.

But when I want to, I can walk into a room and act like the hotest piece of ass you’ve ever seen.

And you’ll believe me.

Body image is such a peculiar thing. I can love and hate myself at the same time.

I model. Even was published in a nationally distributed magazine once (that sounds WAY more impressive than it is). I post my photos and folks tell me I’m ‘damn fine’.

But, in those photos, you don’t see my teeth, my knees are bent, my breasts are beautifully supported, and my skin is pale and flawless with layers of make up. The lighting hides my stretch marks and the bags. And when I’m naked, you don’t notice that I have no ass.

Those photos of me are the ‘perfect me’, if there is such a thing. And though I am happy to see that it’s me in that image, I am sad that I’m not that image all the time.
Agwani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 01:11 PM   #384
OnixxFilth

That's why I like those Dove ads that some critics are tearing down just because they show real women with real body shapes. Most photos in mags are airbrushed to perfection. One critic of the ads said something like,"We want to see the beautiful people." I felt like screaming at him,"Your beautiful people don't exist in reality! Their photos are touched up, or they've had plastic surgery- it's all an illusion!"
Old 11-21-2005, 06:46 PM   #385
Agwani

Onixx, people were actually complaining about that?

I thought their campaign was wonderful.

How sad.
Agwani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 06:03 AM   #386
OnixxFilth

Yeah, lots of Hollywood types and critics- media people and such. I know, it IS sad.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:11 AM   #387
OnixxFilth

Damn right they're not!
Old 12-13-2005, 08:13 PM   #388
1TOOMANY

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
HA! I may have to use that size descriptior next time I'm shopping for the sexy clothes!

*Holds stringy garment upto Victoria Secret sales rep*

"You're about the same size, you're fucking hot-ass pussy, aren't you?"

Yo, how did i miss this one!!!!!!!!! T-Stone LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AHAHAHAHAHA
Old 12-14-2005, 03:38 PM   #389
crimsonmoon

i seriously didnt have body issues until year6 which was when all the popular girls started reading these beauty magazines and started calling me fat and thinking paris hilton is beautiful.why do they make these magazines?
crimsonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 05:05 PM   #390
TeapotScar

Those magazines... People want to feel bad about themselves, people want reasons why they haven't found the perfect man, why people aren't drooling all over them, or why the boy in math class circled "No" when they sent them one of those "Do you like me, circle one" notes. The market for people looking to obsess over their body is incredible.

The line between self-improvement and self-hate is sincerely blurred. But thinking about it, the magazines are responding to the market increase, so who is it we have to blame? Ourselves? Each other? It's a tricky subject.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 08:01 AM   #391
Danag

I hate looking at myself in the mirror when I'm naked. My face is fine, but everything else ... well ... Let's just say, I'm really skinny with a huge scar on my stomach. A lot of people say I'm "Hot", "cute", or "handsome". But ... They don't see me with my shirt off. I do.

... I also really hate my laugh. >_>
Danag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 08:08 AM   #392
Danag

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeapotScar
Those magazines... People want to feel bad about themselves, people want reasons why they haven't found the perfect man, why people aren't drooling all over them, or why the boy in math class circled "No" when they sent them one of those "Do you like me, circle one" notes. The market for people looking to obsess over their body is incredible.

The line between self-improvement and self-hate is sincerely blurred. But thinking about it, the magazines are responding to the market increase, so who is it we have to blame? Ourselves? Each other? It's a tricky subject.
I once read an article written by a kid in a newspaper, and he pretty much ranted about how girls act and dress so ... unflattering to try and get guys to like them. He pretty much said, "Really, guys don't care what girls look like. This whole thing about girls and their lack of self esteem, causing them to dress like [whores] is really stupid."
Old 12-15-2005, 10:19 AM   #393
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danag
I hate looking at myself in the mirror when I'm naked. My face is fine, but everything else ... well ... Let's just say, I'm really skinny with a huge scar on my stomach. A lot of people say I'm "Hot", "cute", or "handsome". But ... They don't see me with my shirt off. I do.

... I also really hate my laugh. >_>

I relate man..

I have surgical scars all over my abdomen, and I am about to have some new ones..I friggin hate them and have for years..But I have found that they aren't as repulsive to everyone else as they are to me..

Plus they do fade in color as the years pass.

I am TRYING to see mine as more of a 'Survival Badge' these days than something else ugly and gross about my body..

It is a challenge, but it makes more sense for me to try and view them as something positive.. I can't make them go away.. I won't be able to stop the new ones.. But why make myself feel horrid and disgusting for the rest of my life if I don't have too be that way?

Plus guys have an edge with scars that girls don't as much..

ALOT of women think a scar on a man is SEXZIE!!

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 10:44 AM   #394
Bride_Of_Satan

Location: Blyth, UK - its a weird place but I was born and bred here so I've got to love it.
Angry

I think all people have at least one body issue - whether its how weird their thighs look to how frizzy their hair appears.

I absolutely hate my stomach. I've been doing sit ups for months and stretching for ages to try and flatten it out but its just toned up and still rounded, its not flat like I wanted it to be. So I'm really self-consious when I perform on stage in short tops. I also can't stick my arms. Why are women basically 'blessed' with chicken wings??? I have the muscle in my arms that a man would have but if I don't squeeze them flab hangs from my arms making me feel unattractive and somewhat "Alien-like".

However, I do agree with you on the topic about Botticell's paintings. These are some of which I find inspirational and comforting when you feel down about your own body image.

Anorexia was one thing I went through at the age of 12 and I'll never forget the misery I went through along with it. Eating a bite of my sandwich and sipping water all day. I lost a stone and a half but I hate the way my chest looks because of it. I can gain as much or as little as I want with healthy eating but my ribs still remain sticking out looking skinless and weird.

That is why I avoid looking at myself in the mirror or wearing skinny fit clothes when I feel big. I stick to my hoodies or trench coats and sit until I feel better.
Bride_Of_Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 02:48 PM   #395
Tall One In Black

I have an 8.5" scar on my chest. It's basically like an open-heart surgery scar, but it's horizontal. Not a pretty sight.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:09 PM   #396
Danag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
I relate man..

I have surgical scars all over my abdomen, and I am about to have some new ones..I friggin hate them and have for years..But I have found that they aren't as repulsive to everyone else as they are to me..

Plus they do fade in color as the years pass.

I am TRYING to see mine as more of a 'Survival Badge' these days than something else ugly and gross about my body..

It is a challenge, but it makes more sense for me to try and view them as something positive.. I can't make them go away.. I won't be able to stop the new ones.. But why make myself feel horrid and disgusting for the rest of my life if I don't have too be that way?

Plus guys have an edge with scars that girls don't as much..

ALOT of women think a scar on a man is SEXZIE!!

It can be a challenge, yes. When I would sleep with my ex (Just sleep. No sex), we would go in the nude, and the first couple times I was a little shy about it because of my scar. But other than that, I don't think about it on a regular basis.

I guess it really comes down to this: If your beloved truly loves you, he/she will accept you and your body no matter what. And that's all that really should matter.

Aw, hehe. Why is it that girls find scars attractive?
Old 12-15-2005, 07:08 PM   #397
edible_eye

one of the greatest nights of sex i spent was a drunken night-long foray into all types of decadent and depraved sex acts with a girl i'd befriended in college. she was shy, despite the alcohol, when i went to remove her shirt and finally told me that she had a scar across her belly. i didn't care - what guy really would - and sure enough, after peeling the tank top from her torso, she sat before me with a foot-long scar which created an indent. she tried to cover up and i spent many minutes kissing her hands while she covered it, slowly but surely peeling them away so i could lavish lust and love upon the remnants of her incision. eventually, she warmed - i continually told her how sexy she was, how sexy her scar was how fuckin' hot her skin was and how badly i wanted to fuck her. i believe i kissed and caressed that particular perceived fault of hers for close to twenty minutes and she was moaning and pulling my face into her belly by the time my mouth and tongue began their downward path.

and through the night, i remembered to return to her point of insecurity intermittently to kiss and lick her, all the while telling her just how fuckin' amazing she was.

she came more times than she could count - and yes, i'm patting myself on the fuckin' back.

whether or not i had anything to do with it, she was wearing belly shirts by the end of the second year. we fell out of touch after our class ended but if we passed each other while walking, we always had a smile and a wave.

- sigh -

- memories -
Old 12-15-2005, 07:14 PM   #398
rockandrose

E_E, that was a hot and drool-worthy post!

Can you get any hotter? Seriously, stop it!
Old 12-15-2005, 10:38 PM   #399
edible_eye

ah, the dream...

two, lusciously delicious women...

life is good.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:17 AM   #400
syn

I hate my tits, and my ass, and hmm, could go on for a while here. Can I have a new me? Please?
syn is offline   Reply With Quote