Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:28 AM   #251
MitsyMayhem

XD You can look like Boba.
You just have to earn the gear.

It does. I don't know which one I liked better though.
The first or the second.
Character wise, I really liked Atton better than the troubled Carth.
MitsyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:30 AM   #252
$haDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday Friday Addams
There making a Kotor MMorpg. Thats knights of the old republic if you didn't know. I love star wars. I want to play SWG but im afraid because I heard bad things.. I want to be a Imperial or bounty hunter...can you be a sith?

BY THE HEEL OF GOD..!!!!

If u decide to join .. count me in!!

I would have been crying,screaming and rolling in front of the game store if I don't have enough money to effort it

Anyway,This thread was thw WoW mmorpg thread,wasn't it ?

haha

seriously
Old 08-14-2008, 12:31 AM   #253
Wednesday Friday Addams

I hated the 2nd ones ending but overall it was better.
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:36 AM   #254
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
I hated the 2nd ones ending but overall it was better.

Don't want to spoil the ending for anyone else, but I know what you mean. I was like "It's over?"

I was saving my money for Guitar Hero 4, but I can spare some dollars XD

I'm such a game nerd (and proud). You have no idea XD

And Shade, if I join, I'll let you know and I'm sure Wednesday will too.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:40 AM   #255
Wednesday Friday Addams

I liked the sith girl. I was hoping there would be more on her.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:46 AM   #256
MitsyMayhem

You mean, the blind one?
I did too. I didn't really get my character too involved with her though.
Like, I was so into it like "What's next!" and all crazy excited, so I rushed it a bit. I might go back and play, on the weekend, if I can find some time.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:49 AM   #257
Wednesday Friday Addams

Yeah I spent all my effort talking and agreeing to her and doing dark side actions only to have it end. I wanted to rule the galaxy!! Or at least have that ship that looked like a star destroyer.
So is there any way to play as a imperial in SWG? what can I be in the imperial side and what can I drive?
Old 08-14-2008, 01:01 AM   #258
MitsyMayhem

LOL! You seem to like driving.
You can. On Tatooine, there should be an imperial man. Once you speak to him, he'll give you the option of signing up.
You start out as private and your rank moves up the more imperial missons you do.
Though honestly, I don't know everything you can drive. From speed bikes to large ships. There's so much technology.
However, if driving is your thing, try being a Pilot and become an imperial pilot. I'm sure you get lots of neat stuff, as all professions do. Like we entertainers get instruments and outfits and makeup kits. Then there's rewards for whatever faction you're on.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:24 AM   #259
$haDe

Haha I am unable to interrupted girl's chat here...

So i'll enjoy watching then
Old 08-14-2008, 02:38 AM   #260
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
There making a Kotor MMorpg. Thats knights of the old republic if you didn't know. I love star wars. I want to play SWG but im afraid because I heard bad things.. I want to be a Imperial or bounty hunter...can you be a sith?
I'm afraid they have made no official reports as to details of the mmorpg, lets just hope they don't screw up another mmorpg like they did with SWG. SWG used to be a great mmorpg until they made an extremely stupid mistake.

On November 1st or 13th (someone screwed up on wikipedia) 2005 they released the expansion pack, trials of Obi Wan which added new features and locations with accompanying quests. A few days later they released the NGE(new game enhancements) which effectively cut around 80 percent of the professions, effectively killing the depth of the game. Hundreds of thousands of players complained about this due to the fact that if they had known about the NGE they would of never bought trials of Obi Wan. Sony(the company that ran SWG) offered all customers a refund.

Due to the NGE SWG is suspected to have lost hundreds of thousands of subscribers, though this is unconfirmed by sony who refused to release statistics. One confirmed statistic we have is on a friday night early in 2006 there were less than 11000 players online, also ever since that move there hasn't been a single expansion pack release which reflects the extremely low demand. The NGE can easily be considered the worst move in the history of mmorpgs. My advice; STAY AWAY FROM SWG.

Here are a few speculative answers based on my knowledge of the star wars timeline for your questions on the possible KOTOR mmorpg.

No you cannot be an imperial they won't exist for another thousand years/
Bounty hunter is a possibility as they did exist.
Sith is a possibility as they did exist and this is Kotor we are talking about.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:48 AM   #261
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsyMayhem
Knights of the Old Republic?
Seriously...
Why didn't I hear of this good news? XD
I'm excited, you have to tell me everything you know.

And I'm not sure about the Sith.
You can be an imperial though and your rank can rise within it.
If you're on duty, beware. You're most likely surrounded by Non player Republic supporters. Being imperial is generally suicide.
You're confusing KOTOR and SWG, the KOTOR mmorpg is going to be completely separate, they're not going to do anymore work on SWG, SWG has ceased to be, it is an ex-mmorpg(monty python spoof). I will repeat no it is impossible to be an imperial in a KOTOR mmorpg as they will not exist for another thousand years.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 08-14-2008, 02:58 AM   #262
Wednesday Friday Addams

ret we were talking about SWG and Kotor at the same time. I know the star wars time line to know the imperium wasn't around. Although it would be cool to play in the old sith order.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:10 AM   #263
Saya

Man, everyone tells me how awesome Kotor is, though I've never played....maybe when I've catched up with the million single player games I have but neglected due to mmorpgs I'll check it out ^_^
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:45 AM   #264
Renatus

Quote:
ret we were talking about SWG and Kotor at the same time. I know the star wars time line to know the imperium wasn't around. Although it would be cool to play in the old sith order.
Well that's does me no good especialy since I am dead tired. I'll leave you two to your conversation then, I'm off to get some sleep.

Old 09-02-2008, 04:18 PM   #265
Valravn

well i personally got 2 lvl 70s but i found myself really addicted to this game and i definetly destroied my social life for it. Mistake that i'm definetly not going to make again. The point is that in this game raiding is one of the main points and raiding require at least 4-5h for 5-6 days at week plus the grinding money. though Blizzard tells you to take this game in moderation i hardly believe is possible.
My fiance plays this game as well though now that i'm not playing it anymore i kick his but for spend more time with me ^^
Valravn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:31 PM   #266
Wednesday Friday Addams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valravn
well i personally got 2 lvl 70s but i found myself really addicted to this game and i definetly destroied my social life for it. Mistake that i'm definetly not going to make again. The point is that in this game raiding is one of the main points and raiding require at least 4-5h for 5-6 days at week plus the grinding money. though Blizzard tells you to take this game in moderation i hardly believe is possible.
My fiance plays this game as well though now that i'm not playing it anymore i kick his but for spend more time with me ^^
WOTLK is calling
Old 09-02-2008, 04:42 PM   #267
Valravn

yes i know :< i might lvl my chars to lvl 80 and play a bit with the hair cut thingy :P but honestly 25 man raids require way too much time.
I think Blizzard should work more on the end game boss. Some stuff like final fantasy where you have really cool videos and understand lot of stuff and such.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:46 PM   #268
Wednesday Friday Addams

They are putting the option of 10 man raids.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #269
Valravn

oh yeah! i think that is really nice for small guilds or guilds that want a smaller community
Old 09-02-2008, 04:50 PM   #270
Wednesday Friday Addams

whats your Characters race faction and class?
Old 09-02-2008, 04:54 PM   #271
Valravn

i got a draenei shadow priest on quel'thalas
and and elemental shaman draenei on the same server.
I was ele shaman first but well is a really boring class where you simply spam 3 bottons and got nothing special to do, at least shadow priest is a bit more exciting...instead of 3 i got 6-7 bottons to spam! xD
Old 09-02-2008, 04:57 PM   #272
Wednesday Friday Addams

I have a Tauren prot warrior a demonology Human Warlock and a Tauren resto Druid.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:59 PM   #273
Valravn

ah! i really would like to roll a druid though i cant leave without shadow form anymore xD i really would like to roll undead shadow priest <3
Old 09-02-2008, 05:21 PM   #274
Cen0bite

Most of my toons are low lvl. lvl 25 blood elf pally on Muradin (speccing in ret) and a 14 lvl blood elf mage on Senitels (speccing in arcane with a bit of frost..though, i'm not sure. I might change the frost to fire)

Pinhead: What you think of as pain is a shadow. Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I... Am... Pain
-Hellraiser:Bloodline
Cen0bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:37 PM   #275
Valravn

kewl i have a lvl 17 mage blood elf but for some reason i don't find mage really my class :<