Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #126
DepthsofSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post
It's ok, you sit behind a desk and make what, 5 or 6 figures, all the while hoping to impress me with your security clearance? Given the people I know, I could make 6 figures pretty easily too, especially with the new supply of opium your pals opened up in the middle east... Props on that by the way, I only ruined my life with it, but hey, since we're talking about personal experience, do you know how much easier it became to find great heroin after the invasion of Afghanistan?
In all seriousness, that is a complicated issue and I really don't have the authority to speak at large about it.

I do understand, however, that it is a concern and yes the removal of the Taliban has allowed for a steady increase in the growth of poppies and the related drug production. I also understand there is action being taken to reduce the growers in the region, but that is having to be balanced with the fact that this is the only livelihood for many of the people in that region and targeting them threatens our mission of building an alliance with the people there. Like I said, it's complicated.

I would also like to note, that if we only ended the 'War on Drugs' we would be much better off as addicts would be more free to seek help they desired without the danger of prosecution, but that is another matter entirely.

I wasn't trying to impress you, I was showing you that your generalization that home schooled students would become of nothing was false by using myself as an example.

Goffs think you have to rip off the wings of a butterfly to show your love.

Goths know that love has already broken the wings of a butterfly on a wheel.
DepthsofSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #127
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepthsofSpace View Post
I would also like to note, that if we only ended the 'War on Drugs' we would be much better off as addicts would be more free to seek help they desired without the danger of prosecution, but that is another matter entirely.
Wow, the last thing I expected out of you was something we could agree on...

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:26 PM   #128
Pineapple_Juice

Damn I really wish I could eat some Chicken in a Biscuit crackers.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #129
DepthsofSpace

POS, you'll find I'm not that easy to classify into any stereotype.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:49 PM   #130
carakitty

Quote:
I am a twenty-two year old intelligence analyst with the Department of the Navy, who is about to start a Masters degree program this next year. Currently, I am moving myself to Nevada from Virginia Beach (where I lived most of this year).
Thank you for your service! My DH is an ADAF 1N4. If you ever find yourself stuck in Denver, hit us up *grin*
carakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #131
Krick Wurkheiser

POS, since you are unable to use logic and/or understand basic concepts, I'm going to reach you the only way you understand: Fuck off and stop being stupid.

Btw, I agree about the War on Drugs thing DoS.
Krick Wurkheiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:51 AM   #132
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by carakitty View Post
Thank you for your service! My DH is an ADAF 1N4. If you ever find yourself stuck in Denver, hit us up *grin*
Beware though-she lives by the creepy haunted airport!
Old 11-04-2009, 02:02 AM   #133
Still Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
How is anything that I said defective Jack? And please give me your opinions, not just some rude remark that you think seems cool, but is indeed moronic.
Oh for fucks sake, I can't believe you're actually asking that...
Your complete racist absurdity, let alone the fact that you try an argue on political views in the politics board, yet you're found lacking every time.
Not only that, but I really quite hate you...
Old 11-04-2009, 04:29 AM   #134
DepthsofSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by carakitty View Post
Really? Very nice. That's the AF equivalent of a Navy CTR, right? I have a friend down at the Academy in Colorado Springs, CO as well.

I'll be swinging through Denver this next week, but hopefully I won't get stuck. Wouldn't mind meeting people though.

And a creepy, haunted airport would be sweet. ^.^

Old 11-04-2009, 05:45 AM   #135
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krick Wurkheiser View Post
POS, since you are unable to use logic and/or understand basic concepts, I'm going to reach you the only way you understand: Fuck off and stop being stupid.
Yea, I disagree with you. I must be stupid. Good logic there asswipe.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
Old 11-04-2009, 06:42 AM   #136
DepthsofSpace

Consult the following please. And offer direct rebuttals, with evidence and similar peer reviewed works only, POS.

Paper I

Paper II

Paper III

Paper IV

Paper V

A quick browse of scholarly works by myself reveled no home school condemning papers, either in educational or social development, despite that seeming to be the common consensus. A lack of scholarly works on the matter, seems to indicate that the commonly held belief that home school students are less prepared to integrate into the real world is a myth, held without evidential backing.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:01 AM   #137
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
Oh for fucks sake, I can't believe you're actually asking that...
Your complete racist absurdity, let alone the fact that you try an argue on political views in the politics board, yet you're found lacking every time.
Not only that, but I really quite hate you...

For one thing, what is there not to believe?

For another thing, you are "assuming" that I am racist. This has nothing to do with my beliefs on homeschooling nor politics...therefore your remark makes no sense.

And last but not least, I know that you hate me. Do you think that I care? I've never met you in my life, nor would I want to...and again I must say, that you hating me has nothing to do with the subject at hand. So go post on another forum.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:06 AM   #138
Fyrliin

Quote:
I was home schooled my whole life. At the time I had many, many moments where I absolutely hated it. All my friends went to at least private school and seemed to have much more exciting lives, as I was a boring recluse who did nothing but read and write all the time. But now that I look back on it I'm SO GLAD that I didn't have so many distractions...I was able to focus on everything 100%. It also helped a lot when I started taking duel credit classes in college when I was 17...which is probably something you might want to look into. If you're 16 or older, and are a home schooled high schooler, then you might be eligible to get college credits, that also count as high school credits at a community college. You are only allowed to take two classes per semester but it gives you the opportunity to get, your general required classes out of the way so that once you graduate high school, you have already completed English 1306, History 1 and 2 etc etc... It will also give you the opportunity to socialize with more mature people. (just don't get romantically involved with anyone that's too much older than you)
I am 17, and Graduating soon...And I am looking forward to Opening up a coffee shop, and hopefully full filling my dream of being a Gothic Model...But It is nice for the fact you do learn and remember more stuff, then in public school....
Fyrliin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:09 AM   #139
vindicatedxjin

Well hopefully this is a good opportunity to spend more time focusing on those dreams. Since you're 17 you should be eligible for taking those college courses, and usually it's free but you have to contact the duel credit office. (what state are you from? ) Since you want to start a coffee business you can easily take an accounting and business beginner class...it would help you out tons. I took music business when I was 17...I'm not planning on becoming a dj or anything but it enlightened me alot with understanding laws and helping out with my friends band. Regardless good luck ^_^!!!

Bring Kontan Back
Old 11-04-2009, 11:22 AM   #140
Krick Wurkheiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post
Yea, I disagree with you. I must be stupid. Good logic there asswipe.
LOL you really are priceless. You should go into stand-up or something.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:20 PM   #141
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrliin View Post
But It is nice for the fact you do learn and remember more stuff, then in public school....
See I don't mind when people say that they feel that homeschooling was the right choice for them but I do mind when people categorically denounce public schools as being worse and say that it is a "fact". It simply isn't the case. Some public schools are worse, this is true, but some public schools are better, the knowledge base of the teachers as well as the resources of the administration are just too great for a parent to match. Just because you didn't have the opportunity to go to these schools doesn't mean that they aren't out there.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:42 PM   #142
Krick Wurkheiser

I actually go to one of these schools now - definitely, it has unmatchable resources including a seven-story state-of-the-art building equipped with all manner of studios theatres laboratories and so forth... I learned much more at home but I do not think this is necessarily a fault on the part of the school, it's just not suited at all to my personality.

Last edited by Krick Wurkheiser; 11-04-2009 at 01:42 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-04-2009, 02:12 PM   #143
Solumina

You were also younger when you were at home and we all learn more when we are younger, but that is beside the point. It seems that you are misunderstanding my post a bit and admittedly that may be my own fault. I did not mean to imply that those schools are good schools because of their resources, any public school will have more resources than the average family and any public school with have a wider available knowledge base among its faculty than is reasonably plausible for two parents, the great schools will also have the ability for the student to be individually nurtured and the ability to conform to a students learning type (instead of forcing the student to conform to the school's teaching style) that makes homeschooling such a good option for many people.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:34 PM   #144
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Consult the following please. And offer direct rebuttals, with evidence and similar peer reviewed works only, POS.

Paper I

Paper II

Paper III

Paper IV

Paper V

A quick browse of scholarly works by myself reveled no home school condemning papers, either in educational or social development, despite that seeming to be the common consensus. A lack of scholarly works on the matter, seems to indicate that the commonly held belief that home school students are less prepared to integrate into the real world is a myth, held without evidential backing.
Yea, it works educationally if whoever's homeschooling you is qualified. I mean, my parents are both teachers, I could have been home schooled pretty successfully. The trouble comes in when kids are purposely home schooled because of some beef with society. Take my uncle, who's a Mormon, and home schools because he thinks public schools will turn his kids into devil worshiping homosexual drug addicts. Add to that the fact that he and his wife have absolutely no qualifications to be in any sort of education, and it turns into a total clusterfuck.

I'll find papers when I have time, honestly, now that I see you're not some whack job, I can actually have a reasonable debate with you here. Gimme a couple hours though.

-Mr. Filth
Old 11-04-2009, 07:53 PM   #145
CIRQUEFREAK91

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-nihilist View Post
No, you're all alone in this world. An outcast, an undesirable... one who is forever ostracized from society.
lol. . . . . . . .
CIRQUEFREAK91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:11 PM   #146
carakitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
Beware though-she lives by the creepy haunted airport!
BAH. After someone's been in the Service a silly little airport shouldn't be frightening *wink*

I was there last week to try meeting up with my friend who had a lay over and I was flipping out because I thought that they took down the Blue Bronco. I smiled and sighed with joy when it reared up to greet me. Should I go in for another psychiatric evaluation?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:16 PM   #147
vindicatedxjin

^_^ I think you should......I just googled those murals, and boy are they freaky!

Bring Kontan Back
Old 11-04-2009, 08:19 PM   #148
carakitty

Quote:
Really? Very nice. That's the AF equivalent of a Navy CTR, right? I have a friend down at the Academy in Colorado Springs, CO as well.

I'll be swinging through Denver this next week, but hopefully I won't get stuck. Wouldn't mind meeting people though.

And a creepy, haunted airport would be sweet. ^.^
I have no idea what a CTR is (at least I don't think I do). I have lots of friends who are Navy wives so I can ask them =D

If you (or anyone else) would like to chat on IM, my most reliable one is AIM and my screen name is caramews.

DIA I don't hhink is haunted per say just the festering grounds for Masonic- Governmental Conspiracies. Go have a heyday on Google with it some time =)

Safe travels!
Old 11-04-2009, 08:23 PM   #149
carakitty

Quote:
^_^ I think you should......I just googled those murals, and boy are they freaky!
But the horsey isn't that freaky. If you know he's out there and if it's day time when you first see him. I like the horsey. I think I'll name him Belshazzar.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #150
vindicatedxjin

...Hmm how 'bout Louie?

Bring Kontan Back