Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-09-2023, 05:56 PM   #1
SyntheticGeneration

HI! Hoping to make some friends here eventually <3

Greetings, weirdos! The human suit I wear is called Donny, nice to meet all of you. I've been looking for a virtual home for a long time. I longed for the Vampire Freaks era, thus I am no longer a teenager and that no longer exists.

I'd like to be involved in a community of people like you, get to know you, and try to get over my social anxiety that transcends the physical and somehow bleeds into technological interfaces. I miss it, quite honestly. Let's just go with the Q&A from the pinned post, yes? Seems simpler. : )

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
Consume copious amounts of horror games, audio, books, film. I fall asleep to spooky stories every night and I particularly enjoy the terrorific sleep paralysis scenarios that I often find myself in because of it. In order to live in a human storage unit and to buy more black things, I work a very dull and unfulfilling job that is largely unimportant. I also enjoy night walks and mountain biking!

2. Where are you from?
The glorious Midwest, where our collective souls wither as the corn inevitably does each season.

3. Who is your favorite author?
Lovecraft. Followed by Asimov and R.A. Salvatore (nerd!).

4. What are your favorite films?
John Carpenter's The Thing. Eraserhead. Donnie Darko. Interview with A Vampire. I must add X-Files and Star Trek, despite not being films!

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Tearing the Veil from Grace by Cradle of Filth. Luckily, neither I or my partner want to get married.

6. At your funeral?
Tip Toe through the Tulips on loop until everyone goes mad.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
I want to be abducted by members of an extremely ambivalent alien society, who care not how we feel and cannot experience empathy or compassion. Do whatever they want to my form, then drop me off in the middle of the woods somewhere remote, where I will wander around in a delusional and panicked state until I succumb to the elements.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Ideally, polished obsidian, shaped like a cartoonishly casket shaped casket.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

Plain black pants paired with a fishnet shirt with my I Want to Believe shirt over the top that no longer has sleeves or a bottom hem. Poofy, long unkempt hair with nothing but smeared red eye shadow. Cozy.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
The feeling of days lasting forever and not being a slave to the machine.

11. What's your favorite band?
Just one? No. Cradle of Filth, The Birthday Massacre, Tropical Fuck Storm.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

Two years of community college for IT. Failed my last round of finals because my father died and I was being very goth, so I didn't even go. So no degree. Good thing, I would have hated help desk.

13. Why did you join?
Trying to find a community. I used to be super social, but I've been a recluse for years now. IRL and online. I want to try to work on that, I miss the feeling of belonging.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
A somewhat confused male.
SyntheticGeneration is offline   Reply With Quote