Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:05 PM   #1
MaggotQueen

Location: A medieval monarch's cadaver underneath your bed amongst the oh so poetic-tongued dust bunnies
Hello my fellow asylum inmates. : )

I'm fairly new here to Gothic.net and I say, I'm impressed so far.
I'm interested in meeting new friends. It seems small towns in the countryside of North Carolina don't accept strange people like me. It's sad, not that I care for acceptance here, but it would be helpful to have some people to talk to and understand things--some people like me. I don't join a lot of forums online but there's something about this one that captured my attention.

As you can see, I can go on and on about the stupidest things.

Well for starters, my name is Danica.
I'm about to turn 15. Yes, I know I'm very young compared to most of you but once you get to know me, you'll find it hard to believe.
I'm a rising highschool Junior. The word "highschool" makes me shiver because it puts a typical image in my head. I dislike typicalities.
I've been through what many children my age shouldn't have to go through in life.
I've been homeschooled for three of the most important years of my life. In those years, I lost my social life and my sanity. I got seriously demented. My parents were to ignorant to pay much attention and get me help. So instead, they locked me up in a little apartment where I was told that nothing outside was important--life was all about schoolwork and whether or not I could graduate. Home itself is like hell on Earth sometimes. I want to escape.
My favorite musician is Emilie Autumn because we have a lot in common (history-wise and all).
My favorite drink is Soymilk.
I have had over 80 pets in my life time.
I'm not afraid of spiders whatsoever.
I'm not Asian.

Feel free to ask me anymore questions. I'm extremely open and strangers don't creep me out. Be aware though, that if I do take special interest in you, I tend to get stalkerish.
MaggotQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
ape descendant

Oh my. My parents got weird with me when Iwas about your age... they wouldn't happen to be overy religious.. would they? Mine were.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:24 PM   #3
M.Valdemar

Welcome, grasshopper.

Watch out for those friggin spiders though.

All spiders bite.
M.Valdemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:22 PM   #4
Angelic Dissonance

Nice to meet you. I feel very sorry for you--I know all too well the price of being sheltered. There's a lot of understanding people here, and you seem sweet. As long as you hold some semblence of sanity, that crumbling feeling in your mind can be reversed! Just keep hangin' on, and welcome to Gnet.
Angelic Dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:27 AM   #5
Jer66ome

Nice to meet you
Jer66ome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:26 AM   #6
MaggotQueen

Location: A medieval monarch's cadaver underneath your bed amongst the oh so poetic-tongued dust bunnies
Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Oh my. My parents got weird with me when Iwas about your age... they wouldn't happen to be overy religious.. would they? Mine were.
My parents are extremely religious. I don't mind it most times but they can get very ridiculous over the smallest things. Sometimes, I think they make up their own rules and claim it to be part of the religion just because they didn't want me turning away from their image of a perfect doll of a daughter.

Load of bull.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:39 AM   #7
ape descendant

Totally, just hang in there! You'll be an adult before you know it. When that happened to me, I hardly knew what to do with myself.

Being sheltered and limited makes the transition really hard. Make sure that you educate yourself as much as you can. A bit of book learning can help to offset the effects of the niavety that such an upbringing can cause.

The situation that you're in can be very difficult, but comming out of it mostly unscathed would be an awesome testament to your willpower and resiliant personality.

Be Kind
Old 06-16-2010, 07:41 PM   #8
Az'Shara

Well said, Ape. Welcome to Gnet, by the way. You're going to do just fine here. We're all weirdos in our own little way. Ape is a genius, Pixie is amazing, Ben is pretty cool. Breathless is funny. And I'm... well... lets just say I'm special in my own little way.

Just hang in there, alright? Life's hard when your parents don't have to common sense to let you learn how life is, but it's survivable. Keep a posative outlook on situations, smile and start mentally listening to Emilie whenever your parents mention religion, and speak openly and freely here. We'll be your connection to the outside world, and you'll pull through.

Live long, live well.
-Az'Shara
Az'Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:56 PM   #9
x-pixie

Lets hope you turn out to be better than you first portray, though it would be interesting to watch the troll crawl out of you. *insert evil Dr. Horrible laugh*
x-pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:57 PM   #10
Az'Shara

Like, physically crawl out of her? I don't know whether that'd be disgusting or weirdly fascinating... Oh well. Guess we'll wait and see, neh?
Az'Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:47 AM   #11
Ben Lahnger

Interesting introduction. Can't say I'm a fan of the soy milk.

I'm not afraid of spiders either. Unless they're big ... or hairy ... or poisonous ... or ... look like an unfamiliar breed and are too close. *sigh* Yeah.

Welcome to this place. I look forward to your contributions.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:13 AM   #12
badsykes

Hello MG.The intersting thing is that , because, your isolation your body is impressed by other universes and not the typical ones.This makes you a perfect strike against normals.They don't even think about how you are.You have other values and you can live in yourself and don't care too much.A little revenge here and there will make a little more "optimistic".This society don't deserve kids.Make them regret that they make kids for the sake of doing them and nothing more...
Like Sentenced said.... "Rise from the ashes from this ruins of mine" .. Can't wait to meet ... in afterlife..
badsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:27 AM   #13
JCC

Soy milk is terrible, try rice milk instead.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:30 AM   #14
Dama de los Cuervos

Rice milk is pretty good. If you don't mind a little nutty flavour, almond milk is rather tasty, too.
Dama de los Cuervos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:33 PM   #15
MaggotQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
Hello MG.The intersting thing is that , because, your isolation your body is impressed by other universes and not the typical ones.This makes you a perfect strike against normals.They don't even think about how you are.You have other values and you can live in yourself and don't care too much.A little revenge here and there will make a little more "optimistic".This society don't deserve kids.Make them regret that they make kids for the sake of doing them and nothing more...
Like Sentenced said.... "Rise from the ashes from this ruins of mine" .. Can't wait to meet ... in afterlife..
You're practically psychic, man. I'll definitely look forward to meeting you in the afterlife as well.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:53 PM   #16
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggotQueen View Post
I dislike typicalities.
What? (seriously... what?!)
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:22 AM   #17
Lady Sorrow

asylum? so i assume my room is ready?

hey, im new here as well and also from a small town. i gotta say this site is pretty neat, so glad i found it
Lady Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:33 PM   #18
ape descendant

If you would do us the honor of an intro thread, I'll get you a room ready, do you want padding or concrete? Do you prefer restraints on a cot, or strait-jacket?

Be Kind
Old 06-22-2010, 01:56 PM   #19
MaggotQueen

Quote:
If you would do us the honor of an intro thread, I'll get you a room ready, do you want padding or concrete? Do you prefer restraints on a cot, or strait-jacket?
Hahaha padding would be helpful.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:44 AM   #20
Lady Sorrow

Quote:
padded room and a straight jacket please. the temptation to smash my head would be unbearable. i dont trust restraints, they never worked before.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:46 AM   #21
ape descendant

Well, some people like bashing their head on the cold concrete, I didn't want to assume.

Be Kind
Old 06-23-2010, 08:48 AM   #22
Lady Sorrow

thank you for being so curtieous miss, how very polte of you
Old 06-23-2010, 09:22 AM   #23
ape descendant

I will have to suspend politeness for just a moment... I'm going to be a total douche and suggest spell check.

Courteous and polite are things that people will not be if your spelling is bad. While I certainly do understand and acknowledge the fact that English is a poorly put together language who's words are unruly at best and absolutely dastardly at worst... people get a little weird and up people's asses about it if it is a regular problem.

What color would you like your strait-jacket to be? And, do you like buttons on your padding?

Be Kind
Old 06-23-2010, 09:30 AM   #24
Lady Sorrow

lol you are pardoned miss, (i know i am a horrible speller. i do wish the american english language would go to phentic spelling like it was suggested some odd years ago.)

black will fine for me miss
Old 06-23-2010, 09:41 AM   #25
ape descendant

One trick that helps, is to write your text in a word processing program and spell check it before you post it. After a while you won't need it. I still use spell check occasionally. My spelling was impeccable when I was still in school, but that was over a decade ago, so I must spell check so that my arguments will not be thrown out due to my less (but not much less ) than perfect spelling.

Be Kind