Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:42 PM   #76
Saya

Look:

Notice how its the same shape as the useless eye mask she wore in the show? And how its it more ridiculous than the other eyewear and costumes she's had?

Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:54 PM   #77
AshleyO

Aw hell, it does look more ridiculous. Damn son.
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:37 PM   #78
Saya

Trollololololol.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:25 PM   #79
Ben Lahnger

Saya, you're making my point!

SILLY!

GOOFY!

SEXY FROM THE NECK DOWN!
ABOVE THE NECK ... WHACKED OUT!

RIDICULI!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:36 PM   #80
Ben Lahnger

By the way, in the two pictures you posted, the goggles look like Dame Edna glasses. Back in the 60's TV show, they sometimes had the cat wear glasses like that in her secret identity ... an unsubtle nod to her nightly role as a purrloiner. But it looked like crap and it was all about camp ... making fun, being ridiculous on purpose.

The difference is, the people who draw her now don't know they're doing camp.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:45 PM   #81
Saya

And the stupid Wonder Woman hotpants aren't camp?
Old 07-24-2011, 09:28 PM   #82
Saya

Also, I don't have any of the comics to refer to, but apparently the goggles are night vision goggles, which makes a lot of sense, given that she is a burglar (is there a comic where she steals gold from a dragon?) and not, in fact, a dominatrix.

Quote:
The goggles, in this case, undoubtedly refer to the Darwyn Cooke 2001 redesign of the character to a black catsuit (not a pun) whose zipper is a great barometer for the dedication of an artist to drawing women without sexually objectifying them, a cowl with stylized ears and a big old pair of catseye night-vision goggles.
http://www.themarysue.com/dark-knigh...woman-costume/

Emphasis mine because I thought that was hilarious, and true. I noticed for the Arkham City trailer, which I am really psyched for, Catwoman is a playable character (EEEEEEE), but the trailer focuses mostly on her ass, and her zipper is down.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:43 AM   #83
AshleyO

Catwoman has always looked stupid from the neck up; so what else is new?

The new body suit is pretty nice though. That's something I think a lot of us can dig.

Now wait one cotton pickin' minute... Am I the only one here that doesn't find Catwoman remotely attractive?
Old 07-25-2011, 12:48 AM   #84
AshleyO

Gray bodysuit is the best. This modern Catwoman can go fuck off.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:59 PM   #85
Saya

ASHLEY LOOOOOOOOOOK

http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/...1467/cottilard
Old 08-01-2011, 01:14 PM   #86
AshleyO

Yeah, I saw those pics and thought:

Well shit. I'm not surprised.

I BET she's playing Miranda Tate as an alias until closer to the end of the movie.

Talia and Bane are waging war on Gotham with Bruce Wayne's dime. Mark my words.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #87
AshleyO

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=43343

Video footage of Talia being a crime lord on City Hall!
Old 12-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #88
Saya

So how are people feeling about the fact that the movie takes place eight years after TDK?

Also, new poster shows Bane walking away from a smashed up Batman mask. I wonder if they're going to do The Man Who Broke The Bat thing, and end with someone else taking up the Batman mantle.

Although I think it would be wicked if Bruce is paralyzed, and all the other Batverse heroes show up in the end. I know Nolan doesn't want to do more movies but I think it would be a nice way for making up for no Robin or Batgirl, and if someone else wants to make a Nightwing or Huntress movie they have a chance to spin off.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #89
Beowulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
So how are people feeling about the fact that the movie takes place eight years after TDK?

Also, new poster shows Bane walking away from a smashed up Batman mask. I wonder if they're going to do The Man Who Broke The Bat thing, and end with someone else taking up the Batman mantle.

Although I think it would be wicked if Bruce is paralyzed, and all the other Batverse heroes show up in the end. I know Nolan doesn't want to do more movies but I think it would be a nice way for making up for no Robin or Batgirl, and if someone else wants to make a Nightwing or Huntress movie they have a chance to spin off.

Saya,

How about the `Azrael` storyline ?
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:25 PM   #90
Saya

I feel like that would require a Robin since that was a big part of his story, but it wouldn't be bad if they just showed him taking up the cowl and that's it. And of course if they do Nightwing after they'd have to change his origin, or just mention he used to work with Batman.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #91
x-deviant-x

the glasses are very dolce & gabbana-esque, which is very much something like Anne Hathaway and Eartha Kitt both would have worn in their day. I suspect the artists are trying to pay homage by tying in a small piece of retro style.
x-deviant-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:20 PM   #92
Murder.Of.Crows

Looks like this is probably Nolan's version of the Catwoman goggles. Not sure on your opinions, but I think they look badass, just not very Catwomanish...

edit just found this pic here v v v
Old 12-11-2011, 06:42 PM   #93
Saya

We discussed it more in another thread about how stupid the heels are.

And I get the mask is retro, but its also a pretty shitty disguise, even the Green Lantern movie made fun of it. Overall, I think its really out of place in Nolan's attempt of making Batman realistic.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:37 AM   #94
Valhalla

I wish her mask was a head piece instead.

Also. UGH heels.

Quote:
I feel like that would require a Robin since that was a big part of his story, but it wouldn't be bad if they just showed him taking up the cowl and that's it. And of course if they do Nightwing after they'd have to change his origin, or just mention he used to work with Batman.
I guess since there's an 8 year time gap there would have been time for Nightwing to show up in Batman's life at 11ish, turn 19, and leave to do his own thing. Although that would be awfully specific.

Either way, sadly, I don't think there'll ever be a Nightwing movie.

Then again, Deadpool's getting a movie. So while there is hope for smaller characters getting their big screen time, I think it's still slim.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:39 AM   #95
Saya

I'm kinda thinking though that Batman is DC's most bankable franchise, though. The Green Lantern movie tanked and we'll have to wait and see how Man Of Steel goes.

Still pissed that because the Wonder Woman animated film wasn't good that they decided NO MOAR WOMEN ANIMATED FILMS, but Green Lantern and Superman Returns bomb and they're like MAYBE IF WE MAKE MORE SEQUELS IT'LL WORK.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #96
Murder.Of.Crows

I want a Nightwing movie so bad and I liked the green lantern movie. Iffy about Deadpool, they really fucked him over in the Wolverine movie.

Not to keen on a Wonder woman movie.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:44 PM   #97
Saya

I think if they skipped ahead and did a Cassandra Cain Batgirl movie it would be amazing, and ties in well with the League.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:07 PM   #98
AshleyO

I am convinced that Bane is going to be fucking incredible.

Again... I wish they hadn't blatantly ignored the ethnicity of these characters.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
Old 07-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #99
Saya

So apparently her heels are knives: http://www.empireonline.com/intervie...w.asp?IID=1524

Its dumb to have an acrobatic cat burglar doing gymnastics in heels. Its dumb for a thief to be wearing SHARP METAL KNIVES for stilettos click on the floor loudly wherever she goes.

But apparently Nolan thought cat ears and a bull whip was too dumb.

I think I'm going to dislike this movie.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #100
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
So apparently her heels are knives: http://www.empireonline.com/intervie...w.asp?IID=1524

Its dumb to have an acrobatic cat burglar doing gymnastics in heels. Its dumb for a thief to be wearing SHARP METAL KNIVES for stilettos click on the floor loudly wherever she goes.

But apparently Nolan thought cat ears and a bull whip was too dumb.

I think I'm going to dislike this movie.
Tell you what I'm planning to see it on the morning of, and without spoiling for you I'll tell you if it worked well or not. Given his current streak of excellence I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I doubt everyone thought the direction he was taking the Dark Knight in was going to be good when they first heard about it. Yet in the end he gave Heath Ledger a role worthy of marking the end his life with, give the man some credit.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote