Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:53 AM   #1
taxidermy

good afternoon

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I love photography, although I sadly don't get a chance to do it very often. My second artistic love is sculpture, and all of the other arts follow suit. I'm obssessed with literature of any sort. Sewing, meditating, and researching Victorian culture occupies the rest of my time.

2. Where are you from?
Maryland

3. Who is your favorite author?
A tough question to answer. Typically, as long as it's well composed and has some type of interesting subject manner, they're all interesting. But let's go with Lord Byron, Edgar A. Poe.

4. What are your favorite films?
asian cinema/horror films, b-rated and old school horror films.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
My fiance will most likely override me on this (he's metal, through and through...) but I would prefer the Cure, Clan of Xymox, Specimen, Christian Death, etc.

6. At your funeral?
"Waiting", by The Cure. It accurately describes myself thus far.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
*thinks of something gothy* haha, extreme old age....dressed like a vampire.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
I really haven't put much thought into it, but something unneccessarily lush and vevelty, that cost a lot more than I should have spent

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
For comfort's sake, a long, billowy skirt and a (real, waist training) corset. For work, a pencil skirt and an office appropriate shirt.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Being able to come and go as I pleased. Being able to imagine anything I wanted.

11. What's your favorite band?
The Cure, undoubtedly.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I graduated from my high school with honors in literature and fine arts. I'm currently on hiatus from college, but plan to graduate with a Ph.D. in library science, and a minor in literature. (a fancy way of saying 'librarian')

13. Why did you join?
Potential friends, and just general conversation with like minded individuals.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Female.
taxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:04 AM   #2
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxidermy
Training corset for comfort and woooo! Victoriana
Aside from Jillian if not Gothicus Maximus eventually popping in to crap on your love for Victoriana (the obsession with it from the goths makes me say WTF too), welcome all the same.

Out of curiosity, how does a training corset seem comfortable and what's your motivation for Victoriana?

I also recommend Strobelight Records, Hungry Eye Records, and Mutant Transmissions and Drop Dead magazine?
Old 04-22-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
Underwater Ophelia

When properly fitted and worn, a good quality training corset can be quite comfortable.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:19 AM   #4
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
When properly fitted and worn, a good quality training corset can be quite comfortable.
Hmm, really? 'Cause when I think of training corsets, I just can't help but think of that one woman who now has one of the smallest waist sizes recorded with her corset training.

Of course, I'm also new and open to the idea of corsetry...
Old 04-22-2008, 02:16 PM   #5
taxidermy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly PopMuzik
Aside from Jillian if not Gothicus Maximus eventually popping in to crap on your love for Victoriana (the obsession with it from the goths makes me say WTF too), welcome all the same.

Out of curiosity, how does a training corset seem comfortable and what's your motivation for Victoriana?

I also recommend Strobelight Records, Hungry Eye Records, and Mutant Transmissions and Drop Dead magazine?

Thank you for the recommendations. Drop Dead magazine is actually one of my favorite reads, and I'd really love to go to the festivals.

A training corset *is* comfortable, when fitted and worn properly. My father and I both have bad backs, and the corset helps with posture and the like. And Victoriana..it isn't the typical "zomg, gofficks <3 victorian stuff!!!!!11!1!" My grandmother was very into Victoriana, and she passed away. So I see Victorian related things and think of her. That, and the actual *culture* of the time interests me.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:17 PM   #6
taxidermy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly PopMuzik
Hmm, really? 'Cause when I think of training corsets, I just can't help but think of that one woman who now has one of the smallest waist sizes recorded with her corset training.

Of course, I'm also new and open to the idea of corsetry...

That lady is...a tad excited about corsetry.