Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-09-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
Wormboy

I think

I think this makes me an asshole, but I just signed up for GodTube with the screen name AntichristSuperstar. I intend on having quite a bit of fun with the Christians ^_^. I know I'm an ass, but this is fun.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:56 PM   #2
gothicusmaximus

No complaining next time someone trolls gnet.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #3
raggedyanne

Keep us posted on your antics! Message me over myspace with the best ones, k?
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:12 PM   #4
Wormboy

You mean I can't participate in antitroll rantings next time one appears in order to torment the christians? Oh fine. ^_^ worth it

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:15 PM   #5
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne
Keep us posted on your antics! Message me over myspace with the best ones, k?
Haha alright love I will.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:40 AM   #6
Wormboy

HAHA! I was banned from Godtube!!

Old 01-10-2008, 02:45 AM   #7
Nevan

Serves you right.

Alas! Must it ever be so?
Do we stand in our own light, wherever we go,
And fight our own shadows forever?
- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Nevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:49 AM   #8
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
HAHA! I was banned from Godtube!!
So, what did you do?

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:01 AM   #9
MollyMac

Good. It's bullshit anyway you look at it. You can't say that Christians antagonize you when you are the one tha tsought them out.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:34 AM   #10
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Whether you troll an astronomy, Christian or quilting site, trolling is trolling.
You are setting out to intenionally antagonize people. Play with fire, you get burned.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:27 AM   #11
L'Oiseau Noir

So.. much... Christian hate!

Whyyyyyy? Some of us are decent (and yes, I know I whine about this a lot but it upsets me when people clump all Christians together). You shouldn't bother them, just as they shouldn't bother you... you're just being a real meanie.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:18 AM   #12
IsolatedReptile

Yeah, I've got to say, I've learned not to hate the Christians. Speak softly and no one will mess with you, and on the off chance they do, actually keep that big stick in your back pocket.
IsolatedReptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:53 AM   #13
Wormboy

Oh don't get me wrong. I didn't go around saying fuck jesus. I posted legitimate concerns. Like when I see children reciting psalms from memory, I get worried. Why? Because these little kids can barely comprehend the world around them and their parents have already decided their beliefs for them. I am personally against such behavior. I think parents should let their kids grow up and find their own belief system instead of indoctrinating them from such a young age. I'm against child brainwashing. I wasn't a traditional "troll". I didn't intentionally annoy per se, I more wanted to challenge hoping to see a response and maybe you know, get a halfway decent conversation. Instead they blocked my IP Address

Old 01-10-2008, 08:59 AM   #14
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir

Whyyyyyy? Some of us are decent (and yes, I know I whine about this a lot but it upsets me when people clump all Christians together). You shouldn't bother them, just as they shouldn't bother you... you're just being a real meanie.
For the record deary, I don't hate you. I have an incredibly strong dislike towards your faith and your bible. You as a person I think are lovely.

And HP, you know I love you. It's nothing personal, I just wanted to shake them up a bit, I was more civil than I was here when I started. I just merely posted concerns.

Tell you what, how bout we have some nice tea? *passes out little cups* *pours tea* here you all are darlings. ^_^

Old 01-10-2008, 09:37 AM   #15
IsolatedReptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
Oh don't get me wrong. I didn't go around saying fuck jesus. I posted legitimate concerns. Like when I see children reciting psalms from memory, I get worried. Why? Because these little kids can barely comprehend the world around them and their parents have already decided their beliefs for them. I am personally against such behavior. I think parents should let their kids grow up and find their own belief system instead of indoctrinating them from such a young age. I'm against child brainwashing. I wasn't a traditional "troll". I didn't intentionally annoy per se, I more wanted to challenge hoping to see a response and maybe you know, get a halfway decent conversation. Instead they blocked my IP Address
Brainwashing isn't what that is to them though. To them, they are saving their child's soul. Which, while I disagree with, I can understand and leave them alone for it. Also, if the child grows up and decides to experiment, they can feel free to. No one is going to stop the person from going, "I wonder what Buddhism is about," picking up a book, and finding out. I'm sure there is something your parents tried to teach you when you were young that you rejected.
IsolatedReptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:55 AM   #16
Drake Dun

In spite of my own occasional excesses, and although I completely understand the motivation, this kind of thing is probably not very productive.

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:57 AM   #17
Kanedawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir

Bambina! I used to hate Christianity, but I don't now. There are people who give it a bad name, and who effectively torment those outside their beliefs. It is unfair and pointedly counter-intellectual that people get so carried away with generalizing. What matters more than even, goth forbid, someone being emo, is who they are as an individual.

I wonder at times what the actual dominant belief system is now. Some would claim it is Christianity but I'm not sure that atheism is not the mainstream these days. I've been through it too in that I have some open-minded science-friendly beliefs, but came to realize that the people at the newspaper I wrote for all seemed to be hardnosed atheists, and that I should keep my thoughts on such matters to myself.
Kanedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:40 AM   #18
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanedawg
I wonder at times what the actual dominant belief system is now. Some would claim it is Christianity but I'm not sure that atheism is not the mainstream these days.
In most places Christianity is a minority as far as religions are concerned, it just happens to be very dominant in some fairly influential places (case in point the U.S.). For the life of me I cannot remember what the leading religion is world wide (maybe Islam?) even though I should remember it from international relations as well as comparative religions (guess my mind is too full of other pointless pieces of information).
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:09 PM   #19
Godslayer Jillian

Catholicism is the leading religion, with Islam becoming the fastest growing religion.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:11 PM   #20
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Catholicism is the leading religion, with Islam becoming the fastest growing religion.
Catholicism as a whole or just one type?

...at least now I know why Islam was bouncing around my head as the answer
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:03 PM   #21
Kanedawg

I read somewhere that Paganism was the up and comer. Maybe that's just in the America, though.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:12 PM   #22
Wormboy

Christianity as a whole, and yes, I include catholicisim and mormanism and all those bible humping christ worshiping types in there, lead the world.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #23
Kanedawg

Perhaps there are a lot of Christians out there but I often seem to be among concentrations of atheists.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:22 PM   #24
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
Catholicism as a whole or just one type?
Roman Catholicism.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:48 PM   #25
Green.Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Roman Catholicism.
I'm guessing that their lack of birth control has something to do with this?
Deliver me a paper
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote