Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-04-2009, 12:39 PM   #26
Minyaliel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir View Post
Minyaliel; I'm getting tired of repeatedly telling you how awesome you are. :/
Hahaha, awwww =) Well, thanks again, Mir. *grins*
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:40 PM   #27
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by isobel black View Post
Goth chicks are easy.
Not all Goth Chicks are easy.

Anyway, I was going to say that hanging out with Goths is better because there is more encouragement to pursue careers, school or artistry, but that's a lie. Oh well, at least not having to worry about someone trying to convince me to live on the street, become and alocholic, or get in fights all the time.

However, thinking about it again it is rewarding competing against other Goths in my age group or older. I got a bachelor degree younger than a bunch of other people. The average age is about 30 though. Also encouraged me to write more and work on getting published.

Also I am muscular. Fat chicks do not were my pants size. You all need to go workout.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:09 PM   #28
eternalcrimson

I would love to date another goth guy.

Most gay men (especially in Southern California) are shallow and dull. Sort of like standing in the first step of a swimming pool. All they are concerned about are watching American Idol and being involved in anything that is mainstream and dull. I don't know why most hetrosexuals look up to gay people for tastes in fashion and other things that are in "vogue". They don't know shit. Ask a fag if they have ever seen "Threads" or what their opinion of "Amille" is. They'll look at you with a blank stare like "What the fuck is that?"

Also the average gay man does not know how to have sex. Recently I had sex with this guy I met at college and there was something I noticed. It felt very mechanical from his end. Like he was doing it just to get off as oppose to enjoying the journey. Most average (non-subculture) gay men that I have been are just horrible at sex.

The thing I like about having sex with people in subcultures is they are very in touch with their senses and they know what turns themselves and other people on. One of the things that I love about the gothic subculture is that it's visceral. It's a quality that you usually can't find in just any individual (unless they are artistic or in a subculture).
eternalcrimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:19 PM   #29
Catch

Almost exactly, I've accomplished a real relationship with the people I date, even friendships too. It always ends badly.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:28 PM   #30
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalcrimson View Post

The thing I like about having sex with people in subcultures is they are very in touch with their senses and they know what turns themselves and other people on. One of the things that I love about the gothic subculture is that it's visceral. It's a quality that you usually can't find in just any individual (unless they are artistic or in a subculture).
This is a stupidly inaccurate generalization.

And Catch, you aren't muscular, you're chubby.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:31 PM   #31
Catch

Whatever, I've been chatting on the Internet and may possibly go out on a date again. Should be interesting. It is with a Goth person, so we have one thing in common.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #32
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus View Post
You don't have a crush on me, do you? ^_~
Of course not.... you live in Japan, teach English, are cute, have an interesting personal- oh fuck....
Old 04-04-2009, 03:48 PM   #33
ZyklonB

I've never dated anyone really considered goth at all. Can't really imagine it. I need some balance, it can't be all gothity goth goth the whole time.
ZyklonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:52 PM   #34
Desdemona

I prefer people I don't have a huge amount in common with. Gives me more to talk about with them and stuff.
My boyfriend is obsessed with The Black Daliha Murder, Suicide Silence and other such bands that sound like your brain in melting. :P

Desdemona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 04:31 PM   #35
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalcrimson View Post
So what you're saying is you want people completely for their body and couldn't care less about their mind? Yeah.. you've got high standards.

And honestly I think you've got that backwards... as far as what I've witnessed most people care about looks more so than most other things. The majority of our species is shallow, mainly because it's the first thing we are knowledgeable about in another person, well that is, apart from meeting people in chat rooms, but even then half the time most people just want to know what someone looks like first. Or if they are male or female, or how old they are.

Unless of course you meant visceral in relation to the body's organs. But then, that wouldn't make any sense... So I just figured I'd excuse that bit...
Old 04-04-2009, 06:03 PM   #36
eternalcrimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr E Nigma View Post
So what you're saying is you want people completely for their body and couldn't care less about their mind? Yeah.. you've got high standards.
You got that backwards. I want them for their mind, not for their body. I go out with all people alike. Fat/skinny, metal, punk, etc. I just can't stand shallow people.

Quote:
And honestly I think you've got that backwards... as far as what I've witnessed most people care about looks more so than most other things. The majority of our species is shallow, mainly because it's the first thing we are knowledgeable about in another person, well that is, apart from meeting people in chat rooms, but even then half the time most people just want to know what someone looks like first. Or if they are male or female, or how old they are.
I think the word "looks" is subjective. One person's deffinition of beauty is another deffinition of ugly.

As far everyone is shallow I disagree. Then again I guess it depends on your deffinition of the word "shallow". Mine is simple, it's someone who just goes along with what the majority wants and doesn't question anything. Since in mine opinion the majority is wrong most of the time I go against it. I am attracted to rebelious people.

Quote:
S
Unless of course you meant visceral in relation to the body's organs. But then, that wouldn't make any sense... So I just figured I'd excuse that bit...
What I mean by visceral is someone that lives in their senses. There are so many people in this world who don't live in them.

For example I consider myself to be visceral and I am attracted to many things including sights, sounds, motions, emotions, tastes, etc.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:08 PM   #37
Mir

Would it be taking things out of context if I said that the majority just want food, and a place to sleep?
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:10 PM   #38
Duane

I just want a girl who won't ditch me for a better looking guy at the first chance she gets. Very patient, likes at least 5 bands that I do, and... has a Romanian accent.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:14 PM   #39
eternalcrimson

Talking

Quote:
Would it be taking things out of context if I said that the majority just want food, and a place to sleep?
lol That's funny
Old 04-04-2009, 06:19 PM   #40
Mir

I wasn't trying to be funny.

Like you said, our perception of what is important to us doesn't always equate. So, why not just accept that as is, and move on? Or you can spend hours trying to justify yourself, and be flamed for it.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:35 PM   #41
eternalcrimson

Quote:
I wasn't trying to be funny.

Like you said, our perception of what is important to us doesn't always equate. So, why not just accept that as is, and move on? Or you can spend hours trying to justify yourself, and be flamed for it.
All I am doing is giving a personal opinion. In my opinion the majority is wrong most of the time. I could type endless examples of that but is it worth it? no. If you don't agree with me I respect that but I don't know why you have to use the whole flame threat thing against me.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:41 PM   #42
Godslayer Jillian

What the hell happened with liking people because of their good looks?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:45 PM   #43
Mir

You've just got to learn to deal with it. Or move somewhere else. Like Mars.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:53 PM   #44
Duane

Yeah, it's just shallow and... heh.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:22 PM   #45
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I thought it was obvious I was joking XD and if I recall your old profile picture correctly, you pretty much look like every guy I've ever dated.
I thought so, but I played along anyway. ;-) I thought that was a pretty awesome burn of Catch.

I ought to update my profile picture, I've since cut my long hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey
Of course not.... you live in Japan, teach English, are cute, have an interesting personal- oh fuck....
I am flattered and unworthy-feeling. :-)

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:36 PM   #46
Sir Canvas Corpsey

You sure know how to treat a man :3
Old 04-04-2009, 08:09 PM   #47
TrueLife

I know a lot of people are saying they would date outside their social circle or have in the past. But is anyone currently in a relationship with a person who is totally not in the scene? i'd be curious to hear about the dynamic in regards to extended social networks, or even the reactions of peers who are not necessarily friends. And if it caused relationship tension.
TrueLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #48
Godslayer Jillian

Never dated anyone "in the scene"
Well, actually I dated that one wannabe vampire doll girl. She was really really dull

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:15 PM   #49
-Falloe-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
Well, TrueLife, as I imagine you must have noticed to some extent, most goth women are ugly chicks who, spurned by a mainstream fixated with beauty, attach themselves to an alternative culture in a desperate bid to find acceptance, and possibly to justify an exclusively black wardrobe, enjoying varying degrees of success in doing so. For this reason, women whose company I enjoy generally have no involvement in the scene.
All the goth chicks Ive dated were hott. I can see how you would see that though. Its rare that Ill date a goth chick though. They say that Im sexist or something like that and that I dont appreciate women. I honestly dont give a shit and move on the next day.
-Falloe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:42 PM   #50
Catch

I have dated Goths in the past. However, last night ended up flaking off and going for a nice drive through the canyons instead.

I forgot that most Goth men are jerks that think seducing someone revolves around talking about graphic sex. They also seem to be in the opinion that Goth women are sluts. I'm fairly sure he inadvertantly communicated that he thought I was whore. Yep. Maybe there is a reason Goths don't date each other much. That only leaves... other people.