Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:14 AM   #1
constanza

the eyeliner thread

i cant believe someone hasnt done this thread yet.post your favorite eyeliner designs/or tips and soon we'll have a whopping great treasure trove of lovely eye art.

heres some of my favs:

http://s509.photobucket.com/albums/s...=eyeliner1.jpg

http://s509.photobucket.com/albums/s...=eyeliner2.jpg

http://s509.photobucket.com/albums/s...=eyeliner3.jpg

http://s509.photobucket.com/albums/s...=eyeliner4.jpg

http://s509.photobucket.com/albums/s...=eyeliner6.jpg
constanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:20 AM   #2
meezerosity

Those are pretty cool. Heavy black eyeliner doesn't work for me, I prefer just a bit or a cool grey kohl. My holy grail of black eyeliner is the eye marker by Sonia Kashuk, you can get it at Target. It's basically liquid but in a felt tip pen so its easy to use if you don't have steady hands. Stays on long too.
meezerosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
Solumina

It stays on long but be sure to have a steady hand before you put it on as it can be quite bitchy to get it off (it also comes in some very fun colors)
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:26 PM   #4
Minyaliel

Eeep, it's the squiggles again... *flinches*

I love eyeliner, I really do. But usually I am a bit conservative with the designs I do; I don't have the cash to buy new dipliner all the time, and anyway I don't react too well on the stuff either (my skin starts stinging). I usually go with a shape similar to that in picture number four, but with only a small, thin line on the outmost half of my lower lids and half as wide dipliner on the upper lid. It still is thick, which suits me, but only thick enough to make the liner last for a few months.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:41 PM   #5
XxBloodyrosexX

eyeliner is like the only make-up I use but, I never get too creative w/ it. I do a medium thick line from my outside part of my eye to right before the tear duct. Do you know how most people draw like, a line around their tear duct? I stop before there. I just make the way outside really buffy and dark so my eyes like, open. I might try some of the simpler designs though, too much would freak my mom out even more. She's make-up sensitive.
I use whatever brand my mom brings home, do you have any favs? I use the 'auto' eyeliners. The ones you twist. I could never have any luck shapening the wooden pencils. Fav. brands?
XxBloodyrosexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:00 PM   #6
Solumina

I like the twisty ones, most of the time I go with Almay for my black liner as well as for the pearl highlighter that I sometimes use as they seem to be somewhat higher quality than other liners in the same price range. As for color I bounce around brands. Currently I'm a huge fan of Rimmel's aubergine paired with my blue Almay intense i-color mascara, the look really makes my blue eyes stand out even with the lightest application.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-13-2008, 12:15 AM   #7
Minyaliel

When I get to choose something a bit more expensive than H&M's dipliner I go with cake liner (the type you find used professionally in theatres) and a thin, high quality brush. You can't get anything better. It lasts for ages, and looks good - with enough practise. Brushes definitely crave a steady hand.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Old 08-13-2008, 07:58 AM   #8
Unimatrix 00

Picture 2 looks cute and I have to try that out sometime. 3 looks horrible though. I always think swirls just look like a three-year-old has drawn all over your face while you're asleep.

As for me, I go for gel eyeliners mostly. MAC all the way for me. I use their Fluidline and the 210 brush which ives ultra precise application. When I'm on the go, I usually carry around a kohl pencil with me, again MAC. I've found them to be the best brand for eyeliners. And eyeshadows. And everything else.
Unimatrix 00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:30 AM   #9
DementiaNocturne

I'd do much more if I weren't allergic to liquid eyeliner. -_-''''
DementiaNocturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:28 PM   #10
She_Is_My_Sin

I like keeping my eyeliner pretty basic. Pencil for daytime, liquid for going out. I normally just do a thick sweep over the top lid with a flick at the corner.

Recently I've been doing my lower lid too, quite thick and with lots of mascara. It looks more effective now that I've got a thick fringe, so it draws attention to my eyes and makes them look bigger. For some unknown reason, when I attempted this without my fringe, my eyes looked small and crabby.

But can I ask: does anyone else have the problem of their eyeliner creating the panda-eyes look, after a short time of wearing it?

I put powder around my eyes before applying (as I was told this prevents it) but it hasn't seemed to work.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:23 PM   #11
Joker_in_the_Pack

I like number two. Some, if not most of these designs, especially the thicker ones, would be done better with a little eyeliner and very good quality eyeshadow with a good brush as opposed to eyeliner alone.
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:30 PM   #12
xParadigmx

i only wear eyeliner, its too hot for anything else here. i only line my eyes though. im too poor to afford to go out and buy it all the time.
xParadigmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:06 PM   #13
faye_falling

I use cheapy NYC pencils. It's a little rough going on, but I find that it stays much better than the soft twisty pencils.
faye_falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:01 AM   #14
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Is_My_Sin
But can I ask: does anyone else have the problem of their eyeliner creating the panda-eyes look, after a short time of wearing it?
Softer pencils are more likely to smudge so that could be your problem right there, switching to a liquid or a firmer pencil should do the trick. Another problem could be the mascara, if you have long lower lashes they could be brushing against the skin under your eyes when you look downwards and that could be the reason for the smudges. I used to have this problem I started taking a q-tip and dabbing the tips of the lashes and I haven't had any problems since (you could also just skip the mascara on the lower lashes but I think that looks a bit funny with heavy makeup)
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-15-2008, 08:19 PM   #15
onyxprop

what about that stuff those indian chicks use?

henna
onyxprop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:13 PM   #16
meezerosity

Henna is for body art and hair. I think you are referring to pure kohl.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:54 AM   #17
Minyaliel

Kohl + henna = fun XD But yeah, you're mixing them up. I seriously wouldn't want to try lining my eyes with henna. :P That just sounds really messy (and you'd propably end up with henna red lashes).
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Old 08-16-2008, 11:39 AM   #18
meezerosity

Eep, that does sound icky. I've hennaed my eyebrows before but I wouldn't want henna mud anywhere that close to my eyes O.o

Another cost effective eyeliner are the pencils they sell at Sally's Beauty Supply, the brand escapes me right now but if I find mine I'll post it. They're not amazing, but come in quite a few fun colors like green, red, purple, silver, various blues, plus they're cheap if you want to experiment with other fun colors. I like their silver and green the best.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:13 PM   #19
xParadigmx

i generally have a good, dark line with the rimmel line of kohl.
xParadigmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 01:20 AM   #20
DementiaNocturne

I occassionally intentionally shower with panda eyes to get it to smear in what I believe is an attractive pattern...:3
DementiaNocturne is offline   Reply With Quote