Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 02-18-2009, 07:47 PM   #26
alyroi360

Lol!!!! that's hilarious.
alyroi360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:55 PM   #27
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
"Rats with wings" is my favorite pigeon phrase.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:45 PM   #28
Godslayer Jillian

If you can respect Nazis I can't respect you.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:41 AM   #29
honeythorn

You haven't posted here in a long time? I can believe that. You also must have been just as insufferably boring, whingey and forgettable back then, because I honestly don't think anyone remembers you, let alone gives a shit.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:54 AM   #30
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
You haven't posted here in a long time? I can believe that. You also must have been just as insufferably boring, whingey and forgettable back then, because I honestly don't think anyone remembers you, let alone gives a shit.
Honeythorn has spoken.

Get the fuck out!

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:44 AM   #31
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
If you can respect Nazis I can't respect you.
Second page before someone mentioned that?

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:11 AM   #32
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius
I believe in oposite sex mariages only.

I do not wish to be burned on a stake for my beliefs.

Everibody is entilted to their own beliefs. Please keep an opened mind.

I'm sorry if my spelling is not quite right, I'm drunk as fuck right now.
Is that not ironic? I believe certain people should be denied certain rights, but hey, don't judge me for judging them, keep an open mind.

It's kinda like saying, Hi, I'm a nazi who thinks you should die, but don't hold that against me, keep an open mind and support me and my beliefs.

The problem is, your beliefs as stated (at least one) tramples on the rights of a large swath of society. Asking for people to be open minded to your close mindedness seems a bit daft.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:50 AM   #33
Necrophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Hey, if we're going to entertain the idea his god being real, then he's OBLIGATED to own up to his god's madness.
I really don't see how God is mad just because he killed his own creations. Buildings are our creations, and we knock them down. Does that make us mad? No.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:09 AM   #34
Drake Dun

Ugh. I'm not even touching that one. The fallacy is so obvious that if you don't see it yourself (which I really, really doubt), you're hopelessly stupid, depraved, or both. Thank you for the textbook illustration of how religion perverts the moral sense, though.
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:33 PM   #35
Necrophagist

Fine, another example: insects. Everyone here has killed thousands of insects for no reason. Is that different to what God has been doing? No. When everyone of us has exterminated thousands of living creatures, we can't start complaining about God killing thousands when we've done so ourselves.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:39 PM   #36
Drake Dun

Lol. Keep piling it on. I think I'll bookmark this for future use.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:48 PM   #37
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophagist
Fine, another example: insects. Everyone here has killed thousands of insects for no reason. Is that different to what God has been doing? No. When everyone of us has exterminated thousands of living creatures, we can't start complaining about God killing thousands when we've done so ourselves.
I counted the other day. I've killed six spiders, twelve crickets, two roaches, and about two dozen ants.

Just pointing out that thousands is a bit much.

Your argument sucks, by the way.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:59 PM   #38
Albert Mond

I used to personally enjoy killing ants a lot. Even so, I'm probably still only in the 100s. Counting all the unwanted guests I've killed, I'd still be in the 100s. On that note, if God existed, that would mean he was letting me kill them. Even if some sort of divine punishment were to come around, such as me going to Hell upon my death, it would not save any of the insects. Even if they go to bug Heaven and...
See. That's the kind of argument you're going to be countered with when your argument is such bullshit.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:25 PM   #39
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
This actually makes sense to me. Ants get stepped on, cute bunnies are eaten by coyotes, and random humans are killed off by disease and accidents. We are a part of the same glorious universe. Who knows? Maybe it is our planet's turn to get vaporized by an exploding star (the Sun).

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:40 PM   #40
tekajo

Quote:
i've never killed an insect that i created.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:42 AM   #41
Drake Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
This actually makes sense to me. Ants get stepped on, cute bunnies are eaten by coyotes...
You notice, however, that cute bunnies do not go around extolling the coyote as a paragon of moral virtue, recommending to other cute bunnies that they abase themselves before coyotes, or droning on and on about how much coyotes love them. No, it takes a human being to reach so sublime a level of perversity.

There's something apt about the analogy, though. If YHWH did exist, we should indeed perceive him much the way a cute bunny perceives a coyote - with blind terror and as much hatred as its pea brain can scrape together. Humans are the hapless prey, and YHWH their bloodthirsty predator. Yes, that's apt. Biblical, too.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:27 AM   #42
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
...cute bunnies are eaten by coyotes...
Well, I can understand why, they're fucking delicious.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote