Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:15 PM   #801
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Tha Duckman View Post
God I want you.
I had a feeling my avatar change to THA CURIOUS ORAAAANGE! *insert shitty D&B music and strobes here * would have some kind of effect....
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:59 PM   #802
Solumina

I have no idea what "THA CURIOUS ORAAAANGE!" is but I'm strangely drawn to it.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:17 PM   #803
honeythorn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uk9p...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6nLF...eature=related
Old 01-20-2010, 07:32 AM   #804
Tam Li Hua

Update

[This is more for me than for GNet.]

Recently, the hubby and I have started acquiring the series of books, "Eat This, Not That." Most recently, we got the kitchen version, full of recipes that aren't only healthy, but taste good as well!

This is necessary for a couple of reasons:

-- I went for a physical last week. Turns out I have high cholesterol, and I need to work on getting it down.

-- I went to the dentist for a cleaning Monday, and I have inflamed gums. They are on the edge of getting worse, but can easily be well-taken care of to get better. This includes trying not to drink anything too sugary or carmelly in-between meals.

My husband and I have switched to diet sodas. Even with that, though, I don't want to drink much soda, diet or not, because I want my teeth [or, rather, my gums] to get better. Added to regular brushing and the soda-watch, I've also been instructed to floss twice a day. Yesterday, I actually flossed 3 times. [Yay for me, I guess..?]

It's a bit of a pain, but I'm starting to feel better. I think the ETNT Kitchen book will help a lot, along with any exercise I can think of to do during the day. [There's only so much time in one day, but meh.]

Anyways, just felt the need to update myself, since I was the one who started this thread in the first place. Feel free to take it or leave it.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:43 PM   #805
Solumina

If you want to be healthy then honestly you need to cut the diet soda for a couple of reasons. First off diet sodas actually make you crave sweets since you taste the sweetness your body thinks that it is receiving sugars, when it doesn't get those sugars it thinks that something is wrong and essentially demands sugars. Next it still is every bit as acidic as regular soda (as a side note clear sodas are somewhat better for teeth and gums), sparkling lemonade is pretty much just as bad but most sparkling fruit juices are fine as long as they aren't particularly acidic. Lastly that shit will kill you, aspartame has been linked to various types of cancer (though admittedly a solid link has not yet been established), a little every now and then is fine but regular consumption isn't wise.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 01-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #806
Cosmicgaunt

mmm ... banana and maple syrup sandwhich.
Cosmicgaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:07 PM   #807
JethroAranas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
I have no idea what "THA CURIOUS ORAAAANGE!" is but I'm strangely drawn to it.
hey maam. i'm anorexic and theres this stinging object in my throat. It feels like a needle. does this have something to do with my vomiting?
JethroAranas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:16 PM   #808
Solumina

Well if you are vomiting then anorexia isn't the problem but yeah bulimia can cause nerve damage as well as scare tissue in your throat so if you are vomiting regularly then that would be the cause of the pain...unless you swallowed a needle.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 01-20-2010, 05:29 PM   #809
JethroAranas

LOL. well for some time i thought i really did swallow a needle. twas a fish bone though. thanks solumina
JethroAranas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:52 AM   #810
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
If you want to be healthy then honestly you need to cut the diet soda for a couple of reasons. First off diet sodas actually make you crave sweets since you taste the sweetness your body thinks that it is receiving sugars, when it doesn't get those sugars it thinks that something is wrong and essentially demands sugars.
Honestly, I haven't been craving sugar or sweets since I cut out the non-diet sodas. I think I crave it even less than I did with the more sugary sodas, actually.

This may be in part due to the fact that some diet drinks don't taste much different than the originals; I've found I really enjoy Diet Cherry 7-Up, Diet Dr. Pepper, and Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper because they don't taste diety.

Diet Pepsi/Diet Coke is just awful, though. If I have one of those then yeah, I crave a regular Cola, so I try to avoid those.

Quote:
Next it still is every bit as acidic as regular soda (as a side note clear sodas are somewhat better for teeth and gums), sparkling lemonade is pretty much just as bad but most sparkling fruit juices are fine as long as they aren't particularly acidic.
I will agree with you there; caramel coloring and the other stuff they put in dark sodas -can't- be healthy, and I know they're bad for teeth and gums. [I've actually known that for a while, but haven't had the motivation to do anything about it.]

Quote:
Lastly that shit will kill you, aspartame has been linked to various types of cancer (though admittedly a solid link has not yet been established), a little every now and then is fine but regular consumption isn't wise.
Eh, I do the best I can; these days, it seems like -everything- will give someone cancer or is just generally bad for you. [General "you".] Still, I'll take that into consideration.

Thanks for the advice and support! ^_^
Old 01-21-2010, 01:01 PM   #811
Duane

I lost 5 lbs.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:14 PM   #812
Tam Li Hua

Congrats! ^_^
Old 01-29-2010, 01:26 AM   #813
Lochnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post
My husband and I have switched to diet sodas.
Aspartame is evil, poisonous crap, keep far away from it! Drink water and try not to drink bottled water. If you don't like the taste of your tap water then get an active charcoal filter, they work wonders. Just my two cents.
Lochnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:27 PM   #814
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post
Update

[This is more for me than for GNet.]

Recently, the hubby and I have started acquiring the series of books, "Eat This, Not That." Most recently, we got the kitchen version, full of recipes that aren't only healthy, but taste good as well!

This is necessary for a couple of reasons:

-- I went for a physical last week. Turns out I have high cholesterol, and I need to work on getting it down.

-- I went to the dentist for a cleaning Monday, and I have inflamed gums. They are on the edge of getting worse, but can easily be well-taken care of to get better. This includes trying not to drink anything too sugary or carmelly in-between meals.

My husband and I have switched to diet sodas. Even with that, though, I don't want to drink much soda, diet or not, because I want my teeth [or, rather, my gums] to get better. Added to regular brushing and the soda-watch, I've also been instructed to floss twice a day. Yesterday, I actually flossed 3 times. [Yay for me, I guess..?]

It's a bit of a pain, but I'm starting to feel better. I think the ETNT Kitchen book will help a lot, along with any exercise I can think of to do during the day. [There's only so much time in one day, but meh.]

Anyways, just felt the need to update myself, since I was the one who started this thread in the first place. Feel free to take it or leave it.
Eat This, Not That is a bullshit book. In one of them they ask whether you should eat sausages or a cup full of walnuts. The answer? THE SAUSAGES, because there was less calories.

After I saw that I realized how stupid those books were.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:29 PM   #815
Pineapple_Juice

Also, decided best weight for me was 130. I gained ten pounds. I weigh 154. I feel fat. Now I have to lose 26 pounds.

Crap.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:21 PM   #816
MollyMac

Just eat clean. Check out Tosca Reno's Eat Clean series. It's well laid out (a bit redundant- but the points are driven home) and easy to follow. It's not a diet in the bullshit sense, it is a nutritional change and one best kept.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:31 PM   #817
Pineapple_Juice

I looked it up. They have a body fat calculator thing in there and it says I'm 23% body fat. That can't be right.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:32 PM   #818
honeythorn

How tall are you Pineapple?
Old 02-16-2010, 03:34 PM   #819
Pineapple_Juice

an inch shy of six feet.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:42 PM   #820
honeythorn

Well according to a basic BMI calculator ( not the most absolute test of weight/height health but a common base to start from ) you are completely normal and have a BMI of 21.5 (normal mid range for that height)

And going by the last full length picture of you I saw, I saw no visible stomach sticking out, and I couldn't see your ass or anything else looking remotely large or fat/overweight. So where you think this fat is I really don't know O.o

Also just put your height into this . The answer I got was very sensible and said you need to take into account muscle as well as fat ( muscle weighs more, effectively you actually can be overweight without being unhealthy or obese )

http://www.ahealthyme.com/Iweight.do
Old 02-16-2010, 04:28 PM   #821
Pineapple_Juice

I'm wide side to side, not really front to back.
And to be fair, I'm not fat...Just....quite pudgy and out of shape. Don't think I have any muscle mass.
Mostly my fattyness rests on my legs and arms.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:03 PM   #822
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
I'm wide side to side, not really front to back.
And to be fair, I'm not fat...Just....quite pudgy and out of shape. Don't think I have any muscle mass.
Mostly my fattyness rests on my legs and arms.
I'd hit you if I could. I honestly think you're the most gorgeous girl on this site and I'd kill to be half as hot as you are.

That said, if you're concerned about a little flab, losing weight might not do it. It could just be flab because you don't have much muscle mass, just try working out and getting toned and ignore the scales.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:44 AM   #823
Pineapple_Juice

Well thanks Saya, that's sweet of you. I run sometimes but not enough to make an impact. I want to get up to 5k but I just hate running. I should prolly work on cardio and weights for my arms or something.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:54 AM   #824
honeythorn

If you're wide side to side through the hips ( as in a pear shape, broader at the bottom than the top ) then no amount of dieting in the world will get rid of that as it's quite likely to be genetic. But toning up and getting fit shouldn't be to difficult really. If it's your legs and arms then maybe try a crosstrainer? That works both at the same time .

I need to throw more cardio at my routine in the gym. I'm actually quite toned and have probably more muscle mass than a woman my age should, but that's partly to do with my job so some of that I can't help really, and being physically strong is useful. But all the toned bits are covered in a layer of fat (espescially on my lower abs) which needs to go so that's what I'm working on right now.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:25 PM   #825
honeythorn

Another three pounds gone! YAY! *leaps* I'm now 85.5 kilos ( 13 stone 4, or 188 lbs )