Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #1
Saya

Holiday Crafts

less than two months away! What are you making?

I hurt my hand two weeks ago, its only in the last few days that I've been able to knit, and the bus drivers are on strike so I can't get to craft stores, but hopefully tomorrow I can get to a Michael's before class and finally get started. THEN KNIT LIKE A MADMAN.

I'm knitting a fuzzy scarf for my mom, like I made my sister last year, and I'm making a Harry Potter scarf for my best friend, she's a huge Potter fan:

I'm going to attempt to crochet slippers like these for my sister, but I'm not very good at crocheting yet, so I'm not sure. If I fuck it up I'll probably try knitting her a hat with matching mittens.

I'm going to attempt to knit this for another friend of mine: http://ladymaddy.blogspot.com/2009/1...ntage-hat.html

And I'm buying my brother something else, but if I can do this only with more embellished lettering I think it would be a hilarious second gift:

I'll ask a friend who cross stitches to help, if we have time.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #2
honeythorn

I always make a Yule wreath for our side gate ^^

The basic ring I twist from willow, then cut pine and conifer to weave in ,and also Holly ( OW, yes even with gloves) as these both represent evergreen life though the biting winter when many things die ^^ I usually also put a willow pentagram in the centre as it keeps the Jehovas witnesses at bay.

I usually add any extra berries I find, I also have some pine cones which I've kept and re-used for the past few years, they get a fresh coat of glitter and then get wired on around the edges, and I also attach a nice bauble or two for added oomph
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:23 PM   #3
vindicatedxjin

I feel like cross stitching something.... I haven't done it in forever. I want to make something that says "home sweet fucking home"
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:53 PM   #4
Saya

Jin, take a look at these: http://www.flickriver.com/groups/672...l/interesting/
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:54 AM   #5
Dama de los Cuervos

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
I usually also put a willow pentagram in the centre as it keeps the Jehovas witnesses at bay.
Smart idea! I have a teeny skull on my front door wreath that works pretty well.
Dama de los Cuervos is offline   Reply With Quote