Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:46 AM   #326
Saya

Hahahaha, I love Professor Layton! Curious Village had a pretty good twist ending too that I didn't predict. Diabolical Box had a surprise ending too but it just didn't come off as clever as Curious Village, as awesome as the scene where Layon sword fights with a vampire was.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:49 AM   #327
Ben Lahnger

HEY! Spoiler ALERT, please!

LOL!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:43 AM   #328
Saya

Thats not the twist ending! You figure out you're going to confront a vampire like halfway through the game.

The twist ending is when Layton figures out Rosebud was his sled.

What a twist!
Old 06-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #329
Ben Lahnger

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 07-20-2010, 11:51 AM   #330
MiladyMalice

Red Dead Redemption for PS3

I finished the main storyline. Booyah!

Unfortunately, I only have 20% of the trophies completed and do not intend on obtaining them all.
MiladyMalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:01 PM   #331
vindicatedxjin

Red dead redemption is kick ass... my boyfriend got 100% with all the trophies.

All I've been playing as of late is call of duty with friends.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:13 PM   #332
MiladyMalice

It is. But after you finish the main storyline and sidequests, there really is no point to playing, plus the multiplayer sucks.
MiladyMalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:14 PM   #333
ape descendant

... been playing Little Big Planet... its pretty much like an arcade game with sack people... but with more than one person playing at a time.. it can be... pure.. joy... *sob*

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:22 PM   #334
lady_cthulhu

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles...stupid, slow Richter... *grumble*
lady_cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:21 PM   #335
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Thats not the twist ending! You figure out you're going to confront a vampire like halfway through the game.

The twist ending is when Layton figures out Rosebud was his sled.

What a twist!
Now that I've finished Professor Layton and the Curious Village, the vampire comment seems funnier than it did at the time.

I solved every last puzzle in the bloody thing. Then it offers an option to download a new puzzle every week through the wifi internet connection. No thanks, I'm done.

Not buying the sequel either. I'm puzzled out. It was good, but once was enough.

I'm playing Tomb Raider: Legend now on the DS.

I also rounded up 3 more Nintendo DS units to take on my trip this coming week, so I'm looking forward to playing 4 player Bomberman Land Touch, Mario Kart, Mech Assualt - Phantom War, Mario Party, Starfox Command, Worms - Open Warfare 2, Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare, Metroid Prime Hunters, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and more with my relatives at the beach!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 07-20-2010, 03:42 PM   #336
Razeal18

God of war:chains of olympus. It's old i know but the bonus challenges are hard as hell. Such satisfaction when you beat it thou. god mode here i come
Razeal18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:36 PM   #337
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Now that I've finished Professor Layton and the Curious Village, the vampire comment seems funnier than it did at the time.

I solved every last puzzle in the bloody thing. Then it offers an option to download a new puzzle every week through the wifi internet connection. No thanks, I'm done.

Not buying the sequel either. I'm puzzled out. It was good, but once was enough.
You should eventually get it, it is awesome and the puzzles are far more varied. I liked the story of The Curious Village better though, I really liked the twist at the end.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:30 AM   #338
dead_poets_rising

Well, I've various games I like from Florensia to Zork (which I finished with husband a couple years ago). Favorite hands down is World of Warcraft... I use comp games to play out scenarios and to inspire ideas for writing, and it does work pretty well for that (lol that being said I'm considered an altoholic there by those who know me because I have 3 of each class in order to try out all possibilities for stuff... 4 kinds of druids though because technically there are 4 for them). So I've every kind of person there from my psychotic warlock engineer who loves to blow enemies up with dynamite, to a lovable gnome rogue who likes exploring! I think currently I belong to 3 guilds. Yeah I'm there a lot.
dead_poets_rising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:56 PM   #339
Social Suicide

Right now I am working on zOMG if that counts.
Before that I played the Sly Cooper games because they were supposed to be good.
Before those three, I played the Spyro games from the PS1 since I used to love those games. They are a lot easier now then I remember...
Social Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:39 PM   #340
Nihil

I'm currently playing The World Ends With You nonstop and searching/waiting for good DS games so I don't have to regret the money spent. :P
Nihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:48 PM   #341
Saya

I've been wanting to play The World Ends With You. If you're looking for good priced games Hotel Dusk is pretty cheap, I got it fourteen dollars used and I think its only twenty dollars for a new copy, and its one of my favourite games.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:08 PM   #342
Nihil

I've actually just beaten Hotel Dusk, really good game indeed.
Nihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:35 AM   #343
Alchemical_Moxie

I'm kinda bouncing around between Dragon Age, Mass Effect (first one) and Soul Calibur IV (but I have more fun with the character creator than the actual game, hehe). I had a 360 for a while but didn't think it was such great shakes until I got an HD TV. Now I'm obsessed.

I'm also kinda itching to dig out the ol' PS2 and play through Steambot Chronicles again. Holy crap I loved that game. Or dig out the SNES and play some EarthBound... Ah nostalgia.
Alchemical_Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:57 AM   #344
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I've been wanting to play The World Ends With You. If you're looking for good priced games Hotel Dusk is pretty cheap, I got it fourteen dollars used and I think its only twenty dollars for a new copy, and its one of my favourite games.
The World Ends With You is all kinds of awesome. It has that Square/Enix feel but is more action oriented than the FF series. And it is one of the few games that really makes good use of the DS's dual screen layout.

I played Hotel Dusk for a bit and got bored. It has a really cool look to it, but the closed nature of the thing made it feel more like a narrative than a game. I know you once described it as an interactive novel, but I didn't feel like there was even as much choice of direction as in the choose-your-own-adventure books I used to like. So I guess it's just not for me.

I am currently stuck on an underwater level in the Tomb Raider: Legend, and am playing Core (not a great game but a guilty pleasure) and Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (definitely a great game!)

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 08-21-2010, 12:06 PM   #345
voodoowitchdr

I finally beat ocarina of time a few weeks ago, so now I'm playing Twilight Princess
Old 08-21-2010, 07:22 PM   #346
the-nihilist

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
Old 08-21-2010, 07:28 PM   #347
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
I played Hotel Dusk for a bit and got bored. It has a really cool look to it, but the closed nature of the thing made it feel more like a narrative than a game. I know you once described it as an interactive novel, but I didn't feel like there was even as much choice of direction as in the choose-your-own-adventure books I used to like. So I guess it's just not for me.
You gotta stick with it! It starts off slow but it goes balls to the wall afterwards, and there's one or two "side quests" around for you to do that will change the scenes a bit depending on what you do, if you chose to do them or can figure it out.

Its a good game for the story, although the puzzles and interrogations get harder later on. I really liked it, couldn't predict the ending, although I did find it funny that so many people who unwittingly were connected to each other happened to stay at a hotel all at the same time. COINCIDENCE, much?
Old 08-22-2010, 07:01 AM   #348
cradle

I don't have the patience to search for these games on this thread to quote it.

Fallout 3 is amazing.
I absolutely CAN NOT wait for the next one to come out: New Vegas.

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is amazing, too. And I even more can't wait for Black Ops to come out.
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:58 AM   #349
Ben Lahnger

Saya, nope ... I'm really sure I don't want to play Hotel Dusk any more ... it's just not the kind of game I personally enjoy. Also, I pushed myself to finish the Professor Layton game but I'm not touching another one of those ever. My puzzler done been puzzled out.

I have switched from playing Core to playing Bionicle Heroes on the DS. Between Bionicle, the Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare game and Metroid Prime Hunters, I think I have the 3 best FPS games on the DS. Core really isn't anywhere near as good.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 08-23-2010, 12:15 AM   #350
Cruel Intentions

I just finished Mass Effect two on 360. and now have a dillemma.

I found a couple of old gems for the pc. Dune 2000 and Master of Orion 2. Either will take a lot of doing to get through, not sure which one to play first...
Cruel Intentions is offline   Reply With Quote