Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 10-28-2006, 01:14 AM   #1
angilssin

Wink PLEASE I need help fast!!

FOr Halloween in going as a goth. my son is goth so i know some but need help on others, i know this is last minute but just want to make sure everything is right. ok i got the clothes tell me what you think ive got a black lace bustier, short leather mini skiirt, black of course, black ripped up fishnet stockins and red ripped up tights under with black combat boots and a black zip up hoodie with bones. NOW the prob, my hair is a little longer than middle of back and reddish brown, i planed on puting them into 2 little half pigtails and i have these stupid little new growth hairs about 8 in long in front so i was gonna spray it all blacl and redden the little hairs, now with the pigtales do i straiten crimp curl tease what, straiten the rest or crimp?. or should i put all of it in pigtales and do what then? make up- i have stick and liquid never used that though so ill stick with stick also can i use that for lip liner also cause i have none. eyemakeup is black but what do i do with the eyeliner? also im 5'8 115lbs and 33 so nothing too wild please thanks!!!
angilssin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 02:30 AM   #2
Delicate_Torture

I'd wear your hair in two pigtails tied low on the sides of your head.. sort of below ear level, and then I would crimp the hair and tease it out so that it's messy.

You are best sticking with the eye pencil because liquid liner is really difficult to apply if you've not had experience with it. Just line your upper and lower lid along the lash line (on the outside of the lash line, not the inside) with the pencil and then smudge it outwards with a Q-tip until you get a smokey effect. Personally, I don't wear a lot of eye make-up, I just line my eyes and use mascara. It would probably be easier for you to go simple with your eyes and use a dark lip colour.. a deep burgandy or blood red. Stay away from black lipstick, it is never a good look.

This picture might give you an idea about the eyes.

I hope that this helps. Happy Halloween.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:28 AM   #3
DarkHeartedDemoness

http://www.partyamericastore.com/coffin-clutch.html
http://www.partyamericastore.com/gothic-twists.html

Here are a couple of things you can find at your local Party America...
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote