Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

View Poll Results: Worst Band Ever
Good Charlotte 48 28.92%
Creed 15 9.04%
Clay Aiken 29 17.47%
Guns and Roses 7 4.22%
Rap 67 40.36%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2005, 11:20 AM   #1
nonfatsuperjesus

Worst Band Ever

Now that we have a slim thread called the best band ever (the poll doesn't even have bands on it), I thought I would start a worst band ever. I have included my list of worst bands. Hope evryone has one on my list.
nonfatsuperjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:43 AM   #2
PanicQueen

I actually like GN'R. The rest I'm not so fond of. Although, I try to keep an open mind and, in doing so, I occasionally listen to rap. Not my favorite, though. The rest mentioned I despise...creed...good chrltt, bleh.
PanicQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 01:46 PM   #3
Disfunction

What about Insane Clown Posse and Sliplknot?

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 06:57 PM   #4
SpookyKabukidoll

I elect ICP and all of the other clown-rap-killing-pathetic-things.

And bands like Slipknot and Mudvayne, and their ilk.
SpookyKabukidoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 11:00 AM   #5
pitseleh

Ditto on the I.C.P. What little I dared listen to of their crap left me begging for an embolism. I wish someone at the plant would rub all their CDs with a flesh-eating virus.

And may I also cast a couple votes for Evanescence and Hoobastank (plus worst band-name on them). And Linkin Park.

And F.Y.I: "Rap" is not a band. It's a verb. There's a lot of good hip-hop out there, outside the charts.
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 11:09 AM   #6
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh

And F.Y.I: "Rap" is not a band. It's a verb. There's a lot of good hip-hop out there, outside the charts.
This kick in the Nards was brought to you by Pitseleh..

Helping improve the quality of the water in the gene pool, one N00b at a time..

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 11:22 AM   #7
pitseleh

Oh, you're just too sweet beautiful... *smooch*

I try, I try.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:36 AM   #8
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh
Oh, you're just too sweet beautiful... *smooch*

I try, I try.
I'm going to keep that smooch in my pocket for later..

Just in case..

It might make the difference between Self-Immolation and Fire Bombing..

Thanks though Hawtie..

I am trying to dig up your email as we speak, so check it in a bit..
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 08:25 PM   #9
Shemjazza

I Will, Likely as not offend s ome here, but I Nominate Cradle of filth.
*Cringes and waits for the blows*
Shemjazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 06:10 AM   #10
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemjazza
I Will, Likely as not offend s ome here, but I Nominate Cradle of filth.
*Cringes and waits for the blows*
As a fan of Cradle of Filth, I will say that your opinion is very valid. A lot of people are going to agree with you.

Old 10-08-2005, 11:07 PM   #11
Shemjazza

my opinion on this rises not from an opinion that they are talentless (i would be lying if I said they were) but from the fact that they have taken something new, interesting, good and truely innovative (ie Black Metal) and bastardised it with pretty much every cliche in the book, allong with the very one of the very things that the Black Metal Movement veheomently opposes, Style over substance both lyricly (do not tell me they're deep, he just uses a thesaurus) and visualy (ie 'Trend').
Old 10-08-2005, 11:14 PM   #12
LeStAT

Icp

RAP SUCKS !!!! but i must be like lost or somthing cause i dont mind icp , slipknot craddle of filth , creed , linking park, guns and roses and hoberstank !!! i thought someone better defend them ? there sorta getting trashed !
LeStAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 11:38 PM   #13
Demonista_Ravenesque

Rap does not suck....check out my thread that's all about Rap.

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 12:21 AM   #14
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeStAT
RAP SUCKS !!!! but i must be like lost or somthing cause i dont mind icp , slipknot craddle of filth , creed , linking park, guns and roses and hoberstank !!! i thought someone better defend them ? there sorta getting trashed !
Yes, because all true fans of Linkin Park are incapable of spelling it properly. Fit to form, eh? Slipknot has diminished lyrics that adhere to a stereotype. Cradle of Filth, though the lyrics are written poetically enough, tends toward a stereotype and has been slowing down drastically with creative regard. Creed is popularly characterized as a Christian based band, and will of course receive flak for this.

ICP is pure unbridled crap. I swear to god. Not a single word of a lie. With shitty lyrics, shitty music and an image fit to the precedent set by the other two, they are perhaps the worst band I've ever been exposed to. Slipknot runs a close second due to needing 9 members in order to sound that marginal.

Yes, this is an opinion based thread, but if anyone has a capacity for musical content as well as literature, they will tend to be a lot more picky with regard to the kind of music they listen to. I am in the unfortunate position of being musically inclined, a vocalist as well as a song writer. Nice of you to support bands, but better of you if you can support your defences rather than allowing them to sit there unarmed.

Old 10-09-2005, 05:06 AM   #15
pitseleh

Quote:

Old 10-09-2005, 05:25 AM   #16
LeStAT

hEY thats not cool , hmmm individuality ever heard of it , strange concept ! u dont seem all that open minded :-p nothings really bad some things are just better then others , and i have crap taste fair enough but i wasnt going to let all those bands be slogged and not at least stand up for what i listen to !!!
LeStAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 09:08 AM   #17
Disfunction

Quote:
hEY thats not cool , hmmm individuality ever heard of it , strange concept ! u dont seem all that open minded :-p nothings really bad some things are just better then others , and i have crap taste fair enough but i wasnt going to let all those bands be slogged and not at least stand up for what i listen to !!!
You didn't stand up for it. You said "Hey, I listen to those! They aren't bad!"

Why aren't they bad?

I gave you ample reasons for why Slipknot and ICP are bad. So yes, there is such a thing as bad music, and an open mind is what we all had when we first listened to that crap music.

Old 10-09-2005, 09:12 AM   #18
Disfunction

Also, everyone is an "individual" a little, unique snowflake, but we're all unique, little snowflakes, trying to be unique, little snowflakes, and in the process of striving to be a unique, little snowflake, we melt into a puddle of other formerly unique, little snowflakes who have unwittingly stumbled into the particularly unfortunate situation of not being unique at all.

Juggalos and Juggalettes: ICP's "unique" and "individualistic" fan base.
People with collectively shitty taste in music: A major portion of Slipknot's fan base.

There's a difference between me not liking music, and me thinking it's crap. Me not liking rap is me having a distaste for a particular genre. My distaste of Slipknot and ICP is me liking a particular genre and finding two particular bands within a more general genre to be subpar, ie bad.

Old 10-09-2005, 10:45 AM   #19
pitseleh

Quote:
...nothing's really bad, some things are just better than others...
I corrected that sentence, so I wouldn't feel so dirty for answering it.

What you're saying there... it totally negates the whole concept of taste. In order for there to be a thing such as taste, there must necessarily exist 'good' and 'bad' taste. And if those to concepts exist, there must also be people of sufficient knowledge to arbitrate in these matters. Who can say: "This tastes bad, and here are the reasons for it." I won't get into why ICP and CoF suck, as Disfunction and Shemjazza already did that so eloquently. But I will say a little something about taste.

Now don't confuse the musical kind with the signals that the buds on your tongue sends to your 'brain' when you put something in your mouth. But we can use that as an analogy for now.

Say you have a person (you?) that has only ever eaten canned food in his life. This person thinks something like: "This is food. It fills my belly, it comes in a glossy little can with a colorful label on that looks neat and tells me what it is. I can always count on it to taste the same, no surprises. It's produced by a large corporation, so I can basically find it in any store. Convenient."

Then this person is introduced to someone (me?) that has eaten a lot of different courses, in various restaurants in various corners of the world. Who maybe even knows how to cook quite well. He's tasted many processed foodstuffs in the past, but after discovering real culinary delights, decided those meals were sorely lacking in originality and nutritional value. This person then presents the canned-food-person with a delicious meal, made with fresh ingredients, maybe fish, quality vegetables and interestingly juxtaposed, yet well-balanced taste-elements. The canned-food-person frowns: "This doesn't look at all like the canned spaghetti I usually eat. Are those vegetables? Isn't that like, healthy?" He takes a bite. "Yeech! This tastes weird! There are too many different tastes. It's confusing. No, give me the can instead."

See how someone can turn down a perfectly good and healthy meal just because they're not used to it? Now this person is just gonna keep on eating canned food for the rest of his life, until he wastes away from malnourishment. All because he couldn't see the point in broadening his tastes. Because he'd rather just gobble up what was served to him by the food-corporations instead of trusting the judgement of a connoisseur.

Sad, is what it is. A terrible fate, unfortunately all too common.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:49 AM   #20
Disfunction

Wonderfully crafted analogy, pitseleh.

Old 10-09-2005, 10:54 AM   #21
pitseleh

Thank you. Writing it made me hungry, though.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:05 AM   #22
darkest_place666

there all so bad and u can only pick 1
darkest_place666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 03:25 PM   #23
Shemjazza

Gawd Demmit! i was trying to seed open discussion about CoF and this pathetic, sniveling little bastard has to go and wreck everything! a pox on thee! Grrrr and et cetera!
Old 10-19-2005, 11:23 PM   #24
rockandrose

GUNS 'N' ROSES ROCK!!!

Old 10-20-2005, 01:14 AM   #25
gingerbreadwench

Hmm, why hasn't anyone mentioned Coheed & Cambria? They suck major nard.

Linkin Park, well... they would be okay if EVERY FUCKING ONE OF THEIR SONGS DIDN'T SOUND EXACTLY THE FUCKING SAME. This is actually the same complaint that I've had for years about Barenaked Ladies. Can't we all just agree people like Good Charlotte and Clay Aiken are complete fucking jokes and move on with our lives?

But then again... I think we need people like Good Charlotte and Simple Plan as sort of 'starters' for kids who eventually may develop good taste in music.

Anyway, my vote goes for Coheed & Cambria.