Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:37 PM   #1
Noirmoth

New colour wardrobe?

I love Black.
(like every other goth kid...hahaha..)
Though, sometimes...I wanna change a bit. Right now, I dont want to wear just black..I wanna try Purple!Maybe Blue.

I was warned before about overspending on things that people say are poorply made and overpriced.. ( like Tripp. See earlier threads...that and im afraid of being judged cause i wear a brand that is widely know...lol)
Though i might try some new clothing bits like Fishermen pants or something.
I could try and make something..though i do my sewing by hand so..it might be long...

Any suggestions?
Noirmoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:34 PM   #2
asassjee

I think black is easy to wear the clothes and choose the suitable custom. Yaaa
Old 11-16-2009, 10:38 PM   #3
Noirmoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by asassjee View Post
I think black is easy to wear the clothes and choose the suitable custom. Yaaa

Also, as much as i love tennis...i have no fucking clue what tennis has to do with fashion.

That, and its too easy to just wear black...I wanna try something diffrent..and purples kinda diffrent.

Im now thinking about just getting purple tripp pants, just to piss off some people...and relax me, cause I CANT FIND ANY GOD DAMN PURPLE PANTS!

Unless i find something i can mash away with...
Old 11-16-2009, 10:49 PM   #4
Krick Wurkheiser

I just wear black because, it's easy, always looks good, and you don't have to worry about coordination, except with other shades of black lol...

Plus, I just like it.
Krick Wurkheiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:52 PM   #5
carakitty

ROFL, Noirmoth- The whole sig is a link to their business site. People who come here and post trolling for business don't post intros! Plus the post itself didn't make any sense at all!

Wish I could think of some good advice for you on this, but I'm close to falling asleep at the desk right now.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:55 PM   #6
Noirmoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by carakitty View Post
ROFL, Noirmoth- The whole sig is a link to their business site. People who come here and post trolling for business don't post intros! Plus the post itself didn't make any sense at all!

Wish I could think of some good advice for you on this, but I'm close to falling asleep at the desk right now.

Oooh.
Well, colour me stupid. I guess it is a bit late.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:53 AM   #7
Ophelia's Snorkel

Since you have a particular style you prefer, the best advice I can give you is to buy something inexpensive at a thrift shop, then use whatever DIY skills you have to make it yours. You'll get the colour and basic shape you desire, you'll get great experience in customising your clothes, and if things don't work out (if you're like I am, sometimes you think you want to go on a purple kick, but after a day or so you know you really want to snuggle into the dark comfort of black again) or the clothes don't turn out quite as awesome as you'd hoped, you're barely out any money at all.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:31 AM   #8
blindNsect

Any color can be incorporated into a Gothic wardrobe. Just find the appropriate style and fabric..
blindNsect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:43 PM   #9
Joker_in_the_Pack

If you're looking for colorful clothing, check out Target. I just bought a pair of green pants for cheap.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:15 PM   #10
slim frame

when i'm going for colors, i usually pick something that compliments my skin tone/hair color. purple is always a good choice (in my opinion), but i suppose it really depends on the look you're going for. i generally choose red or purple, but i don't see blues and greens so well so that's that...

as far as lovely places to find clothing, i'm a complete goodwill fiend. i go to the outlet (bins and bins of clothing for dirt cheap!) and snag clothing made of fabrics that catch my eye. from there, i modify things to fit my taste or (if i'm really lucky) i can just add a few patches or accents and wear it as is! i found a really lovely red and party dress at a goodwill outlet a few years back and was able to transform it into a gorgeous and elegant piece with a little black velvet and some nifty skull buttons. sold it for a pretty penny too!

but yeah...i love to find garments to salvage for fabrics and turn them into awesome and unique outfits *sigh*
slim frame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:45 AM   #11
KissMeDeadly

Ok, I'm going to put my neck out here, but....

I like Tripp.

I own four pairs currently, and though I don't plan on buying more, they're actually really nice as long as you order them or find them some other place than hottopic.

For example, I went to hottopic to get a new pair a while back, and they were around $70. That is far too expensive for a pair of cheap pants, I got three of mine from a small business near my block, for thirty each. Still a little pricey for somebody with thrift store standards, but still not outrageous. The fourth I got at the actual thrift store for five.

They do tend to rip after a few months of every day wear, but they're the easiest pants in the world to mend yourself, as long as you can sew a basic seam, you shouldn't have any problem at all with them.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:29 PM   #12
ladycraven

Ha!

yay how funn lol!! ^_^
ladycraven is offline   Reply With Quote