Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-10-2011, 04:25 AM   #1
All Shall Be Judged

The Exportation of Awesome

Long time no speak - hope everybody's doing good. I don't know if anyone I knew during my time is still around, but trolling for bedspace necessitates a level of shamelessness which remains WELL within my comfort zone.

I'm thinking about doing some travelling at some point next year (possibly around autumn time), and a sweep the east coast USA is on my list. If anyone feels like offering a party pad or just a place to crash, hit me up. Having realised I now have only 3 years until turning 30, I pronounce this phase in my life the Age of Partying Down.

I will, it goes with saying, bring Awesome. ;p
All Shall Be Judged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:08 AM   #2
Still Jack

I would oblige, but I live in Sheffield. And considering you live in the UK, it doesn't really constitute travelling. It's more of a weekend trip.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:12 AM   #3
All Shall Be Judged

Never mind, Jack. Let me know if you ever find yourself down south. I'm sure destiny intends bringing us together at some point - after all, we have the exact same hair.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:43 AM   #4
JCC

I'm going to uni next year Judge, not to a shithole like Essex obviously but I'm going to London and I plan to visit Essex when I'm there for the slags and that basically, might see you around.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:53 AM   #5
All Shall Be Judged

Well shit son, way to pick your moments - I'm aiming to be living in Brighton by then. I finished the PhD (yep, it's Dr. Judge now), and have no intention of hanging around this chav-ridden pit until there's no hope in hell of losing this accent. But yeah, again, let me know when you're south-bound and I can legally get you public crying-level drunk.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #6
Still Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Shall Be Judged View Post
Never mind, Jack. Let me know if you ever find yourself down south. I'm sure destiny intends bringing us together at some point - after all, we have the exact same hair.
I shall. I'm pretty sure destiny also intends to get us unbelievably shitfaced.
Also, congrats on PhD.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:19 PM   #7
JCC

How do I let you know when you always disappear into the ether, asshole?
Old 08-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #8
Solumina

If I'm still in Virginia I'd be more than happy to offer you the couch and show you some of the better things the area has to offer. Just know that there is a chance I may have moved to Cali by the time you are traveling so it kind of depends on what happens with that.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:42 PM   #9
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
If I'm still in Virginia I'd be more than happy to offer you the couch and show you some of the better things the area has to offer. Just know that there is a chance I may have moved to Cali by the time you are traveling so it kind of depends on what happens with that.
Oooh, where in Cali? Probably going there in February.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:58 AM   #10
Apathy's_Child

While my first instinct is to demand on pain of being wailed on with various implements that you come party down in Jersey, that would just be cruel. But I'm assuming you'll be doing NY, so let me hit up some friends and fix up a party pad. Don't worry, they're as cool as me. You might even get to meet and declare your eternal hatred for my girlfriend if you promise to play it civil.

Assuming this happens, it will be fucking awesome. Haul ass and keep me posted on your arrangements.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:39 PM   #11
Solumina

Saya I'll be (hopefully) be going to Monterey, but I don't think it will be quite that early in the year. It all depends on the Navy.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:16 PM   #12
Saya

Oh thats not far from San Francisco! A lot farther from where I'll be though, more like a seven hour drive. Oh well.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:29 AM   #13
All Shall Be Judged

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
How do I let you know when you always disappear into the ether, asshole?
You've got my email - I don't use MSN often what with Facebook, but I log in sometimes to talk to online people if there's something to discuss.

My time's valuable, sweetness. Make an appointment.

Thanks for the offer, Solumina - I'll drop you a PM when I know more about destinations and timescale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
While my first instinct is to demand on pain of being wailed on with various implements that you come party down in Jersey, that would just be cruel. But I'm assuming you'll be doing NY, so let me hit up some friends and fix up a party pad. Don't worry, they're as cool as me. You might even get to meet and declare your eternal hatred for my girlfriend if you promise to play it civil.
I MAKE NO SUCH PROMISE. Bitch better watch her back.

I was actually going to ask you about that, since I know you're not much with the representing when it comes to your home town. But yeah, for sure - if I do make it to the US, NY will definitely be on my list.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:43 AM   #14
Vince

i'm only a couple years into the Age of Partying Down which accounts for the fact that there are large portions of 2009 and 2010 that i actually don't remember. Which is unfortunate because i spent far too much money to not remember what the fuck i did.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:51 AM   #15
All Shall Be Judged

That's a problem that taking photographs can fix. However, after having my memory of a blackout night jogged by photographic evidence a few years ago, I concluded that Freud was full of shit - sometimes, the mind must protect you from yourself, for your own good. I've spent years wishing I could unsee the images that haunt my dreams. Take my advice: let it lie.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:55 AM   #16
Grausamkeit

I agree with that last statement. Just be glad you don't remember rather than having the nagging thought of 'did I really fucking do that? HOLY SHIT!' running through your brain.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:01 AM   #17
Vince

There are pictures...heaps of them. While they don't jog my memory of each night's sordid little HBO special, they do offer me a small glimpse of "did i really fucking do that??"

Luckily for me i made an arrangement with the person who took them. The worst ones have been deleted. Hopefully. Maybe....fucking facebook.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:03 AM   #18
All Shall Be Judged

Facebook is the devil for that. Should you chance to wake up with a feeling of nausea commingled with vague self-loathing, it's far better NOT to think about the why's and the wherefore's. Friends don't let friends remember that shit. If they're truly benevolent, they will join you in an act of collective repression.

And in return, if a friend ever calls YOU the morning after asking, "Mate, did I really - ", you don't let them finish that sentence. You cut them off with "NOPE, so, want to go out and get some eggs?" Because that's what friends do. (Also, there's a good chance you're feeling pretty queasy yourself, and you may not keep said eggs down if you let them open the floodgates of memory for you.)
Old 08-13-2011, 10:07 AM   #19
Still Jack

Last time I had one of those "What on earth happened last night?" moments I remember loosing everybody very early on and then there's a blank. I woke up the next morning in a bunker at Abbeydale golf club with a bottle of wine, a traffic cone with a face drawn on it and a horrendous hang over. I still don't have a fucking clue what went down that night.
Very useful tip: Gps tracker in your phone. If you lose shit like wallets, friends, shoes etc. It can be very very handy indeed.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #20
JCC

Hey shit I just realised Judge, you never spoke to me while I was all heartbroke and drinking all the time and shit. I could've done with your support you know.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:40 AM   #21
All Shall Be Judged

Aw, sorry sweetie, I wasn't aware. Was this about the girlfriend? I think the last time we talked properly, you'd just broken up with her but seemed to be coming out the other end. (In my defence, you may or may not remember I was bang in the middle of a health scare at that time - the door swings both ways, bitch. ;p )

That was months ago now, so I'm assuming you're all sobered up and on the level again, but you know you can always email if you need the perspective of awesome. Like I said, I don't really use MSN unless I need to talk to someone I know from online, but you know where to find me if you need a shoulder to snivel on. Seriously. I won't even take the piss. I can be a fucking nice person if I REALLY have to.

Anyway, let me know when your slag-hunt brings you to Essex. I might even show you some of the nice fields and woods that, for some reason, seem to remain well-kept secrets of the county.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #22
JCC

Quote:
Aw, sorry sweetie, I wasn't aware. Was this about the girlfriend? I think the last time we talked properly, you'd just broken up with her but seemed to be coming out the other end. (In my defence, you may or may not remember I was bang in the middle of a health scare at that time - the door swings both ways, bitch. ;p )

That was months ago now, so I'm assuming you're all sobered up and on the level again, but you know you can always email if you need the perspective of awesome. Like I said, I don't really use MSN unless I need to talk to someone I know from online, but you know where to find me if you need a shoulder to snivel on. Seriously. I won't even take the piss. I can be a fucking nice person if I REALLY have to.

Anyway, let me know when your slag-hunt brings you to Essex. I might even show you some of the nice fields and woods that, for some reason, seem to remain well-kept secrets of the county.
Yeah, it's all good now, I had delusions of becoming a Bukowski-level drinker but I just didn't have the money to sustain that hobby. I'll email you next time though. Otherwise I'll have to settle for having Apathy as my shoulder to cry on again.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:41 AM   #23
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
I MAKE NO SUCH PROMISE. Bitch better watch her back.

I was actually going to ask you about that, since I know you're not much with the representing when it comes to your home town. But yeah, for sure - if I do make it to the US, NY will definitely be on my list.
Fuck you and your new "if". I consider your original post a binding contract. I didn't try to guilt you into hitting Jersey with my famously lethal puppy eyes, and THIS is the thanks I get? I will sue you, asshole. I'll sue you in England.

Quote:
Yeah, it's all good now, I had delusions of becoming a Bukowski-level drinker but I just didn't have the money to sustain that hobby. I'll email you next time though. Otherwise I'll have to settle for having Apathy as my shoulder to cry on again.
Hey, I was fucking SAPPY nice, you ungrateful bitch.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:18 AM   #24
All Shall Be Judged

Quote:
Jesus. I'm so sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
Fuck you and your new "if". I consider your original post a binding contract. I didn't try to guilt you into hitting Jersey with my famously lethal puppy eyes, and THIS is the thanks I get? I will sue you, asshole. I'll sue you in England.
Now, now, be nice. I'm still considering south east Asia, you know. *ducks*
Old 08-25-2011, 03:29 AM   #25
JCC

It's okay, Apathy was a good listener to my whinging and teenage bullshit.