Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 06-22-2012, 05:19 AM   #51
Versus

Dude at work said that he kicked the shit out of a girl for snow balling him once, and everybody around him high-fives.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:46 AM   #52
Murder.Of.Crows

Excuse me as I rage a bit.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:47 AM   #53
Solumina

What the hell? How does that even approach something that deserves a violent response?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:53 AM   #54
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
What the hell? How does that even approach something that deserves a violent response?
Homophobia and sexism rolled into one. POW! Right in the kisser!

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #55
Grausamkeit

Snowballing?

*blinks*

I'm not hip to the youth slang these days.

Lazy fuckers who, rather than get a job, will sit on their asses and let their rent go and water get turned off so their kids can't take baths or have clean clothes.... But they sure as fuck don't miss a night of World of Warcraft with their precious motherfucking guild!!!

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:02 AM   #56
Murder.Of.Crows

Don't worry Graussy, I had to google it.

Yeah, some people really worry me with their priorities. Especially ones with kids.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #57
Sinjob

It's so hard to shave my balls without leaving a few skanky hairs in that mess. I just wish it could all go away! Jesus it pisses me off so much!
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #58
The Passage

When someone looks me straight in the eye and gives me a firm handshake. Fucking hate that. I tend to squeeze their hand as hard as I can and make a huge scene.

Rarely does that actually leave the confines of my own thoughts, though, as it manifests in physical reality as an instant frown and tears saved for later when I bury my face into my pillow out of some misguided and fail suicide attempt.

The Passage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #59
The Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
When people feel the need to point out that someone's fat. Stop being rude fuckers.
Also, I did this the other day when I was with a few friends during pride weekend. I mentioned that my brother was a little... overweight and that I've been trying to get him to lose some weight. Was REALLY embarrassing because everyone kind of stared at me for a couple moments and then changed the subject.

That was far from my intention, though. I don't think people realize that I don't give a shit what their weight is.. but when it's my brother? I want him to be the cutest person on the planet. And that's not going to happen when he stress eats every night. You know, rarely do people realize that *I* used to be fat and that I'm trying to take preventative actions so my family doesn't end up the same way. I lost that weight to anorexia, though, so maybe I'm not the best instructor... >.>
Old 06-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #60
Saya

No offense at all meant, but if you had an eating disorder, you're probably not the best person to instruct people OR point out their flaws, you know?

I had an anorexic friend who made fun of my belly when I was underweight.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #61
The Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
No offense at all meant, but if you had an eating disorder, you're probably not the best person to instruct people OR point out their flaws, you know?

I had an anorexic friend who made fun of my belly when I was underweight.
No offense taken, because I know exactly what you mean. HOWEVER, the difference is that I wasn't making *fun* of him. I'm just trying to help and in that instance I was trying to make conversation. But it was stupid anyway... that was one of those moments where it's *ok* to not say anything lol. XD

Yeah, I realize it was really fucking shitty of me to say in the first place. Or to even attempt to help him, coming from a person with some serious problems. Maybe it just reminds me of myself...

Okay, from now on I'm never ever going to bring it up again. I'll just let things manifest itself. >.>
Old 06-27-2012, 02:37 AM   #62
CuckooTuli

Facebook debate-turned-knock-down drag-out argument with a friend, who was effectively telling me that I should tone down my "militance" in pointing out privilege, -isms etc., and telling me that EVEN HE (despite apparently being the still point of the turning world) thought racism, sexism etc. were things of the past until recent years. He also told me that if I had spoken to his former self the way I was speaking to his new Zen, Obi Wan Kefuckingnobi self, he would have argued and resisted my message on principle. He didn't take it too well when I suggested that if he is unwilling to listen to truth purely on the basis that the one delivering it is unwilling to lick his balls, this is a character flaw of his that only serves to highlight the very straight white able-bodied male privilege we're TALKING about.

This is also a guy who makes pompous statuses about how "the problem with both atheists AND the religious is..." followed by some variant of "atheists should stop being mean to Xtians and we should all just get along" (he's an atheist himself, but thinks he's above the "militant" and "reductive" ones). He'd also like to see feminism rebranded as "humanism", to make sure it doesn't ignore men's rights.

Fucking liberals.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:56 AM   #63
Murder.Of.Crows

I had the same issue last night with my best friend over Aim. Though I was able to convince him of racial privilege. He completely shot me down on everything I had on sex privilege.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:08 AM   #64
CuckooTuli

Soooo frustrating, right? I find it's worst to see from people who are actually decent human beings with no overt prejudices, but who just have absolutely no concept of their own privilege, and are unprepared to even consider the possibility that it impacts the way they see the world.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
Old 06-27-2012, 06:22 AM   #65
Versus

That awkward moment when you have to sit your friends down for "the talk," eh? I hate that.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:53 AM   #66
ape descendant

"I don't see why the gays have to make such a big deal about coming out about their sexuality, I mean, I'm straight and I never had to do that."

"Hey, we don't have a white history month/straight pride/etc, so no one else should get their stuff either."

"Calm down, little lady, you're worked up over nothing"

The terms "he-she" and "it" along with other slurs and dehumanizing language.

RAAAAAAAAAAAGE

This is good, but we still need MORE ANGER!!

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:13 AM   #67
Timeless Rebellion

HULK SMASH!! In caps please.
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:22 AM   #68
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
That awkward moment when you have to sit your friends down for "the talk," eh? I hate that.
Honestly, there was little talk; it devolved pretty quickly into an exchange of accusations. Turns out that putting "All due respect" at the beginning of your post doesn't really take the sting out of "Everything you just said is overprivileged egocentric shite"... who knew.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:30 AM   #69
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
"I don't see why the gays have to make such a big deal about coming out about their sexuality, I mean, I'm straight and I never had to do that."

"Hey, we don't have a white history month/straight pride/etc, so no one else should get their stuff either."

"Calm down, little lady, you're worked up over nothing"

The terms "he-she" and "it" along with other slurs and dehumanizing language.

RAAAAAAAAAAAGE

This is good, but we still need MORE ANGER!!
Oh, the white history month thing is easy to debunk, lets forget for an instance that all our history classes focus on whitey, because there ARE months like German Heritage Month, Italian Heritage Month, Irish-American Heritage Month, Greek-American Month, etc. We get more than anyone else!
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #70
ape descendant

Yeah, but it still gets old and makes me want to shoot lasers from my eyes and spit acid-venom from my mouth. Especially when it happens at a family gathering, I call them on it, then regardless of my tone of voice it's "Awe Apey calm down, you're worked up over nothing!!"

NOTHING? Having a bunch of racist assholes for family is NOTHING?!?! GJYAAAAH!

Don't even get me started on calling peeps out on sexism. Seriously, if the sexes were equal "girly" wouldn't be an insult.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #71
MissCheyenne

'Why do you have a disabled person's bus pass? You don't LOOK disabled'

Fuck you cocksucker, I have a debilitating nerve problem which causes me extreme pain every single minute of every single day. Also, how do you LOOK disabled? Is your questioning because I don't have an obvious symbol like a wheelchair or a limp? Fuck you dickbag, I don't have to explain to every jumped up interfering shit for brains why I have something I'm entitled to.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #72
AshleyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
Facebook debate-turned-knock-down drag-out argument with a friend, who was effectively telling me that I should tone down my "militance" in pointing out privilege, -isms etc., and telling me that EVEN HE (despite apparently being the still point of the turning world) thought racism, sexism etc. were things of the past until recent years. He also told me that if I had spoken to his former self the way I was speaking to his new Zen, Obi Wan Kefuckingnobi self, he would have argued and resisted my message on principle. He didn't take it too well when I suggested that if he is unwilling to listen to truth purely on the basis that the one delivering it is unwilling to lick his balls, this is a character flaw of his that only serves to highlight the very straight white able-bodied male privilege we're TALKING about.

This is also a guy who makes pompous statuses about how "the problem with both atheists AND the religious is..." followed by some variant of "atheists should stop being mean to Xtians and we should all just get along" (he's an atheist himself, but thinks he's above the "militant" and "reductive" ones). He'd also like to see feminism rebranded as "humanism", to make sure it doesn't ignore men's rights.

Fucking liberals.

Fuck your friend. I'd spit in his fucking eye. Maybe he doesn't know this, but some of us SURVIVED religion. We have every good fucking reason to be pissed.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #73
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
Fuck your friend. I'd spit in his fucking eye. Maybe he doesn't know this, but some of us SURVIVED religion. We have every good fucking reason to be pissed.
A part of me would actually love to bring him in here to talk to people like you guys and maybe realise that it isn't all suburbia and ex-Cambridge graduates playing devil's advocate (oh yeah, he went to one of the best unis in the world - that's how endemic this utter shite is). However, I guess "friend" was too strong a word, given that he has now removed himself from my friend list. The only reason this bothers me is that I hate the thought of him spouting off that smug shit without anyone coming along and pissing on his bonfire. (Yes, I am that sad, this genuinely bothers me.)
Old 06-28-2012, 12:08 AM   #74
Versus

That sucks. :/

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:32 AM   #75
CuckooTuli

It does. In other news though, the door swings both ways; spent the rest of yesterday having a similarly knock-down drag-out argument with another acquaintance about feminism, which seems to have gone completely the other day - he's now gone from denying the need for it and bemoaning its "oppression" of men (yes, seriously) and "female supremacy", to admitting that actually, our argument has made him realise he doesn't really know anything about modern movements and that the kind of people he had pegged as representative are actually kind of a joke even among feminists. Also managed to point out the ways in which feminism and men's rights are ultimately on the same side when done right. After a protracted and initially pretty heated argument, he's basically done a total climb-down and been like "Huh, looks like I'm full of shit - fill me in?"

I like to think this proves that self-righteousness isn't always pointless. It's either that, or I should probably do some work. Definitely one of the two.