Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 09-18-2005, 09:23 PM   #1
Black Gestalt

The Crow

Cheers to a brilliant movie. Loved every moment of it. And RIP Brandon Lee.
Black Gestalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:07 AM   #2
edible_eye

Old 09-24-2005, 07:08 PM   #3
dreamydancer

It was a nice movie, as great as the comic books. I won't say it's my favorite like the idiots who've never seen it. But like the goth cliché I hate it when people put on their make-up like the Crow or Manson. Some things only belong in movies others in real life.

~Clan of Xymox
dreamydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 09:59 PM   #4
NoneSuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamydancer
It was a nice movie, as great as the comic books. I won't say it's my favorite like the idiots who've never seen it. But like the goth cliché I hate it when people put on their make-up like the Crow or Manson. Some things only belong in movies others in real life.
Some people can pull it off without looking like idiots but there few in number (=

I honestly cant stand the full white face makeup etc.
NoneSuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 10:48 AM   #5
Spooky_Gurl

YES YES YES!!! FUCKIN AWESOME MOVIE....all three of them!!! My favorite one is the newest one...with Eric Mabius and Kirstun Dunst. YOU FUCKIN ROCK MAN!!! I feel bad for the guy who got shot on set. Sooooo sad . RIP Brandon Lee...
Spooky_Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:27 PM   #6
Jane13

I really liked the first one... not so much after that. I'm sure the comic book is pretty cool, and as soon as I have money (ha, I say it like it's going to happen) I'm going to check into getting some of them. I think it's just a really cool story... I wish there were more cool cops like the guy in the first one. I know they do a big job and everything, but in this town all they seem to do is try to bust kids poking smot.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 09:55 PM   #7
tiffany_the_writer

In my learners license picture you can just make out the words "The Crow" in red printed across my chest. And yes I love the movie. First I rented it at the library, then I bought it when we were going through Provo, Utah. The others wanted to get food and I went to a movie store instead. Nice place is Provo, very green.
tiffany_the_writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 09:59 PM   #8
winged_dreams

I thought it was an alright movie. It kept my interest but I'm not too horribly impressed by it. Sorry. -_-*

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 05:42 AM   #9
Kali Maxwell

I loved the book with a passion; most people shy from violence and corruption and senseless murders; they try to make pretty stories about tomb raiding sex kittens so the readers can be entertained without waking them from the daze they're already in regarding those matters. O'Barr pretty much did whatever he felt and the art reflects it. It's full of emotion and skill and is impossible to stop looking at. He rubs the readers' faces in what he feels is reality. It's honest.

The movie? One of my favourites, without a doubt. It had coreography by the son of Bruce Lee, a mournful, castle-like setting, and the acting is damn good. It also has some of the best movie quips around. The one problem I had with it was that they changed the circumstances under which Eric and Shelly met their doom too much. The movie states that Shelly attracted attention to herself and made herself into a target. In the books, they were both killed on a whim. There was no purpose, no motivation.

The makeup? Yeah, done to death, but other people's makeup is their business.
Kali Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 06:24 AM   #10
Demonista_Ravenesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye

LOL, ok, that made me laugh out loud...But um, The Crow is actually heaps good...but I have to agree with Kali Maxwell about the make up.

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 08:52 PM   #11
Shemjazza

Very good point about the deaths, Kali. I never realised what was pissing me off so much about that film. I was very hapy with the transition of the lyrical nature of the dialogue to the screen. I just hate the younglings who can't get over it and yet do not know who James O'Barr is.
Shemjazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 10:37 PM   #12
polished_wolf_claws

Good film, bad after shock.... far too many spooky Kids running around cawing and Quoting it to no end.....*+Bang! I'm Fuckin Dead!+* Thats prolly why I rarely ever watch it....

"Teh Lordz Satan Protektz me frm ebil in mah PANTS!!!!!11111"
polished_wolf_claws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 12:46 PM   #13
flawed-mentality

howdy ,awsome movie I have yet to see the forth movie ,but I fear it sucks . edweard ferlong dosent seem to be the right guy for wicked prayer.then again I havent seen it so im no one to judge.how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, depends on the toon
flawed-mentality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 06:16 PM   #14
SicGoth

Loved that movie and always will but have many other favorites but the crow is awesome and is one of my favorites
SicGoth is offline   Reply With Quote