Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 06-20-2007, 12:54 PM   #1
Godslayer Jillian

Your summer.

Shyantra made a very cool yet simple question:

How is your summer?

Mine's alright, but very boring. Last week I went to Orientation at my university, so now I'm officially in college, and even have my classes set.
Aside from that week, on weekdays I just wake up and bore myself until I go to the gym (which is going well)
On weekends I go out with my friends, but (don't judge me) it's getting boring.
I'm always trying to invite a friend of mine to go out with me, but she never can.
And then there's this pretty girl (friend's cousin) I want to meet, but she's leaving town for a month. It's all cool, though; I'm going to work out extra hard to be even hotter for when she meets me.

Enough about me.

How is your summer?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:06 PM   #2
Shyantra

I never thought you would make a thread about it Jillian, but sounds like you can't wait to get to the university.

My summer thus far:
Mostly working at my job, which sucks. I set up the meetings at the hospital and if things are correctly set-up, the one who orders it gets the credit. Although, if something wasn't ordered and they wanted it, I get my ass chewed, which is most of the time. So needless to say, I am so waiting for my transfew to kick in.

School just got over this last Friday. I loved my classes! I, like Jillian, have classes signed up for next year. And I am transferring over to Oregon State University (Go bevers!) next year, which is awesome!!!

My friends and I go clubbing almost every weekend, and as it turns out we stay out till about 4 in the morning even though I have to work that day. It too is getting boring, well not boring just dull.

AND... I am getting ready to get my trip to Malaysia underway, which will be happening sometime in August.

As for how many time I have been laid since school ended...

...you will never know.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:23 PM   #3
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I have not enjoyed my summer to its full extent, but hopefully it will brighten with the days. I've been helping out at a recreation program that my dojo does every summer, and the kids this year are more annoying than last year. But otherwise it's been okay. Nothing spectacular.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:37 PM   #4
Clockwork

It hasn't really begun yet... of late, I've just been recovering from the school year, and roleplaying. I'm organizing something grand that should last the whole summer, so I'm excited for that. Otherwise, this is the year that I get a summer job and take driving lessons, and I may enter a summer school for video game design up in Seattle. My dad's also been talking about coming up from California for a couple of weeks, so it'd be nice to see him. I hope I can find a way to balance this all.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:38 PM   #5
Shyantra

Oh CCT, come over here! I have a pool and go carts and motorbikes we can ride on! Not to mention that I could smuggle you to Malaysia with me. My friend still hasn't decided if they want to come or not and it is driving me bonkers! So I could totally use the company.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:04 PM   #6
Crying_Crimson_Tears

That sounds fun!!!! I would be delighted.

I must say though, I am jealous you have so many neat-o toys!!!!

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 06-20-2007, 02:28 PM   #7
honeythorn

My summer will undoubtedly be spent working in a boiling hot factory, slaving away making boxes for glassware. There is NO air conditioning, and the roof is covered with corrugated steel. Go figure. The upper echelons ( I:e Joan and Jim ) think that the solution to this , is to open the roller shutter doors. Not helpful in the slightest when there is ZERO breeze.

As for when I am not working, I will more than likely be slathering myself with factor 50+ , hiding under a large sunshade in the garden , and constructing more pendants from oven bake clay. I will go for walks in the countryside nearby just before sunset ,which is when I am less likely to be burnt to a crisp.

My friend Leeanne is having a themed pub crawl for her birthday. Her idea? She wants everyone to dress up as GOLFERS. Yes you read that correctly.

I have no clothes suitable for this endeavour. Still, I have known her for some time and she will not be remotely surprised to see me arrive dressed as per my usual going out standards.

My my what an exciting life I don't lead.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:40 PM   #8
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I would dress up as a Goth golfer. And totally stick out from the 'normal' looking people.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 06-20-2007, 02:44 PM   #9
honeythorn

Ahhh but what does goth golfer wear? I refuse to wear those diamond patterned socks. NO WAY.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:02 PM   #10
Extraordinary

Summer is not gothic enough for me so I am hibernating until fall.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:14 PM   #11
mindless1

hmmm, i doubt some people would care to know. But I'm having an ok summer. I'm getting my license next week. I'm going to apply for some colleges that I'm looking into...well whatever. Things I want to be doing: going to beauty school (don't laugh), learning to paint in oils and watercolors, trying to work with my camera-would love to be in film production either as a producer, screen-writer, or maybe even actress- but I'm not good at acting i dont think. Have lost touch with some people. Going to the beach. Some stupid festival...hmmm...
maybe i am goth.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:28 PM   #12
Extraordinary

I care.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:36 PM   #13
mindless1

yea you're really cool and although I don't know you, you happen to be the nicest person here on this forum.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:40 PM   #14
Tismine

...ha. THAT made me laugh.

My summer has been fine. Lots of reading and thunderstorms.
Joy.
Tismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:48 PM   #15
badteccy

I work a 30 hour week at an office, it's horrid. I sit in front of a computer all day doing the same thing over and over.
On the bright side the pay is ridiculously amazing and my favorite teacher starts working there next week...and I get Friday's off.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:16 PM   #16
Haunted House

Quote:
Originally Posted by badteccy
...and I get Friday's off.
To spend with me and Peeto at the diner, right?

My summer has been boring and a bit disapointing. The place I applied to was too busy to do my interview on the day THEY set for my interview. So I went back today and it turns out that they lost my application and asked me to fill out a new one. Screw that. I'll find a new place. Other than that (and when I'm not sleeping) I've been spending my time with badteccy and our friend Peter. That part is fun.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:27 PM   #17
Splintered

I don't have a summer yet.
School doesn't get out until next week.

I'm planning to work over the summer with my dad. Not too much work, but enough to bring in some cash.

Other then that, a hiking we will go.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:28 PM   #18
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
Ahhh but what does goth golfer wear? I refuse to wear those diamond patterned socks. NO WAY.
Oh but wouldn't that be oh-so-fun???

Probably not.

But if you would like I think there's a certain someone on the board we could flame all summer for entertainment.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 06-20-2007, 09:19 PM   #19
Cicero

My summer is currently mid-winter, but will begin as real summer next week when I go to Croatia. I'm going on a cruise with the family to the ancient city of Dubrovnik and checking out a few of the mediterreanean islands. Should be rather interesting.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:51 PM   #20
DeathChii

Gaah.. summer doesn't start 'til monday... I'll get back to you then x]
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:06 PM   #21
Alaizabel Cray

My summer.... shall be spent finishing my Algebra 2 coursework, and arguing with my boyfriend's parents to send him out here from England for a week or two instead of taking him to Portugal with them when he doesn't even want to go. I'll be babysitting for this one family all summer, they now love me because I got their kid to sleep in his own bed for the first time in his life and that's where he's slept ever since (he'd always cry and get up to roam the house until they'd let him sleep in their room). Oh, and I'm working on inventing yawn drops (like cough drops, except they stop those annoying yawning fits that sometimes come over you. I get them a lot).
Old 06-20-2007, 10:57 PM   #22
Heatherzilla

It's currently mid winter and freezing over here, I have my last 2 exams tomorrow and holidays start in a week. Life is pretty good. I plan to send my holidays finishing off my IT work (If I finish the certificate it still counts as an extra 10 points on my VCE even though I'm only year 10. Oh yea I'm awesome) and finishing off some sewing because my grandma is coming to visit and she can help me. It shall rock.
Heatherzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:35 AM   #23
Aaroneet

I'm going to be working as a camp counselor, hopefully for eight and nine year old girls. There's this one girl who I like to call my "Asian mini-me" because she reminds me so much of myself when I was younger. She and my other friend are the only things keeping me from leaving that camp, really. I mean, it served me well for four years, but it's honestly time to move on.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:38 AM   #24
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Nothing but work and paying bills. Maturity is such a freakin' drag sometimes. X( And maybe, if I stop procrastinating, start on my novel. Thank God for you guys, you all keep me sane.

Back to my novel: I have written enough short stories that I think it is time to try and write one. If it takes me one to three months to write my short stories, it will probably be until next year at the earliest before I complete it and submit it to a publishing house. Hope I live long enough to see it published.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:13 AM   #25
Aaroneet

Good luck, HumanePain. I hope it gets published.