Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 09-24-2007, 12:13 AM   #1
obscurite_beautee

Tattoos and Piercings stories...

Now I know everyone has a story to every tattoos and piercings...Maybe not everyone *only stupid ones don't*....How many piercings do you have? Tattoos? Why did you get it?

As for me...I got a Eye of Horus on my right ankle for my 17th birthday...I knew that being out in the real world was going to be a rough road, paved with rocky crystals with a few smooth gem stones here and there...I decided to get the Eye of Horus as a symbolism for protection.....

Now as for piercings....So far i got 3 which are septum, right ear industrial, and tongue...

The first one was tongue, I had gotten it for my 18th birthday....I wanted to feel the freedom I truly had so I went ahead and gotten it....

Second one was right ear industrial....I went through a bad situation after moving here in Nevada...I found that channeling my anger and stress through pain was the best thing for me...So I decided to get a right ear industrial since it was one of the most painful piercings *at least the top ten of painful piercings*....I felt all giggly and high due to the endorphins kicking in from excessive amount of pain....

Third one but not last one for that more are to come....Septum, my favorite piercing of all...Another bad situation came up, I was in a fist fighting with someone close to me...I was all pissed off and shit, walked straight to my piercist and told him I wanted a septum...It was a quick painless one I must admit, but it did make me feel whole again....

The reason why I enjoy piercings is its pain...My body is my temple....You know how those christians go to church to get baptized to have the renewal cleansing feeling? That is the exact same feeling I get through piercing...The piercing is my church....
obscurite_beautee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:41 PM   #2
Underwater Ophelia

You kind of seem like an ass.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:27 PM   #3
obscurite_beautee

I don't mean to...but oh well to each his or her own opinions...Nothing I can do about it unfortunately...I am who I am, very opinionated and honest...Proud...There isn't anything you nor I can do about it....
Old 09-24-2007, 07:34 PM   #4
Sanguine_Addiction

I have a few stories about my piercings.
Well I had veryover coents and I was dieing to get my labret pierced.
So one night when I was 16 I did it myself.
I know that alot of people would find that to be stupid,but I don't regret it at all.
I ended up being grounded for that whole summer and my parents even took away my room.
It was retarted.
Then for my 17th birthday my firned took me to get my eye brows pierced by someone he knew who was working on a piercing apprenticeship.
He was very professional.
I was so nervouse,but once he put the first bar in I asked for another.
It was the best birthday of my life.
I don't regret it at all. =)
Sanguine_Addiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:01 AM   #5
TopHaggardDoll

All my piercings are there just because they look good. It may seem shallow to you but I don't care.They're there because I feel more like myself when I have them.

My tattoo is there basically because Silence Of The Lambs and Hannibal are my favourite books and films...and yeah...I just like Hannibal Lecter. Just another extension of an obsession.

The only piercing with any magical significance to me is my septum piercing. A boyfriend I was with wouldn't let me get it done, as soon as I left him I got it done and it was excellent.

Even if you do just pick flash off of a wall or just get a piercing you think looks cool, it still says something about you and in some way reflects you. It doesn't need a story or a meaning.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:20 AM   #6
obscurite_beautee

Perhaps not....I guess I like the spiritual piercings, the meaning of it....but you are right...not all piercings needs a story or a meaning for everyone....Onlly I do...Only because I feel that way....I do not want to pierce myself for no reason, I like to have something symbolism behind it....
Old 09-25-2007, 08:06 PM   #7
kwaniesiam

I have one helix piercing, my left nostril, soon to be septum, and three in my lobes, 12g, 10g, and 6g. I plan to have my first lobe scalpelled into the second hole to fix wonky placement from having them gunned when I was little and to increase the size of the hole. My retired piercings are navel, eyebrow, rook, and tragus. I had to retire them because the first two were starting to reject, and my body does not like to heal cartilage very well.

My first tattoo has been planned for years, and I have already designed it. It's going to be a faerie on the back of my right shoulder, wearing a green dress with long red hair. Faeries symbolize an innocent feminine aura, and for a long time I had issues with gender identity so that has a special meaning to me.
kwaniesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:09 PM   #8
kwaniesiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
You kind of seem like an ass.
There's no need to be so rude to people without a real reason. They were just posting a thread on something that interests them.
kwaniesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:20 PM   #9
Saddiction

Is it really.... necessary.... to type like... this? The end of a sentence only requires one period, not four.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurite_beautee
Now I know everyone has a story to every tattoos and piercings...Maybe not everyone *only stupid ones don't*....
And only stupid ones make irrational generalizations (kinda like the one you just made).
Old 09-26-2007, 05:46 AM   #10
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
Perhaps not....I guess I like the spiritual piercings, the meaning of it....but you are right...not all piercings needs a story or a meaning for everyone....Onlly I do...Only because I feel that way....I do not want to pierce myself for no reason, I like to have something symbolism behind it....
Why!?

I don't pierce myself for no reason. My reason is that I find them to be attractive and they make me feel more like myself. I can guarantee that's why most people have piercings.

What if you liked a piercing and wanted it done!? Would you wait for symbolism or make one up!?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:39 AM   #11
obscurite_beautee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHaggardDoll

What if you liked a piercing and wanted it done!? Would you wait for symbolism or make one up!?

I would wait.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:41 AM   #12
Saddiction

Quote:
I would wait.
Yeah, I would wait until you get into a fist fight or something else of such relative importance *rolls eyes*.

If you like a piercing and want to get it done, that's more of a valid reason than getting it done due to angsty juvenile altercations.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:57 AM   #13
obscurite_beautee

Perhaps you are right. However its not always fist fighting, nor it was a relative that I got into a fight with. I only said someone close to me, nothing more nothing less. Here in USA in case you did not know since you are in Canada, being 18 is not a juvenile for that I can be tried as an adult from now on.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:38 AM   #14
Memento Mori

I have 4 peircings and on tattoo.

My ear lobes are peirces twice and my upper ear and nose.
i go my ear lobes peirced the first time because i though they looked mice and there was this pair of blood drop earrings that i wanted really bad bacause they were really beautiful. the second time i was preventing myslef from cutting.
my upper ear is for erotic purposes...my bf's idea....and because i like how it looks.
my nose is mostly because i like the looks of them...
my tattoo has a story..its my bf's name... and i did it becuz we're engaged and to prove our loyalty to eachother we tattooed eachothers names on ourselves! its so silly now that i think about it...we could have just waited and blood bonded but we are truely young and stupid!
Memento Mori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:44 AM   #15
Saddiction

Quote:
Here in USA in case you did not know since you are in Canada, being 18 is not a juvenile for that I can be tried as an adult from now on.
Juvenile behaviour has no age restrictions.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:48 PM   #16
LadyLucretia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memento Mori

my upper ear is for erotic purposes...my bf's idea....and because i like how it looks.
my nose is mostly because i like the looks of them...
my tattoo has a story..its my bf's name... and i did it becuz we're engaged and to prove our loyalty to eachother we tattooed eachothers names on ourselves! its so silly now that i think about it...we could have just waited and blood bonded but we are truely young and stupid!
I'm smelling troll again.

As for me - I have 20 piercings currently, and I've had somewhere around 30 if you count all those I had to retire. All of my piercings were done between the ages of 14-21, mainly to assert control over my own body and because I always enjoyed watching my body heal things. I haven't been pierced in a while and have stopped wearing my septum ring visibly, and I take out my lip ring for work, and my hair covers the 12 piercings on my ears...so while I am heavily pierced, I don't look it most of the time. I keep them for myself, because I went through a lot to get/heal all of them, and I still think it's artful adornment.

I would never get a tattoo, because my tastes change slightly every few years and I don't trust myself to pick something I'd like forever. I do love tattoos on other people, though, and have done a lot of research on tattoos and piercings. It was a minor obsession of mine for a good while, and I was fairly active on body mod groups and bmezine.com.
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:46 PM   #17
allie_kat

Heh, this is truely an intersting thread, everone has som many ideas on why you should or shouldn't get piercings. Personally, I have 13 piercings, and 4, soon to be 6 tattoos. I'm getting a new one in November.

My piercings, most of them don't really have a meaning behind them. I have 5 on one ear and 4 on the other, my lip, tongue, nose, and navel. My navel, lip, tongue, and nose I never planned on getting, I went weith different people to the tattoo parlor because they we're going to get piercings. They all started to chicken out, so I said woud you feel better if I got one first so you could see it doesn't hurt that bad? They all said yes, I told em I'd do it if they paid for half, they agreed and I came home with a new piercing. Now everyone asks me to go with them, heh, it's kinda fun. 2 of them I got with my sister, my navel (she was getting her nose, but I already had mine done) and my tongue (she got the same). When she turns 18 this Christmas, we're going to get hearts on our ankles with each others names on them. We're kinda going for the old school heart and banner type design, I'm really excited.

My tattoos all have meaning to me though. I think for myself, I'm too impulsive. If I just got tattoos for getting tattoos, I would have way to many and might end up not liking them. Since they have a meaning, I know I will keep them. The two I am getting are the heart with my sister that I already explained, and I'm going to be getting a filigree across my pelvic bone. It's something a little more sexual in nature, and its an expression of my own journey of self discovery, and deciding that I'm not really as tomboyish as I always wanted to be. I like having a sexual, girlish side. I'm not going to go around showing it off to everyone though, it's more for me and my future husband to enjoy. It's also a bit of a symbol of me moving out on my own, and being independant. It's something I would never do if I was still at home with my mom and dad.

I also have a cross on my back, in between my shoulder blades, and a heart on my right shoulder blade that says HIS underneath it. I am a Christian, so the cross represents me taking up my cross and trying to be more like Christ, and the heart shows that before my heart belongs to any man, it belongs to Jesus. On my side, from my ribcage to above my pelvic bone, I have a phantom of the opera mask, I got it in memory of my granfather. He took me to see the musical 6 times, because he knew it was my favorite, and he knew my mother and father didn't have the money to take me to see it. It's what got me interested in theatre, and singing, and he pushed me to learn more about those topics, and to fallow my dreams even when the world said I would never make it. I may not be a famous actress or singer, but I'm studying to be a drama teacher, something I would never have had the courage to do without him.

Last, I have, in script on my ankle, the words "You are my Sunshine." This one is, I admit pretty nerdy. Before I packed up and moved to New Jersey, my dad woke me up really early, practically forced me into the car, and drove to Flesh Skin Grafix where we got all our other tattoos at. They weren't open yet, but Sue, who did one of mine and two of my Dad's was there already tattooing someone. He begged her to let him in and wait for Osh, who did the rest of mine, to show up, so she did. Then he told me he wanted to get me one last tattoo before I left, and he and my sister had planned it all out. Anywhere I wanted, I would get "you are my sunshine" and he would get "my only sunshine" on his wrist. That's becuase when I was little and learning to talk, he would sing it to me. My first word was Sunshine, which I would shout out randomly, even when not at the correct time in the song.

I love telling people about my tattoos, becuase I get to share really important experiences and people who I hold dear.
allie_kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:49 PM   #18
psyches_reflection

I pierced my own lip when I was eighteen, because I was stingey and a bit of an arse. Beyond that, I have three regular piercings in each ear lobe plus two in my upper right ear. They were a birthday present from my aunt.

I have three retired piercings - one in each lobe and my nipple, which was nearly torn out by an old boyfriend.

Two tattoos, ankh on hip (eternal life), lotus blossom and stars on my right thigh (creation). They're symbolic, but not hugely personally relevant - ideas I like that happen to have pretty designs attached to them. I got them purely for aesthetic purposes, but I love the process too.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:03 PM   #19
XxZanexX

When I was but a young'un (Probably 8 years old) my mother took my older sister and I to a booth at the mall where some untrained lackey getting 6 bucks an hour took a gun to my earlobes. They haven't closed back up since, though I don't usually wear jewelry in them.

A year ago as of the 19th (I remember because it was Talk Like a Pirate Day) I was sitting at a restaurant with my friends and looked up out of nowhere and said "I'd like a labret piercing."

So we hopped in the car and went to the next town over (45 minute drive. At the time there were no piercing/tattoo parlors in my small town.) to the place all my friends get their stuff done and I had a nice man stick a needle through my lip.

I wasn't going to wuss out but I did whine a fair bit and the piercer teased me about it. He put disinfectant on my skin and then asked me to show him what the exact placement I wanted was so I pointed and ended up touching the disinfected skin and he got all indignant "Don't touch it, I just disinfected that!" In a joking manner though.

He had looked at my lip and decided on a shorter bar which was a bad idea because after a day it began to embed. I called and they were really nice and provided me with a longer bar when I went back the next day.

I ended up taking it out after a few months because I was delivering pizza at the time and the Mormons aren't too big on tipping people with facial piercings.

The past fortnight or so I keep dreaming I have snakebites, a labret, or a Monroe. It's making me want to get one again. I think, though, if I get another piercing anytime soon it will actually be an industrial piercing for each ear.
XxZanexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:15 PM   #20
XxZanexX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHaggardDoll

My tattoo is there basically because Silence Of The Lambs and Hannibal are my favourite books and films...and yeah...I just like Hannibal Lecter. Just another extension of an obsession.
What's your tattoo? My Lecter-obsessed-self must know.
XxZanexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:45 AM   #21
Rylee

I have 5 piercings in my left ear and 6 in my right, and my nose pierced. I plan on getting more but i think its best to limit it now considering my parents don't want me to get to many. I got them done at a tattoo parlor. The only bad experience I've had with a piercing is that the first time I got my second ear piercings done the earings were small silver studs and they stretched the holes out and went backwards through them so I had to let them heal and get them done again now I tend to wear larger studs because I am afraid of repeating that experience.
Rylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:38 PM   #22
Malice In Wonderland

I wanted my piercings so I got them.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:51 AM   #23
Pineapple_Juice

My body hates everything I try to stick in it, so I always have problems!
Also, I oversoak and overwash because I'm scared of germs, so it irritates piercings!
I've had my industrial re-pierced three times because my ear is raised in the middle and no matter what sort of jewelry I get it always rubs a hole into the skin!
One of my nipple piercings got caught on a lacy bra when someone took it off me! It fucking hurt!
YAAAAAAY piercings!
Old 05-03-2010, 12:38 PM   #24
KontanKarite

I have one piercing in each ear and a big raven tatt on my left ribcage.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:41 PM   #25
Xombie

The dermal anchor in my chest recently rejected. :[
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote