Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 07:29 AM   #17526
IsolatedReptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DREW!
I mean...Isolated Reptile!
I am IsolatedReptile!!! I am not and never have been this... This, what did you say, Shrew?
Old 01-16-2008, 07:31 AM   #17527
IsolatedReptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
IsolatedReptile, what's wrong with black cats?!
Absolutely nothing, other than I'm just superstitious enough to think what happened is a bad sign, but not enough to to try to do anything about it.a
Old 01-16-2008, 07:33 AM   #17528
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsolatedReptile
This, what did you say, Shrew?
*click me*

(well, when it decides to work... *mutters*)

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:35 AM   #17529
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
My fiance is going to be dealing powdered caffeine soon..
Interested?
Are you serious...?
Old 01-16-2008, 07:36 AM   #17530
korinna5555

No, I'm joking.

Yes, I'm serious..
Old 01-16-2008, 07:46 AM   #17531
Delkaetre

Right!
Finished with class, have managed to rejig the flyer design, and I have managed to confirm none other than Cavey Nik for Horrorshow Cabaret! You English types better get your asses to London on Saturday Feb 2nd, because I want a good turnout for the first event I've ever run! (also because the thing's gonna cost me about £450 and I need at least 70 people in to cover that)

I have worked miracles hahaha!
Seriously. I have managed to get the band booked, create the flyer from scratch at 300dpi suitable for up to A4 print quality, get the DJs without resorting to asking friends for favours, book the bouncer to prevent hoodie wearing youths from entering, get the venue to play nice... given that it's the first time I've done any of this, I'm rather proud!
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 01-16-2008, 07:48 AM   #17532
Methadrine

You should be, Del. Sounds like you did a great job and I hope your event turn out to be a blast.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:51 AM   #17533
Darcnyss

This makes me wish I was in London.

It sounds excellent, Delkaetre. I've had several failed attempts to plan events, and you actually pulled it off!

Congratulations, and I wish you the best of luck with the event.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:52 AM   #17534
Underwater Ophelia

Check your myspace inbox, Korinna.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:53 AM   #17535
Delkaetre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadrine
You should be, Del. Sounds like you did a great job and I hope your event turn out to be a blast.
I'm praying it will! I need to flyerspam like fuckery to get enough people through the door. Hopefully Cavey Nik will bring people... and hopefully I can advertise enough at Blood and Velvet... and hopefully I can advertise in Camden, and get someone to flyer Invocation for me, and hopefully I can leave flyers at the next Barden's Bordello Burlesque event (not an actual bordello), and hopefully LJ spamming will work....

Darcnyss... it's not successful till I have heads through door and feet on the dancefloor. till then, it's £450 that I don't have.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 01-16-2008, 08:05 AM   #17536
Solumina

okay time for me to go join the real world and get some stuff done. I shall return in a few hours.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Old 01-16-2008, 08:26 AM   #17537
Mir

Stormie, come restring both my guitars as well. I'm too tired to do it myself. I'll offer you some pancakes as a reward! =)
Old 01-16-2008, 11:26 AM   #17538
honeythorn

I'm going to see my friend's new puppy He's a 10 week old boxer pup called Hendrix ^_^
Old 01-16-2008, 12:00 PM   #17539
Delkaetre

Oooh, boxer puppy!
Old 01-16-2008, 12:04 PM   #17540
Noumi

I just found out what an asshole is.

Asshole : Person who wakes up in the morning and the first thougth that magically shows up in his mind is : "Gosh..., I just had the perfect dream, so now, I'm gonna tell everybody I'm the bomb cuz nobody here is as great and hot as me or has had a better dream".

Takes a shower and puts on what's suppossed to be an expensive parfume, the goes to school with an "I love me" pin, and acts like he was a normal but greater than the others person.

-Joe, you're late again!, says the teacher.
-Excuse me?, Did you just say I'm late? Cool joe is never late! Cool joe is just important and needs to be waited for.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:42 PM   #17541
(heartofflames)

Melbourne goths are slow posters....

Charlotte: You're probably just having a mid-life crisis. Did you buy a Porsche yet?
Old 01-16-2008, 03:58 PM   #17542
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I LOST 5 POUNDS THIS WEEK AT WEIGHT WATCHERS!!!!!

Yay.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 01-16-2008, 04:12 PM   #17543
honeythorn

Puppy pics in the pic thread in a minute. He is GORGEOUS! Sooooooooooooooooooooooo cute! and he loved the squeaky ragger moo cow I got him
Old 01-16-2008, 04:18 PM   #17544
Mir

I've never worn nail polish and used eyeliner very rarely, yet, for the last two days running, I've painted my thumb (left hand) and middle finger (right hand) black and used eye liner and went to office greeted by a lot of funny looks.

I suck at doing it though. Professional advice anyone? Tips and tricks?
Old 01-16-2008, 04:29 PM   #17545
honeythorn

AYE! PRACTICE. Lots of it.

Lean your elbow on a surface for the eyeliner.

For nail varnish, rest your forearm ( the one holding the nail varnish brush ) on the table. Don't come in from above with your elbow in the air, you'll just make things worse.

Make sure you have a reasonably sharp eyeliner pencil if that is the sort you use. A blunt/rounded eyeliner pencil will give a bad line and smudge more easily. Which isn't good if you are trying for subtle.

I have a great liking for painting my thumbs only, and leaving all the other nails bare. I also do a lot of nail art. I currently have cogs/gears on my thumbs ^_^

Thumbs are the easiest to paint and do art upon, as they are the largest and easiest to get to. The effect is quite striking.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:41 PM   #17546
Mir

Yep, the thumb was the first one i went for. I did the middle finger on the other hand to give it some semblance of balance (to my mind).

Problem with the nail polish is that it doesn't appear to be smoothly applied. I tried the best I possibly could. I guess I just needs lots of practice.

As for the eye liner pencil, can I get a sharpener of some sort to sharpen the point?

I did use a cotton bud to clean out the smudging, a tip I picked up from a friend. As for removing the eye liner which is pretty resilient, a friend mentioned I should some sort of removal thing preferably creme based. I've forgotten what it was now, going to ask her again tomorrow.

Maybe you could give me some design ideas eh? =)
Old 01-16-2008, 04:53 PM   #17547
honeythorn

Hmm.. if the nail polish isn't going on smoothly then you are either using too much , or it is old.

Just wipe the brush on the edge of the bottle once before applying. Do long smooth strokes from the base of the nail to the end, one stroke on each side and one in the centre. Leave that to dry and repeat. Make sure the brush fans out a little and sweeps right off over the end of the nail ( if they are long enough ) Clean up any nail varnish on your fingers or edges of nail with a cottonbud dipped in polish remover. Use a clear base coat to prevent staining on your nail . Dark polishes tend to stain if you don't.

A bog standard pencil sharpener should be fine for a pencil liner.

Cleaning up mistakes and smudges with makeup remover on a cotton bud is indeed a good idea. Get a hypoallergenic one, or a variety for sensetive eyes. Eye skin is delicate and needs to be treated carefully. Some are cream based and others are not. Try different sorts and see what works for you.

Designs? ...I have no idea. Most men I have seen tend to favour a plain line top and bottom. Some I have seen have added a little flick to the outer corner. A simple swirl and/or three linear dots going out towards the temple will be easy to do with a pencil liner.

Did you have anything specific in mind?
Old 01-16-2008, 05:00 PM   #17548
Mir

Thanks for all those tips. I guess I have a lot to learn.

Designs? Not really, I'm always open to any/all ideas.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:07 PM   #17549
honeythorn

I have little experience of mens makeup I'm afriad! Haha ^_^. Like I say, the plain line on both lids seems most common from what I have seen. I guess it depends what you are comfortable wearing.

If you wanted a heavier look, you could try for a Johnny slut style, like in this picture

]
Old 01-16-2008, 05:12 PM   #17550
Mir

I wouldn't want to put that on and get on the tube on a daily basis. Wouldn't really mind doing that every once in a while if I was going to a gig/etc.

I was actually thinking along the lines of a simple black line and then some blueish hue applied around/under the black line for contrast. I'm not sure what I want really, I usually go for the "try it and see if I like it" philosophy. I do appreciate all your help! Thank you! =)
Closed Thread