Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

View Poll Results: Do you agree with this 'ban'?
It's understandable 16 8.56%
It's B.S.! (that's what I have to say about it anyway..) 140 74.87%
Don't really care.. 31 16.58%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2009, 01:03 PM   #376
Apathy's_Child

Yeah, I missed the fact that your job brings you into contact with the public. That's not really what I'm talking about - in that context, the boss asking her to put that shit away is fair enough. However I maintain that letting your work slide because you don't like the way a co-worker dresses is totally unprofessional.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #377
Solumina

it is but it also isn't uncommon. If she had been hot then she would have been distracting because people would want to look at her, go out of their way to stop by her desk, lose their train of thought when she walked by, etc. As it was she was a distraction because she was a train wreck, people got thrown off by seeing something that was just so out of place, and people just didn't want to be around that.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:17 PM   #378
Apathy's_Child

Yeah, but the fact that too much TV and not enough reading has rendered the average attention span equal to that of a gnat is not something I feel should be pandered to. If you seriously can't do your work because there's a hot person or a fat person in the vicinity, you're a mouth-breathing idiot. Looking twice is one thing, screwing up is another.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:32 PM   #379
KontanKarite

Hmm...

If I can be indifferent to the way people look, then I'm ahead of the curb and so are the rest of you.

It's their fault that they have weak sensibilities.

Seriously, folks, last night I got cussed out for having my SCHOOL uniform on.

People just can't help themselves. May as well accept the fact that no matter what you do, people are going to be offended.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:57 AM   #380
jathe

more goth discrimination

im new here but i have a story to tell about goth discrimination. i go to a school full of preps. and i dont hate every prep out there, no im only after the judgemental pricks that call me emo and satan worshiper. and dont get me wrong, i mean some of my friends are emo. but im goth. and they say i cut myself and all this other crap. so i wrote this paper about the differences between goths and emos and printed 117 copies of it. then me and all the other goths and emos at my school handed them out and glued them to the walls and stuff like that. well some of the ppl didnt like that so they started to ball them up and thro them at us. but on the other hand some people were inspired by it and wanted to becom goth. even some of the teachers. but then ppl started to get pissed and started to rip them and crap like that. so me and the rest of the goths and emos almost got into a lable war with the prepps. and the day ended to soon. me and my friends are writing more papers trying to get the word out about goth discrimination. and quite honestly all goths need to untite and fight against this crap cus if we are not allowed to pick on black ppl cus there black, then why should ppl be aloud to pick on goth cus we wear black?
jathe is offline   Reply With Quote