Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 09-09-2008, 09:31 AM   #1
LiUsAiDh

Young Enterprise.

As you are probably not aware, I've recently been enrolled into my school's Young Enterprise team.

For those who don't know, Young Enterprise is a business that the pupils solely manage; we sell things to the rest of the school - and hopefully make a profit. At the end of it, we take an exam, and get a qualification.

So.... what it would be great for you guys to do, would be to help me think of a name for our company!?!?

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:34 AM   #2
Geoluhread

What are You going to sell?
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:39 AM   #3
Bete Noire

ahh Young Enterprise.

I failed
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:39 AM   #4
LiUsAiDh

We're going to sell a range of things - most probably things like school hoodies (the horror, but they seem to be well liked!) personalised things, roses on valentines day.... Hmmm, a good range of things!

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
Old 09-09-2008, 09:39 AM   #5
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire
ahh Young Enterprise.

I failed
Oh dear, what happened?

Old 09-09-2008, 09:41 AM   #6
Bete Noire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiUsAiDh
Oh dear, what happened?

We had a "business advisor" who was to help us get started. Unfortunately everything he told us was pretty much bullshit, so it didn't go too well. And he stuck around so that we never got to do much for ourselves. So I had a bit of a rant in the exam about him.

I passed on half of it though.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:44 AM   #7
Geoluhread

Aha
Hmm... I'm thinking of something...
You can choose words from other languages so when you sell something You have a little chat on about what the name means
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 09-09-2008, 09:51 AM   #8
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire
We had a "business advisor" who was to help us get started. Unfortunately everything he told us was pretty much bullshit, so it didn't go too well. And he stuck around so that we never got to do much for ourselves. So I had a bit of a rant in the exam about him.

I passed on half of it though.
Damn, we have to have one of those, but I think we get to run the meetings by ourselves.

Quote:
Aha
You can choose words from other languages so when you sell something You have a little chat on about what the name means
Hmm, interesting idea.... So, I suppose we could have like a foreign language's word for something cheesy like 'team'...

Old 09-09-2008, 10:01 AM   #9
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread
Aha
Me and my partner in enterprise class did this, basically we took random Japanese words and put them together. Our business was called Super Cute Turtle God! XD All we did is paint stuff. Like someone would pay a small fee, give us something (drum sticks, for example) and we would paint a design on it that they have selected.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:03 AM   #10
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Me and my partner in enterprise class did this, basically we took random Japanese words and put them together. Our business was called Super Cute Turtle God! XD All we did is paint stuff. Like someone would pay a small fee, give us something (drum sticks, for example) and we would paint a design on it that they have selected.
Haha, that's awesome!

>_> I may steal your painting idea......

Old 09-09-2008, 10:06 AM   #11
$haDe

I did that before

I buy notebooks (1.5 $) and cut them in four pieces then put the paper together and formed 4 note books from 1 .

I sold it for .7 $ "each",Gaining 3.2$ from a 1.5$ notebook.

And that was so ... i don't know
Old 09-09-2008, 10:09 AM   #12
Geoluhread

I remembered another thing... They say that titles with the letter K sell faster, they get stuck in the head...
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 09-09-2008, 10:16 AM   #13
$haDe

^
And totally 'sick' name ,too

Example : Selling fruits with the name 'Long Rotten' or sort of..
Old 09-09-2008, 10:27 AM   #14
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Originally Posted by $haDe
I did that before

I buy notebooks (1.5 $) and cut them in four pieces then put the paper together and formed 4 note books from 1 .

I sold it for .7 $ "each",Gaining 3.2$ from a 1.5$ notebook.

And that was so ... i don't know
Good idea! That one will also be used!

Quote:
I remembered another thing... They say that titles with the letter K sell faster, they get stuck in the head...

Interesting... so something foreign and beginning with a K....

Quote:
And totally 'sick' name ,too

Example : Selling fruits with the name 'Long Rotten' or sort of..
Hmm, that too is an awesome idea!

Old 09-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #15
Nephele

I've got a name for your business, since you're selling horror hoodies...

"Repositioned Hearse"
(anagram of "A Hoodies Enterprise")

Anagrams are magickal, and fortuitous for business!

-- Nephele
Nephele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:39 AM   #16
LiUsAiDh

Awesome! The anagram... uh.... guy/girl (*shuffles* sorry I forgot which you were, cringe).

I take you by the scruff of your neck and drag you to our meetings!!!

Huzzah!!

This name will definitely be considered as one of our possibilities!

I will also Babelfish some words in other languages, and look for some beginning with 'K'!

Old 09-09-2008, 06:52 PM   #17
Nephele

Quote:
Awesome! The anagram... uh.... guy/girl (*shuffles* sorry I forgot which you were, cringe).

I take you by the scruff of your neck and drag you to our meetings!!!

Huzzah!!

This name will definitely be considered as one of our possibilities!
Yay! I'm a girl. And, I'm not on ANYBODY'S list in that "Your Favorite Members" topic. *pout* *sniffle* If you really think I'm awesome, will you put me on your list? (Nobody else will, and I feel so outsider-ish.)

-- Nephele
Old 09-10-2008, 09:27 AM   #18
LiUsAiDh

Aww, poor you! Yes, you can go on my list.

Old 09-10-2008, 04:25 PM   #19
Nephele

Quote:
Aww, poor you! Yes, you can go on my list.
Thanks! I put you on my list, too, over in that thread. And not just because you put me on your list, but also because you sound like you've got some good business savvy. So, when you become a brazillionaire like Bill Gates, I want to be able to say: "I knew LiUsAiDh back when..."

-- Nephele
Old 09-11-2008, 09:36 AM   #20
LiUsAiDh

Thank you for all your ideas. In our meeting I put forward the ideas for the name, and we decided that 'the team' in another language, would be pretty cool. If it begins with a 'k' even better! So, can anyone who knows any other languages, please tell me what 'the team' is in another language?!?!

Fun fact: According to our Chairman, the German for 'the team'' is 'Mannschaft'. Hehe.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:49 AM   #21
Saya

Um, the Japanese word is "Buntai" for team, and "the team" in French is "L'equipe" or "La Brigade". Thats all the languages I know.

La Buntai Brigade! XD
Old 09-11-2008, 09:51 AM   #22
LiUsAiDh

Thanks, Saya! I'll tell everyone those!

Any more, anyone????

Old 09-11-2008, 09:58 AM   #23
Saya

XD hey, it turns out "La Brigade" is also a French rap group. Rap is significantly improved when in French!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mf9skvuLGg
Old 09-11-2008, 10:01 AM   #24
LiUsAiDh

Ooh, yes! I can actually understand the odd word too!

Old 09-11-2008, 10:18 AM   #25
Nephele

Quote:
Thank you for all your ideas. In our meeting I put forward
Fun fact: According to our Chairman, the German for 'the team'' is 'Mannschaft'. Hehe.

I like "Mannschaft"! It sounds muy macho.

-- Nephele