Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-27-2005, 01:30 PM   #301
xXambivalenceXx

I just googled it, and yes, looks thay way.

*sighs* And to think... I used to obsessed over him. That's a good picture of the "devilock"
Old 12-27-2005, 06:21 PM   #302
Circle V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus Dei
Willard is Crispin Glover... Batman is Christian Bale (oh so hot Christain Bale) and your hair gel is called Dye Hard, a product made by Manic Panic.

Make sure you take a pic if you do color it!!
Thank you. The gel I saw wasn't Manic Panic, but the Panic version is no doubt cheaper and just as good.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:55 PM   #303
Needled

In seventh grade i dyed my hair black for the first time, i used 2 boxes of black dye because my hair is really long and thick. It faded quickly and i ended up redying it, the second time burgundy. About 4 months ago i dyed my hair black again and it hasn't faded at all. The only thing that is brown is my roots of course. I was surprised that this permanant dye lasted longer than the last one i used. I bought some light brown dye last month (2 boxes!) and dyed it, and it did nothing. Still jet black! Does anyone know why the light brown did not go over the black, even though i have went over black dye in the past?
Needled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 06:45 PM   #304
NyQuil of Doom

Black dye can be a motherfucker to get rid of, especially when it hasn't faded. You'll have to get a colour stripper (not a bleach, a stripper) and use that, then go over it with the light brown.

That's what I plan to do this summer when I go strawberry blonde. (I already know how I will look with strawberry blonde hair since I have a wig that colour. )
Old 12-29-2005, 03:26 AM   #305
Godslayer Jillian

I need some help with my hair.
I have not found any hairstyle I like.
My hair is kinda short, it reaches to about the tip of my nose, but besides the front, my hair is very short.
My hair's already black, but now, how do I cut it?
I'd really appreciate someone htat can tell me a good short gothic hairstyle. I was hoping to let it grow, but that's not going to happen neither in my house and in my school, hehe.
Ok, going back to the point, anyone knows a cool, short, gothic hairstyle?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 06:08 AM   #306
Metatron

You could just leave it longer in the front, but make it short and spikey in the back...I've always thought that was cool.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:18 AM   #307
Needled

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil of Doom
Black dye can be a motherfucker to get rid of, especially when it hasn't faded. You'll have to get a colour stripper (not a bleach, a stripper) and use that, then go over it with the light brown.

That's what I plan to do this summer when I go strawberry blonde. (I already know how I will look with strawberry blonde hair since I have a wig that colour. )
That's what people have been telling me. I wanted to make sure there was no other way I could get rid of it, because I have heard that stripping does a lot of damage to ones hair. Someone even told me to buy a box of platinum blonde hair dye and use it on the black and the result would be brown. But I don't know about that... I don't want to risk fucking up my hair anymore than it already is.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:05 PM   #308
Godslayer Jillian

Yeah, I've also thought that one was cool, but they don't let me wear that style.
But oh, well, I think there may be other styles I can use.
And if not, I will definitely skirmish for that style
Thanks

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:26 PM   #309
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metatron
You could just leave it longer in the front, but make it short and spikey in the back...I've always thought that was cool.

You mean the chicken-ass hair do people have been sporting the last few years. Dahlink, it's been done, to death.

WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 07:05 PM   #310
Circle V

I was at Hot Topic (gah!) checking out their clearance items --in other words, the stuff that didn't sell because it's much too cool for the usual patrons to appreciate-- and I saw some temporary spray-in hair color and bought it. The brand is Raw and the color is Icy White. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I'd like to know if anyone here has used such products and has advice and/or biting comments for me.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:52 PM   #311
Godslayer Jillian

Hehe, so, you don't think I should get that hair, Wolfmoon?
Yeah, it is very common now, but that's the only style I can think of, and it's still too long for my school.
So I'm open to opinions, hehe.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 12-29-2005, 08:20 PM   #312
Circle V

I tried the stuff. It's nothing special-- close to costume hair color. It looks terrible if sprayed only on the surface of dry hair, especially blond hair-- I've achieved better effects using chalkboard erasers. If I comb it into my hair, however, it gives it a nice grayish tint and makes it sticky enough to style easily.a
Old 12-29-2005, 08:39 PM   #313
NyQuil of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
I kinda dug you as the strawberry blonde. Then again, I kind of dig you, anyway.

Your eyes are such a stark contrast to the strawberry blone that it is shocking. I loved that pic of you in the wig!!!

Aww, you're going to make me blush and ruin my lovely pallor...

I'll definitely take pictures when I actually do the strawberry blonde.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:16 AM   #314
Needled

I want a Peruvian hairdresser
Old 12-30-2005, 08:45 AM   #315
xXambivalenceXx

Haha, wolfmoon, I had to chicken-ass hair-do not that long ago... and I'm currently growing it out... Mainly because I'm a lazy biatch and I don't feel like styling it every morning. ^_^
Old 12-31-2005, 08:24 PM   #316
mortalitas incomitatus

i have bright purple hair.

that is all.

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:05 AM   #317
Nymphaea

At the moment mine is quite red, but outside it looks kind of more a wine/purple colour. It varies though, a couple of months ago I was dark brown.
Nymphaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:51 AM   #318
Needled

My hair is mostly black with about 2 inches of light brown roots. I've been meaning to touch it up...
Old 01-03-2006, 12:15 PM   #319
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Hehe, so, you don't think I should get that hair, Wolfmoon?
Yeah, it is very common now, but that's the only style I can think of, and it's still too long for my school.
So I'm open to opinions, hehe.
I've seen alot of people that shave their heads, lately. Or you could shave the sides, leave the top and shave tribal designs into the side of your head. That way if you're at home or school you can leave your hair down and cover it. If you go out you can put your hair in a ponytail and let the tribal designs show.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 07:46 AM   #320
Kireo-Umoshiae

Dudes, I need a bit of help. I'm fourteen (I'll be fifteen towards the end of March) and I just realized my hair is turning grey. *seriously* I yanked a little strand of hair out of my head to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. I love my hair. I knew I would get grey hair some day, just not so soon, you know? I'm not sure what to do.

I was thinking of dying my hair black lately, but all of my friends and my parents told me I didn't need to because it's almost black anyway. Plus, I don't exactly believe in dying my hair, but then again I'm not sure if I even care. I might just get used to it. I hope if I get a lot of greys all of my hair turns grey sooner rather than later. I'd actually rather have a full head of grey hair then a salt & pepper look.

I guess I'll just have to see if I like how it looks or if I should die it black anyway. Really, I'm getting kind of sick of all the black hair lately. Dying your hair black has become very cliche. Maybe grey would be good turn (for the originality part anyway).

I would still very much appreciate an opinion if you will.
Kireo-Umoshiae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 07:48 AM   #321
Kireo-Umoshiae

Sorry if I occassionally spell "dye" wrong.
Kireo-Umoshiae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 09:47 AM   #322
Sanctus Dei

I don't want to be rude, but why exactly are you asking us what you should do to your head? If you want to just do it.

Really doll, worrying about the opinions of others is the last thing you should do when reguarding appearance..
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:05 PM   #323
NyQuil of Doom

A small update... I've now got the required elements to do my hair strawberry blonde, but am still waiting to do it until I'm sure what is going on with finding a job and/or starting my own business. So that's progress, anyway.

And yes, I plan on keeping it well-conditioned after I've done all the damage to it that it'll take to lighten it to strawberry blonde.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:22 PM   #324
Needled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kireo-Umoshiae
Dudes, I need a bit of help. I'm fourteen (I'll be fifteen towards the end of March) and I just realized my hair is turning grey. *seriously* I yanked a little strand of hair out of my head to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. I love my hair. I knew I would get grey hair some day, just not so soon, you know? I'm not sure what to do.

I was thinking of dying my hair black lately, but all of my friends and my parents told me I didn't need to because it's almost black anyway. Plus, I don't exactly believe in dying my hair, but then again I'm not sure if I even care. I might just get used to it. I hope if I get a lot of greys all of my hair turns grey sooner rather than later. I'd actually rather have a full head of grey hair then a salt & pepper look.

I guess I'll just have to see if I like how it looks or if I should die it black anyway. Really, I'm getting kind of sick of all the black hair lately. Dying your hair black has become very cliche. Maybe grey would be good turn (for the originality part anyway).

I would still very much appreciate an opinion if you will.
I STRONGLY advise against dying your hair black unless you intend on keeping it the same color for quite awhile.. Black doesn't fade very easily, and you cannot dye over black, as I have found out. You either have to strip or bleach it which will cause a lot of damage to your hair. Even if you get a level 1 or level 2 dye, black is EXTREMELY hard to get rid of. You really need to think about this before you commit to black.

I'm 14 as well, and I feel like a dumbass for dying my hair black when I was 12, not realizing that I would have to allow it to grow out, then cut it before I could have my natural color back. There's a good chance one day your going to change your mind and your going to want your natural color or a different color, and your going to be screwed. You'll wind up with 2 toned hair waiting for it to grow out. It sucks.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:52 PM   #325
Blushing Heliophobe

Yeah...if you want it black, you better be sure that you won't want to do anything else to it for awhile.

I dyed my hair black for awhile and stopped about 5 months ago. My hair has faded to a natural brown, but when I went to get orange highlights last week - surprise - I had about two and a half inches of highlight and the rest of my hair is only slightly lighter.

Not amazingly noticible since it's only highlights, but it can seriously crimp other styling efforts.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote