Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 08-22-2005, 03:11 PM   #1
Flirting_With_Suicide

Location: In the darkest corner,of your darkest thought,is were you will find me and you will find your self..
Beginners Makeup Help

Ok this is probly a question that has been asked befor but i want to know what eye liner and eye shadow stays on the longest.
Flirting_With_Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 05:24 PM   #2
Raven SilverWolf

uhhh i think dallar tree liquid eye liner and revlon eye shaddow works best.the eyeliner doesnt sting your eye as much as other brands also.
Raven SilverWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:27 PM   #3
Courtenay1218

I always use wet-n-wild stuff form walmart, cause I don't have a lot of $$ to be spending it on the exspensive stuff, as much as I use it.
Courtenay1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 04:27 PM   #4
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtenay1218
I always use wet-n-wild stuff form walmart, cause I don't have a lot of $$ to be spending it on the exspensive stuff, as much as I use it.
same here! I mean, I don't use make-up a lot, it's just... no money.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:24 PM   #5
Jezabeth

I found that liquid eye liner and eye shadow tend to stay on longer, but its a little more expensive. Heres a tip: if your sneaky use the 5 finger discount.
Jezabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:31 PM   #6
Splintered

First day, and you're advocating stealing? Smart start.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:48 PM   #7
Solumina

hm...necroing a handful of threads to post something totally useless on your first day, yeah I have great hopes that she wont be a completely sucky new member
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:27 AM   #8
Scotty_Sunday

Don't know if you guys have this store where you are, but there's a nice little place near where I live called inglot. Usually brush on the black eyeshadow they have, and it lasts for a long time if you take good care of it. They have this liquid called duraline that you can use with some of the powder eyeshadows, and it pretty much turns it into liquid eyeliner. My girlfriend uses it as an eyeshadow, and a lipstick. But if you're gonna use it as a lipstick, you need to put a gloss over it otherwise it doesn't look as good.
Scotty_Sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:49 AM   #9
chelseagirl

I've probably tried just about every liquid eyeliner available, including expensive brands like MAC and Dior, and the longest wearing ones are:

Wet 'n Wild H20 waterproof liquid liner (sponge tip applicator)
Makeup Forever waterproof liquid liner (brush tip applicator)
Maybelline Lineworks waterproof liquid liner (sponge tip applicator)
Covergirl LineExact liquid liner (sponge tip applicator-and probably the easiest to use)

I've also tried just about every brand of eyeshadow under the sun, and I have become completely loyal to Ben Nye Lumiere:
http://www.easleys.com/index.asp?Pag...S&Category=370

with the exception of Kryolan metallic aquacolors, which are equally amazing. The silver is the most gorgeous silver I've ever used, and it stay put amazingly...all day without creasing or smudging.
http://www.broadwaycostumes.com/cgi-...pl?detail=1078

An absolute MUST for keeping eyeshadow on and eliminate creasing and smearing is Ben Nye Liquiset:
http://www.easleys.com/index.asp?Pag...OD&ProdID=7978

This can be mixed with Lumiere powders, or can be brushed over your eyelid, as a base, before you put on any eye makeup. Wait for it to dry and then put on your eyeshadow. It blocks your eyelids from getting oily, and also makes the eyeshadow water resistant.

This stuff is seriously AMAZING. My skin is super oily, and this stuff works miracles for me, I use it every day. I apply it to my lids with my fingertip though, because it's so intense that if you use a brush to apply it, it solidifies on the brush and makes the brush stiff-even if you wash the brush right away. It is ridiculously inexpensive too.

I have three girlfriends who are makeup artists, and during their schooling they were required to buy the full range of MAC shadows. Even so, they use Ben Nye most of the time on themselves...so that should say something right there.

I hope this helps you.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:54 AM   #10
electrosexual

I've found that ...

MAC do the best, most vibrant and long lasting eyeshadows. They also come in an amazing range of colours.

MAC do the best non-budging eyeliners (fluidline, powerpoint).

Just about any brand do a "good" liquid eyeliner. Liquid eyeliner's never usually waterproof, hence why it's never used on the bottom lid. I use rimmel because I love their felt tip applicators.

If you want your eye makeup to stay on longer, use a primer.
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:06 PM   #11
honeythorn

Benefit do a decent cake liner which I have always used. I've walked through pouring rain and it's stayed there. It's also excellent for doing fine lines as I do, and I use a very thin fine paintbrush instead of the one supplied, to get thin perfect lines ( the smudged look doesn't suit me ) .
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:21 PM   #12
ApothoKeri

Revlon liquid liner

MAC shadows
ApothoKeri is offline   Reply With Quote