Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:20 AM   #1
Vilentina

Hey there here's Vilentina

Hi all. Here is Vilentina from China. Not very native English.

Well my interest in Gothic started from vampires. Well well well, not the Twilight vampires, nor Vampire diaries nor True Blood, I should claim. My real passion is in The Vampire Chronicles, particularly in Interview with the Vampire and The Vampire Lestat. That's all of me in vampires... Have a nice day...

If it ends like this it should be very sad.

So I hope here I can explore a lot more.

The registration quetion is interesting. What day is Halloween? It should be the most important day in a year... I like Ruby Gloom and Victoria Arts, and more. Nice to know you all. Here is just a simple introduction of myself...
Vilentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:17 AM   #2
Ami

Welcome, Vilentina. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Could you tell us a little more about yourself like: What kind of music do you like? Who are your favourite authors? etc.
Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:52 AM   #3
Vilentina

Music...
I dont have a typical genre... I guess I like the Secret Garden, Coldplay, Beatles, DianaKrall and some Chinese singers... Whatever I feel sad or passion. In classic field, I think the piano music by Bach and that feels like sunlight which Vampires desires...

I like drawing and painting but that's not my profession. Currently I'm in University and learning something I don't like at all.

Favourite author... I think Tolkien could count one. Anne Rice, in vampire novels. When I was young I was once crazy in the saga of DarrenShan but I like the story not the style. I don't read as much as before now so it's hard to say. Neil Gaimen's stories are fantastic but I've only seen the movies. That's it.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:10 AM   #4
Alan

Your english is quite good. You should definitely read Neil Gaiman's books. Start with American Gods. You'll like it.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:18 AM   #5
Vilentina

I come to this site partially because I've been possessed in Vampires since I read Interview with the Vampire 6 years ago. Another reason is that the vampire lover's site I've been active in (in Chinese) has been cooling down in recent years. A third one is that I want to practice my English... Nice to meet you!
Old 04-06-2011, 09:49 AM   #6
Ben Lahnger

Anyone who can list Coldplay, Beatles, Diana Krall and Bach in their musical tastes has my interest.

Alan's right about your English. He's also right about Gaiman ... if you think the movies are good, you are cheating yourself by not reading the books!

Welcome to this place. I look forward to your contributions.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #7
Ami

What are you studying and why continue if you don't like it?
Old 04-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #8
Vilentina

...I thought diana krall, coldplay and bach are so different... But coldplay might be close to beatles, at least.

For neil gaiman, i guess it's just that I dont have the right kind of mood to read really great work currently.

For the profession... I'm doing accounting and I guess hardly anyone on earth do it because he likes it. One good thing shoule be that I dont have to worry about what if I lost interest one day. If I do design I have to seriously consider that.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:32 AM   #9
Ami

I understand. I recently lost all interest in my field of study and it sucks