Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:22 PM   #401
skoteinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir View Post
https://www.gothic.net/boards/showth...=14750&page=68

That's the one I saw. First post on page.
I was just looking for it! : )

And there's another on my profile page.

*wonders if she'll get a copy of JCC's book*
Old 10-27-2009, 12:26 PM   #402
skoteinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Huh, you don't look like a size 12.
Yes I know. I look thinner.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:31 PM   #403
Mir

Saw your profile picture. Appears to be an age gap between the two pictures. Profile pic being more recent? I have to say that you look good, and give off this crazy-happy-fun vibe. Total turn on. I'd totally want to hang out, and get plastered with you.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:39 PM   #404
skoteinh

Quote:
Saw your profile picture. Appears to be an age gap between the two pictures. Profile pic being more recent? I have to say that you look good, and give off this crazy-happy-fun vibe. Total turn on. I'd totally want to hang out, and get plastered with you.
Well, not really. The one I posted on the pic thread was taken four months ago, and the profile one was taken 10 days ago. However, you're right, the profile pic is more recent! : )

Yes, you could say I am crazy-happy-fun in my gloomy-goth-self-destructiveness. [I love oxymorons].

All you have to do is hop on a plane. I know a couple of great places where we could go and get hammered!
Old 10-27-2009, 01:11 PM   #405
Solumina

Being happy with your body really is the most important accessory, honestly I wish I had your confidence, though some days I get pretty close then for some reason I go back to thinking that my ass, legs, and stomach all desperately need to be toned (Howl-O-Scream has really toned up my legs so I feel that they look better but now they ache from being over used every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday so I actually feel less healthy) *blech* body image issues are damn annoying.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:31 PM   #406
Mir

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:37 PM   #407
skoteinh

Quote:
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
This just became my new signature. Like it?
Old 10-27-2009, 01:45 PM   #408
Saya

Thats an old saying XD
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:51 PM   #409
skoteinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Thats an old saying XD
Ooops... : o

I hadn't heard of it... Well, I like it anyway. I'll keep it for a while.

: )
Old 10-27-2009, 02:00 PM   #410
Mir

Can't take credit for it, but I'm still flattered somehow. =)
Old 10-27-2009, 02:06 PM   #411
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
Confidence might make you beautiful but being thin enough to get up the stairs without being out of breath is also beautiful.

I'm a size 18 and I can leg it up the stairs without being out of breath. I may be losing weight but I don't actually have to be thin to be able to do that.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:52 PM   #412
Pineapple_Juice

I get tired just walking to my car....
Old 10-27-2009, 03:17 PM   #413
honeythorn

Walking 5 miles home in an hour , every night 3-4 times a week used to tire me out when I first started working where I am now, as it is a very mixed route with regards to the many uphills and downhills, but now I can march that at a quick pace and I'm barely out of breath at all when I get home. My legs ache a bit but that's all. Sometimes I have a Friday off and get the bus for a change, and I do catch the bus on Mondays to save my energy for my aerobics class. I also go for a walk over the fields most weekends ( often a Sunday ).
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:58 PM   #414
MissCheyenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
I'm a size 18 and I can leg it up the stairs without being out of breath. I may be losing weight but I don't actually have to be thin to be able to do that.
That's good for you, I really mean that. I can only really speak from my own experience of being overweight (and yes, I was REALLY overweight,a UK size 24 in fact) Obviously, you are a lot healthy than I was when I was large. I don't wish to disrespect you or anyone else for their weight, I just find personally, that I feel better being thinner than I was.
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:10 AM   #415
AsylumVoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
You were sort of all over the place with this, and I don't feel like picking it apart, but what I said before is still true.
It's not happiness.

You seem to believe that a perfect life is impossible. That a perfect relationship is impossible. I do believe it's possible, and compared to perfection, this is not happiness.

Also, I mean, did you ever think that maybe she married him to be on TV? Or to force herself to believe she's a good person?
As I said, I made a much better argument and had to rewrite it after my internet clapped out on me as soon as I hit reply. Life's a bitch.

How do you know that they aren't happy? None of us know them, we wont know until you or I walk up to his wife and say "are you happy?".
This is a pointless argument, one of us is wrong but unless we find a mysterious way to contact his wife and get her to honestly answer that question we will never know.
I didn't think those things because I don't like to make assumptions based on prejudice.

Perfection IS impossible. First of all, are you defining perfection by what is perfect according to what the general public assume? or by what is perfect for individuals according to their own terms?
Secondly, people are fundamentally flawed and bad and good things happen to everybody, anything can happen to someone during their lifetime, perfection is not long term because any number of external influences can shatter it. You can't be completely in control all the time, it's just not possible.
AsylumVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:28 AM   #416
Mourning Would

I think it was really great that someone finally realised that size zero is unhealthy, unnatural and disgusting. 12 and 14 are not big sizes, they're average.
Mourning Would is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:02 AM   #417
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourning Would View Post
I think it was really great that someone finally realised that size zero is unhealthy, unnatural and disgusting. 12 and 14 are not big sizes, they're average.
You didn't read the thread, did you? We came to the clear conclusion that size 12 is a big size.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:06 AM   #418
Mourning Would

Quote:
You didn't read the thread, did you? We came to the clear conclusion that size 12 is a big size.
12 is not big! It's horrible how everyone's made to feel they eat too much or that they're fat by people saying a 12 is big! If you ask me an 8 is border-line un-healthy (although sometimes it's natural). I'm a 14 and I take offence at that!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:10 AM   #419
JCC

Quote:
12 is not big! It's horrible how everyone's made to feel they eat too much or that they're fat by people saying a 12 is big! If you ask me an 8 is border-line un-healthy (although sometimes it's natural). I'm a 14 and I take offence at that!
What the fuck do I care if you take offence at being told the truth?
Old 10-28-2009, 07:15 AM   #420
Mourning Would

Quote:
What the fuck do I care if you take offence at being told the truth?
It's not the truth. Do you have any idea how many teenage girls have been turned anorexic or bolaemic (how the hell do you spell that?) by being told they're fat because they're a size 12 or 14?
Old 10-28-2009, 08:10 AM   #421
JCC

Quote:
It's not the truth. Do you have any idea how many teenage girls have been turned anorexic or bolaemic (how the hell do you spell that?) by being told they're fat because they're a size 12 or 14?
If someone turns anorexic then that is a shame, sure. But it doesn't mean that size 12 and 14 are average sizes.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:20 AM   #422
Alan

Quote:
You can't find a fucking middle gound?
The fact that you say 8 (8!!) is 'borderline unhealthy' just tells us you know shit about health and you just want the world to be as fat as you so you won't feel bad anymore.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:24 AM   #423
MissCheyenne

Quote:
Do you realize how many perfectly healthy girls who just happen to be size 6 or 8 are told they are anorexic and too thin just because they happen to be naturally slim? Ok, on some people a size 12 looks fine, a 14 is still a big size though even this size looks different on individual people based on their build and their height. Don't start the whole *calling people fat makes them anorexic* bullshit because anorexia is a far more complex illness than that, well, it is from what I understand about it.
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:37 AM   #424
skoteinh

Quote:
Old 10-28-2009, 10:00 AM   #425
Necrophagist

^ Doesn't work like that with him.

Alan, shut up. You don't know what fat is.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote