Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
IAMAGOFF

Jady Goody Dies.

In More Important news , OTHER PEOPLE MORE IMPORTANT THAN HER ARE DYING OF CANCER AND HAVE RECIEVED NO NEWS COVERAGE.

Because she has children , was racist on Celebrity Big Brother , failed to run a marathon, and has a husband that is on bail, she is getting the PRIME MINISTER to grieve her.

And how much of the money raised from press coverage is going to cancer research? none. All to her two children. Yes she has the perfect rights to try and raise money for her childrens lives ahead of them, but the rights to her wedding alone raised 700K, which is enough to raise them for a good amount of time , even with a father in prison.

I'm not saying that it is not sad that died so young , im just saying that she does not deserve to be headline news, when much more important things are happening right now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7925719.stm
IAMAGOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:23 PM   #2
Alarica

Their father isnt in or going to prison. He's a TV presenter. I agree with everything else though. And while she was making money, she wasn't spending valuable time creating lasting memories for her kids. She has a business and perfume as well as Jeff Brazier not being exactly poor, so the boys will always be well looked after.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
PortraitOfSanity

I don't understand why people give a shit about this.

Someone died of cancer, holy fucking shit!

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:18 PM   #4
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post

Wait wait wait.... you're saying, cancer, is deadly?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:06 AM   #5
IAMAGOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post

Thats exactly my point, this happens all the time , it doesn't need to headline the english news!

Also, she is not married to jeff brazier, he is the blood father of her children, but Jack has the custody of them, Jack Tweed who is on bail for attacking a teenager with a golf club, and whilst on bail this time around attacked a taxi driver.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:44 AM   #6
Alarica

He doesn't have custody of them at all, their dad, who they have been practically living with since their mum was told she's terminal, has. And Jack Tweed isnt on bail for attacking the teenager either, he served a prison sentence and is out on licence. Got a bit tag round his little ankle. He is on bail for attacking a cabbie, whilst the man was driving. Even 'The Sun' gets more facts straight than you have.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Old 03-23-2009, 02:05 AM   #7
jack_the_knife

This actually made my day. I have an irrational hate for the woman. Ergo, this fills me with glee.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:08 AM   #8
Necrophagist

LOL, take that you stupid woman!

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:57 PM   #9
JCC

Fucking hell, a celebrity is in the public eye more than someone unheard of, what a travesty. I don't see the big issue here. So you didn't like her, she was a household name in Britain, what else are the papers going to report upon? "Today, an old woman with no friends died in her sleep." and variations for fifty pages? She's a celebrity, what happens to her has no place anywhere other than the media.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:46 AM   #10
IAMAGOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Fucking hell, a celebrity is in the public eye more than someone unheard of, what a travesty. I don't see the big issue here.
The big issue is that her death has overshadowed many more important news articles. As my msn opened, the fact that the IRA had struck again had been pushed down in the news by her wedding!

And what good is coming out of her doing all of this? it is not the fact that the media are paying her attention , she is ASKING the media too, and sold her last moment and many moments after it.

How sad is it that today a celebrity can sell their death?

Also, she is not deservant of stardom, her and every other entrant of big brother.

Also Alaraica, despite Jeff having custody now, the two children are currently living with Jades mother and the afformentioned mr tweed, and i will admit now, having never been directly involved with the system, that i do get license and bail mixed up.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:14 AM   #11
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMAGOFF View Post
The big issue is that her death has overshadowed many more important news articles. As my msn opened, the fact that the IRA had struck again had been pushed down in the news by her wedding!
The main issue here is that MSN is a crappy news source, and therefore bound to get hysterical over Goody Goody Scum Drops.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:10 PM   #12
JCC

Quote:
It wasn't the IRA anyway, it was a splinter group; perhaps it's best that media misinformation is kept buried underneath celebrity gossip.

Quote:
And what good is coming out of her doing all of this?
The exponential rise in cervical cancer scans and cervical cancer awareness in general.

Quote:
Also, she is not deservant of stardom, her and every other entrant of big brother.
'Deservant'? Learn to speak before being obnoxious, regardless of how valid your assertion is.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:52 PM   #13
Raptor

Quote:
And what good is coming out of her doing all of this?
I heard that the number of woman going for checks has increased. (ah JCC already got that)

But

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...cht/goody1.jpg
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #14
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
Yeah, I admit it, I LOL'd.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:14 PM   #15
Malice In Wonderland

Well...
There's a definite correlation...

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #16
Alarica

Quote:
Also Alaraica, despite Jeff having custody now, the two children are currently living with Jades mother and the afformentioned mr tweed, and i will admit now, having never been directly involved with the system, that i do get license and bail mixed up.
Wrong AGAIN. I never really gave a monkeys about Ms Goody, and the fact she publicised her illness kinda annoyed me, but like it really fucking pisses me off when people, like you, try to look clever by bitching about things you clearly know fuck all about.

If you had taken even a few moments out of your MSN life, to actually READ atleast 1 article on her or even her husband, you would know he was out on licence, because the media has made that more than clear, and since the tagging system has been in place for a fair few years now, you dont have to have been 'directly involved' with the sytem to have known that either.

The boys, are currently living with their father. They have a bedroom at their grandmothers house because they will need to stay somewhere else, when their dad is working away. Jack Tweed is on licence and although his curfew has been lifted a lot recently, he is living with HIS mother. Not Jades.

Regardless of how people feel about her negatively, she's now dead, and the awareness being raised from that is having nothing but a positive effect. A simple test can save a life AND a family, and yet was not routinely done on women under the age of 25, despite girls in their early teens being sexually active. Because of Jade Goody, there is now a push to have the age lowered, and save a substantial number of lives that would have been lost.