Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:52 PM   #101
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Quote:
Originally Posted by (heartofflames)
wow.... Abercrombie is a store, along with Aeropostale, Hollister, and American Eagle....I do not shop in any....
I have the problem that my family keeps giving me gift certificates or articles of clothing from American Eagle. *sigh* Oh the tragedy of a boring family... :\
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:49 PM   #102
MollyMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless1
Ya. I get it pretty badly. It's terrible.
Wow. You're so stupid that you not only couldn't figure out how to leave but you left so badly you came back?

Twatwaffle.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:32 PM   #103
molochai

Some colleges are cold, especially the bigger ones. Kind of like cities, you go to New York and no one wants anything to do with you. Yet go to a small town and everyone knows each other. It's a social phenomenon, it's not you in particular. People get impersonal in impersonal settings. If you want to meet new people, find settings that are comfortable for you to be in, then just make some random communications to try to break the ice. keep it impersonal, without judging yourself if you "fail" at it. Not everyone will warm up to you, in fact alot of people have problems of their own, their own social insecurities may make them cold. Don't own rejection, say something to yourself to get your mind to move on.. ie. "well, they are cold! but that's their problem" then move on.
molochai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:23 PM   #104
silverbaal

That's how I was my first year of college. It got better as soon as I stopped relying on the campus as my only resource for friends. I guess it didn't help that I was known as the "room girl". I.e. the girl that never came out of her room, lol. But it might not be, and i'm pretty sure it's isn't, you. I can tell you it definitely wasn't wholly me(People said I was mean, which wasn't/isn't true at all.) The campus...Well, there were a lot of attitudes there, i'll just say. Try to find people off campus to befriend. Going to club meetings on your campus might help you. Didn't help me but you're a completely different person. Try it. Concerts, art galleries... All of those definitely helped me out....Whether you live on or off campus, go anywhere you can to meet people. Cultural evens, Gothic events, etc. Don't narrow your selection to fellow students and don't stay in your room(dorm or home) all the time by yourself. If people don't like/understand you on campus, find people who do elsewhere.

Good luck.
silverbaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:04 PM   #105
mindless1

thanks.
I'm a nervous wreck when people bore into me. I get afraid of people just looking me in the face, when I'm in crowds and hear a lot of talking I sort of start to dissasociate. I go onto the computer because no one is looking at me and no one is judging me. But in reality, I'm sure there are a lot of people who are. I just am not one to judge. I am sort of an escapist. I like to escape escape escape. Not enough air on this planet.
Maybe there's no reason to bother. Maybe it's ok to be this way. I don't honestly need anything. I need to eat. I need to breathe. But I don't need people do I? I really wish I didn't. I think people are a necessary evil. I care about people. I do. But when it comes down to needing them, fuck, it's hard to need and I don't want to need anymore.
Maybe it's them who need me.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:00 PM   #106
silverbaal

Wow. You sound exactly like me. It's weird...But I like it. I'm not alone. *hugs*. Don't worry. You will find the right sort of people whom will be worth your time...Eventually. And the feeling will be mutual.

I took the warm little body in my hands, kissed the smooth face, caressed the long hair, - then strangled him and buried his body under a mountain of corpses waiting to be cremated.
silverbaal is offline   Reply With Quote