Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-29-2006, 12:35 PM   #1
we_are_138

I remember Halloween

Am I Hallucinating? Is this a Goth community board without a halloween costume thread? Or did I search for it and miss it? if i did, feel free to pull out your paddle (oh yes!) If I didn't, here it is!

Best halloween costumes? anyone? What will you be? Or have you been already this weekend?

last night was a cop out, We thought we'd go around as the little girl from Ringu and have fiance walk around with a videotape asking people to watch, but we instead went as gomez and morticia. Tuesday we'll be Selene and Micheal from Underworld. (aw couple costumes are so cute)

Anyone Else? Bueller?
we_are_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 12:40 PM   #2
DarkHeartedDemoness

I think a lot of people have mentioned their costumes randomly in other threads, but this is a good idea!

I'm going to be a discarded dolly.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 12:45 PM   #3
She_Is_My_Sin

I'm not doing anything on Halloween...but if was I was gonna dress up as a witch.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 12:59 PM   #4
we_are_138

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
I'm going to be a discarded dolly.
i'd like to see that. make sure you put a picture up after tuesday!
Old 10-29-2006, 02:21 PM   #5
DarkHeartedDemoness

I'm not really wild about posting pictures of myself online, but we'll see.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 02:29 PM   #6
Maj.Bromley

Gonna be Jack The Ripper

Suicide is a fundamental human right. This does not mean that it is morally desirable. It only means that society does not have the moral right to interfere
-Thomas S. Szasz
Maj.Bromley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 03:06 PM   #7
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
Oh, how I envy you guys! The one thing I miss about America is the whole Halloween tradition.

Here, there will be a party organized kindly enough by my boyfriend (it took some work to convince him) and there I will go dressed in white with red "blood" stains all over the light material of the dress and of course some nice vampire make up and a necklace of dead flowers. I want to symbolize love this way and I hope no one will get it.
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 03:22 PM   #8
badteccy

Every year i say I'm going as a zombie nurse, yet I never have. THIS year, however, I am for true. My best costume was when I went as a Chinese lady, I even had an authentic Chinese dress.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 05:12 PM   #9
Ainadu

I was slightly considering being Lisa from Castlevania, but did not sew anything in time due to a rather hectic schedule.

A friend of mine is dressing up as L from Death Note. He does bear a striking resemblance to that character, especially in terms of posture and facial expressions. I'm fairly sure that it will turn out well.

I've not done anything for Halloween in ages. 'Tis saddening, as I do enjoy going about in costume.
Ainadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 05:34 PM   #10
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I have no party to attend or anything, nor trick-or-treating this year; I have to march with my school band in a Halloween parade. I play flute. I have to wear a Hawaiian shirt and black pants for it. Of course up here in the Northeast, it gets cold around Halloween. We're playing the theme song from Hawaii Five-O.

But I am dressing up for school. I don't know what to call it. But you guys have seen pictures of me in my Little Red Dress. Well, I will be wearing that and some heels, and do my make up all real nice. I don't know what to call myself, but I'll think of something to call it. But I sure will be pretty for Halloween.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 05:40 PM   #11
we_are_138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears
I have to march with my school band in a Halloween parade. I play flute. I have to wear a Hawaiian shirt and black pants for it.
But I am dressing up for school. I don't know what to call it. But you guys have seen pictures of me in my Little Red Dress.
i did band too, i play trumpet. (i also marched drum corps for three years, NERD!!) It was fun. Sorry you guys have to wear hawaiian shirts though! That's definitely NOT the best. (:

I haven't seen the pictures, but maybe you could be little red riding hood?
Old 10-29-2006, 05:52 PM   #12
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Ha ha, I need a hood for that. My boyfriend said I should be the Queen of Despair, I said I could be a drama queen if I had a crown. The pictures are on the picture post thread.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 10-29-2006, 09:07 PM   #13
Maj.Bromley

Its awesome, here at my school, I dont know if you guys know about it, the Air Force Academy..The dean is allowed all cadets an organized leave this weekend to shop for a halloween costume and on tuesday, he is allowing all cadets to go to all classes and meals in costume...hehe..

Suicide is a fundamental human right. This does not mean that it is morally desirable. It only means that society does not have the moral right to interfere
-Thomas S. Szasz
Maj.Bromley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:35 AM   #14
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears
I play flute.
So do I.
But I suppose I am too much of a rotten individualist to even try be part of a band. Although, looks like that saves me the hawiian t-shirts. Anyway, I still wish you fun!
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:46 AM   #15
Linen

[quote=Crying_Crimson_Tears
I play flute. [/QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Look Behind You
So do I.
But I suppose I am too much of a rotten individualist to even try be part of a band.
I play flute also. I was in band in jr high & high school. I hated marching, though - preferred concert band where we actually focused on the music more.

I can't say that I've ever had a really cool, unique costume, though every year I think I'm going to have something so awesome & I don't have the money for it so I have to settle for something mediocre. One year I really wanted to buy this "Killer Granny" costume - it was complete with a creepy mask, grey-haired wig, and fake butcher knife. I think you're supposed to wear a nightgown with it. It would've been pretty funny.

This past weekend I went to a sort-of Halloween costume party at a bar with my best friend & her fiance. My friend and I didn't really dress up except to put on really heavy makeup, and then she borrowed my devil horns from an old costume of mine. We weren't very creative & kind of on a low budget. Halloween night my husband and I are supposed to be drinking/hanging out with some friends of ours, but I don't know if it's going to be a dress-up thing or not.

I love dressing up in costumes, but I just don't have the $ to spend right now on anything elaborate. Any ideas for something I could throw together cheaply?
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:42 PM   #16
OsoCrazy

All i'm going to do for dressing up is wear my usual clothes, most people find em creepy anways, pair o red stitch Tripp pants, Long sleeved White and Black striped shirt and an Atreyu shirt ontop of that. then hopefully getting a big sword/scythe kinda thing with a nice mask.
OsoCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 04:21 PM   #17
Acushla

I'm either going as a naughty french maid or a dandy. All my costumes from the past few years have been thrown together out of my existing wardrobe; last year I was an 80's white-trash zombie babe (sadly no picures of that,) and the year before I was a crackwhore.
Acushla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:14 PM   #18
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Look Behind You
So do I.
But I suppose I am too much of a rotten individualist to even try be part of a band. Although, looks like that saves me the hawiian t-shirts. Anyway, I still wish you fun!
Thank you for the wish of fun. Yes, the Hawiian shirt thing shall not be that much fun. But oh well. It's still fun to be in band. I love it. Although like Linen I also prefer the concert music and such. It seems so much for embracive of music. Oh well. Yes, my friend today, (he is oh-so-cool) told me I should call myself a vixen. I like the idea, if the dress wasn't so 80's.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 10-30-2006, 05:37 PM   #19
knightmare

Ah, good ol' Halloween. Kids are so spoiled these days. I remember all we got for halloween was some tobaccy and some rocks if we were lucky.

Oh my, I have to report to the bathroom now... must execute call of doody...must reach extraction point...
knightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:09 AM   #20
Slap Your Love

lol @ ^. =] That's funny. All I'm doing is going off tonight with some friends to a haunted house and such. A few of us are dressing up but not I. =\
Old 10-31-2006, 06:08 AM   #21
Haunted House

I'm going as Nik Fiend tonight. Right now I'm sitting here in school with zombie make-up and fake blood on my face, though.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:48 AM   #22
Born Again

I'm going as left overs. I'm going to wrap aluminum foil around my entire body then I'll glue random discarded food items onto the foil.

I'm stingy.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:17 AM   #23
badteccy

That's a pretty cool sounding costume.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 11:28 AM   #24
Linen

Here are some ideas:

CSI agent: wear a dark business suit or nice "work attire". Wear big sunglasses. Make a fake CSI badge on your computer, or by hand if you don't care about it looking real. Use a photo of yourself for the badge and make sure the words CSI are really large & obvious. Carry around accessories such as a rubber glove or two, a magnifying glass, a flashlight, toy gun, handcuffs, etc. You could also buy a large jumpsuit and use masking tape to make the letters CSI on the back of the suit if you want that "scene-of-the-crime" feel.

Cereal Killer: (ultra-cheesy) tape mini cereal boxes all over your body & put plastic knives into them... use fake blood if desired

Severed Head for Dinner: cut a piece of cardboard in the shape of a round or square table. Find a cheap table cloth to put over it, or a sheet. Cut a hole in the middle & put your head through it. Have paper plates & fake food pasted around you. If you can, find a plastic or paper party-tray big enough to stick your head through so it's like you're head's on a platter. Voila, you're for dinner!
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:04 AM   #25
Slap Your Love

Ha. Plans changed for me last night I went to the haunted house but I ended up working in it in the graveyard part as a zombie. ^.^ I scared this one girl soooo bad she was crying. I own. =P Then I kept following after her out of my scene and she ran and tripped and hit the groud, kinda mean but very funny rofl. =]