Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:54 PM   #1
Seraphynth

Hair Styles for Prom Dresses?

So, even though I don't care about school, Prom is actually a big thing for me (my parents banned me from ever going to prom, I've showed them up two years in a row by going and always having the best dress every year, or so I'm always told xD). This'll be my third and final year for prom, and I'm excited that liek the week after I began dating my boyfriend, he bought me the dress I'd been wanting for a while:

(Don't ask....just don't, but no, I no longer have the red mark on my chin, it's a nice little scar now)

So, it's by Lip Service, in black and shiny vinyl. And it's open backed with buckle straps across it (as you can see in the picture).
And, I'm pretty good at doing hairstyles, only...I have no idea what to do for this dress.
Or, I did. I was going to get a apir of dreadfalls and put them in to make them look like extensions (thank you picture tutroials), but my boyfriend doesn't have the money to buy them for me like he promised he'd do, my dad is keeping my allowance away from me (for our cruis to Mexico...eww...there is no way I'm ruining 5 years of staying out of the sun just to get tan again and make my parents happy), and the money that I do have in the bank is being saved in there for a reason (I'm leaving to live on my own in the big and scary world and hope I don't get myself killed in doing so...).

So...
I no longer have any clue has to what to do.
I need massive suggestions.

Facts:
My hair is 32 inches long, it's long enough for just about any style.
I will be redying my hair black the week before prom, so don't let the 7 months worth of roots scare you.
I no longer have gel nails, I ripped them off to grow my own out again. I'm hoping to try the filed look for a while as I'd always shunned it for the sport cut.
Yes, my make up will be done well...

So...any suggestions? I want to be able to show off the buckles in the back, but I don't want to look unbalanced.

I'm really sorry to have made another thread, but one was asking for help on prom dresses and the other involved prom outside of the US.
Seraphynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:29 PM   #2
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Here is a friendly helpful reminder to make your intro thread. Don't forget to fill out the survey questions for your into thread.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:35 AM   #3
Underwater Ophelia

Your boyfriend of one week bought your prom dress? I'd be careful...
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:19 AM   #4
Seraphynth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Your boyfriend of one week bought your prom dress? I'd be careful...
When we'd only been dating for one week. It's been almost four months now. Sorry that I didn't clarify that. ^^;
He spoils me (when he's not spoiling himself with Marvel action figures and expensive clothing ._.).
Old 03-04-2007, 03:15 AM   #5
Lucretia_my_Reflection

you should tye it back in a pony tail and tease it and shove black and white feathers and thread some roses of your favorite colors through your hair [you should be able to do this yourself and plus you'd spend only about $18.00 on roses, instead of $80.00 on letting some lady tweak with your hair.
Lucretia_my_Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:10 AM   #6
Seraphynth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucretia_my_Reflection
you should tye it back in a pony tail and tease it and shove black and white feathers and thread some roses of your favorite colors through your hair [you should be able to do this yourself and plus you'd spend only about $18.00 on roses, instead of $80.00 on letting some lady tweak with your hair.
That sounds interesting. A bag or two of feathers would only be about $6 and a dozen roses are only $6 at Wal-Mart. So I could do it for less than $15. :3
Only problem is that my hair is so long and thick that it doesn't stay in a ponytail for very long, and if it does I get a horrendous headache. >_< I guess I'd just have to put it up high on my head then. That would also leave more room to show off the back of my dress.
It'd be pretty neat with peacock feathers too.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:03 PM   #7
angel_1991

That would be really cute, another suggestion is try putting it into a messy bun with roses or feathers (or whatever you like) twisted around in it. its hard to explain, i wish i had a picture to show you, but it would look really nice with the dress you have!
angel_1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:55 PM   #8
Lucretia_my_Reflection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphynth
That sounds interesting. A bag or two of feathers would only be about $6 and a dozen roses are only $6 at Wal-Mart. So I could do it for less than $15. :3
Only problem is that my hair is so long and thick that it doesn't stay in a ponytail for very long, and if it does I get a horrendous headache. >_< I guess I'd just have to put it up high on my head then. That would also leave more room to show off the back of my dress.
It'd be pretty neat with peacock feathers too.

tie it in a bun then tease it , it will look hotter because you have more hair
Lucretia_my_Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:25 PM   #9
Draconysius

Get a deathawk! It would be a nice contrast to the elegance and orderliness of the dress.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:53 PM   #10
Seraphynth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
Get a deathawk! It would be a nice contrast to the elegance and orderliness of the dress.
I would actually love to do that, except I could never shave my hair. ^^;
Old 03-04-2007, 05:04 PM   #11
Underwater Ophelia

I really really really like the peacock feather idea. Only if it goes with the dress, though. Otherwise...not so much.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:39 AM   #12
Seraphynth

I'm such a loser. I never posted the picture of how things turned out (as well as getting sucked back into collecting MLPs...).

I did my hair up like Lulu from Final Fantasy (as my boyfriend put it after seeing my hair). And I added pearls since the feathers were too big. The pearl earrings were big fucking mistake though. :/
Sorry..that's the only picture I have since same boy decided to delete all of the pictures my mom took since they made him look bad... -_-

Also, sorry for resurrecting a dead thread. :/
Old 05-19-2010, 01:39 AM   #13
Emilly

Cool

Cheap Prom Dresses recently added 40 all new dresses and gowns just this week (Oct 13 - 16, 2008) Prom dresses 2008/2009 and evening dresses: 40 new styles released. Featuring mermaids, ball gowns, cocktail, short knee / tea length dresses. Many colors to choose: coffee, greeen, red, black, pink, salmon. Find your perfect dresses & gowns for prom, bridesmaids, formal evening, and casual wedding.
Emilly is offline   Reply With Quote