Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:53 PM   #1
Versus

I'm totally not introducing myself.

Hi.

What do you do?

For money? I do whatever Uncle Sam tells me to do with varying degrees of enthusiasm. For me? I like to listen to music. I've been known to read. Pretty much whatever piques my interest at any particular moment.

Where are you from?

The western United Stated. California, for those of you in the know.

Who is your favorite author?

I admit that I've never read extensively from any single author, so it's hard to pick a favorite. My favorite books, however, include "Frankenstien" by Mary Shelly, "Moby Dick" by Herman Melville, "The Monk" by Mathew Gregory Lewis, "The Cardinal of the Kremlin" by Tom Clancy, and (embarrassingly) "Blood and Chocolate" by Annette Curtis Klause.

What are your favorite films?

I love westerns more then someone my age should, zombie and/or post apocalyptic movies of all qualities, comedies that are honestly comical, cult classics, movies that are dumb-as-hell but still awesome (I'm looking at you, Total Recall), action movies (the good ones are indicated by the raging hard on I get by the mention of their name), war movies, and I have a secret appreciation for romantic comedies. Also; Ghost movies scare the shit out of me.

What music do you want played at your wedding?

My wedding was pretty lame. It was at a courthouse on my lunch break. Thanks for the memories, G.Net! Notionally, however, I would like "I'm gonna be (500 miles)" by the Proclaimers. Preferably sung by myself.

At your funeral?

Hrm. I always fancied "Jigsaw Puzzle" by Elvenking (If you're not familiar: awesome song, horrible band) as being played during the credits of my life's movie. Not sure about my death, though. I guess something extremely inappropriate would please me!

This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

That's easy! I don't really care how I die. I'm more concerned with why I die. Something meaningful, bad ass, or otherwise thought provoking.

What kind of casket would you want?

Something obnoxious. Like, with hydraulics. I'd even settle for a grossly exaggerated wikipedia blurb.

What's your FAVORITE outfit?

I wouldn't call it an outfit, but I am very fond of an old pair of jungle boots I own (to which I adoringly refer to as my "Shit-kickers"). I have a predisposition toward pseudo-military clothing. Preferably with hefty amounts of irony, metal, and disrepair.

What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

Irresponsibility! I had a BLAST with it.

What's your favorite band?

I don't have a favorite band. :x My taste in music depends on my mood. Yesterday was Judas Priest and Warlock. Today I've had "Black Planet" playing in my head all day.

What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

Erm. I have a G.E.D. I imagine myself going to college after the army gets old, and the only thing that really comes to mind as remotely interesting is Astronomy.

Why did you join?

My soon-to-be ex-wife totaled my car, and I've found myself spending a copius (borderline unhealthy) amount of time on the internet lately. :x

And stuff. My name is Chris. My username is Versus because I have an appreciation for conflict. And Street Fighter. I've served a tour in Iraq. I stand at 5 feet 1 inch (155 cm). My ego is much larger. I love breakfast food at all times of the day. My favorite display of the female form is what I call "underboob." It's like upside cleavage, if you're not familiar. And my favorite kind of sex is morning sex.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:59 AM   #2
Pineapple_Juice

no me gusta underboob.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:29 AM   #3
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
no me gusta underboob.
wut y.

Sideboob is good, too.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:13 AM   #4
Fruitbat

Astronomy is cool. I love planetariums. Used to do a lot of star-gazing about a decade ago. Had me own telescope and would get up at 2am to see the stars.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:56 AM   #5
ape descendant

....you!!! *hisses*

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:27 AM   #6
Versus

Astronomy is cool. I love planetariums. Used to do a lot of star-gazing about a decade ago. Had me own telescope and would get up at 2am to see the stars.

Yeah, it figures I would be fascinated by something so fucking interesting, but so damn irrelevant.

Ape Descendant. D: You can't hiss at me in my own introduction thread! It's the place where get to know each other, not presume to know about each other.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:46 AM   #7
ape descendant

I get to hiss at you, wherever I like.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:11 PM   #8
Fruitbat

Astronomy isn't that irrelevant. I think there are loads of cool stuff to do - like use really large telescopes to explore the universe.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:41 PM   #9
Garethsteen

I love Astronomy, I used to have a telescope but couldn't really use it much due to light pollution.
Garethsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #10
Fruitbat

Gareth - used to drive for almost two hours to get away from the city lights, when we wanted to look at serious stuff, like sombero's hat (sp?) or orion's belt.

There is nothing quite like the stars in the outback - so clear - they are beautiful.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:22 PM   #11
Versus

There is something to be said about the sky away from the city. Something I like to do is take some sort of light amplification device and look at the sky. I can often see shades of Nebula and stuff.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:46 PM   #12
Garethsteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
Gareth - used to drive for almost two hours to get away from the city lights, when we wanted to look at serious stuff, like sombero's hat (sp?) or orion's belt.

There is nothing quite like the stars in the outback - so clear - they are beautiful.
The only time I could really use my telescope was when I visited my grandparent's farm. It was far enough away from the town so the lights weren't a problem and I just walked across some fields to escape the farmhouse lights. The night sky always manages to take my breath away.
Garethsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:58 PM   #13
Fruitbat

Gareth - it takes my breath away as well. I used to lay on a banana lounge and watch the stars, wearing fifty layers of clothes. My fondest memory is standing on a clifftop, at sunset, with my 4.5" dobsonian watching Comet Hyakutake. Had a crowd of kids around me all hanging out to look through the telescope at the comet. It was manual, so I kept having to move it to track the comet. I think I saw it for a whole 10 seconds!

It makes me want to jump in the car and drive to the outback away from the air and light pollution just to gaze at the stars.