Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 06-07-2007, 04:12 PM   #1
biohazard

Hairstyle

I was wondering how do you people style your hair? I want recomendations for mine. Mine is currently dark brown and long, with a fringe that goes up to my mouth (it looks kinda emoish). How should I style my hair? I currently like it the way it is, but I want to make it look better. I will see if I get permission to dye it, if not, I just have to wait a few years until I leave home.
biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:22 PM   #2
Lestiet

Well, I used to have *really* long dark brown hair. Then early spring I got it cut up to my chin in an Amelie-ish sort of fashion. Now it's still pretty short, but I just straighten it. If I let it stay natural it just results in curling up at the ends. Which is too cute for my tastes. So yeah, straightening every morning.
Lestiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:21 PM   #3
kitten

I had really long hair like your, then I got it cut like this and wore headbands (but mine was more like REALLY short in the back ad chin length in the front, but now it's grown out allot)

http://www.bobpage.de/pageboy/col2.jpg
Old 06-18-2007, 01:08 PM   #4
ainmhí

My hair was shoulder length until 2 weeks ago. Now it's really short and all I have to do in the morning is wash, add a little gel and go. I am however going to grow it back out to at least chin length. My goal is to have something like this:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f5...ob_profile.gif

When it was longer I would either wear a headband or tuck the sides behind my ears.
ainmhí is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:18 PM   #5
Zakyath

A couple of bottles hairspray and it usually turns out fine Doesn't really matter how it looks after. Blame it on the dog if anyone comments...
Zakyath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:13 PM   #6
Graveyard.Crow

Cut your hair into Bettie Page style
Old 07-18-2007, 11:56 AM   #7
biohazard

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for new hairstyles. I am accepting suggestion from anyone (preferable from guys, but girls can also suggest about the hairstyles of ther boyfriends). It seems my parents hate my current hairstyle, and I want to find something that I like as well.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:59 AM   #8
Solumina

well it really depends a lot on your face shape and hair type, my advice is to go to a wig store and try on a bunch until you find something that you like
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:00 PM   #9
kimaru

Just a warning, but if you decide to dye your hair black it is really hard to get out. And when you get roots if your natural color is much lighter than black it looks like you have a skunk line done your head...
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:13 PM   #10
Miss Happy Cat

I was having the same dilemma with my hair while I had it burgundy. Every four weeks I had to color the roots to keep from looking like a demented skunk. I finally gave up, chopped it off and went back to coloring it a dark brown. At least by the time a month goes by, the brown as faded and I don’t notice my roots showing as much.
Miss Happy Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:24 PM   #11
kimaru

I had to get the black striped out , I had to use a deep conditioner every day.It took a whole year before it was back to normal.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:43 PM   #12
Miss Happy Cat

I’ve been there; I dyed it black, didn’t like it and stripped it out a few weeks later. Only I ended up with a stick, mushy mess on my head. There was no amount of conditioner that could fix it.

I think once my hair is the length I want it; I’m going to leave it alone. It’s is going to take a couple of years though to get it back to the shoulder length I had it.
Miss Happy Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:41 PM   #13
kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimaru
Just a warning, but if you decide to dye your hair black it is really hard to get out. And when you get roots if your natural color is much lighter than black it looks like you have a skunk line done your head...
My sister wanted to dye her hair back to her normal Platinum Blond after dying itblack. It was horrible. She turned out with near white Roots with red, yellow and brown streaks all through it. Thank god She was visiting me when I did this to her, cause my neighbor is a cosmetologist. It looks allot better now, but there was only so much she could do.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:48 PM   #14
Solumina

I have heard so many horror stories about trying to get rid of black hair but is it really bad even if you just want to change it to a dark brown? The reason I ask is that I am planning on dyeing my hair a blue/black with dark blue highlights but as much as I think I like it if I end up not liking it I know that I like my hair dark brown so I would really be a lot more comfortable if I knew that was an option.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-18-2007, 11:02 PM   #15
Haunted House

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten
My sister wanted to dye her hair back to her normal Platinum Blond after dying itblack. It was horrible. She turned out with near white Roots with red, yellow and brown streaks all through it.
You mean like what happened to me the other day?
http://photos-898.ll.facebook.com/ph...93346_7430.jpg
Old 07-18-2007, 11:36 PM   #16
KontanKarite

Robert Smith rat nest.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:05 AM   #17
Heatherzilla

If you like yor hair how it is I suggest not doing anything permanent This place has some awesome hairstyles you might like to try. As for bleaching hair; chances are it's going to end up feeling like straw unless you get a really, really good hairdresser to do it and even then there's no guarantees.
Heatherzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:36 AM   #18
Totschläger

i've been thinking about dying my hair some kind of blue. i'm open to suggestions about hair style, if anyone wants to comment. i'm not seeing a lot of people over the summer, so its okay if it ends up a mess somehow.
Totschläger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:39 AM   #19
kimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
I have heard so many horror stories about trying to get rid of black hair but is it really bad even if you just want to change it to a dark brown? The reason I ask is that I am planning on dyeing my hair a blue/black with dark blue highlights but as much as I think I like it if I end up not liking it I know that I like my hair dark brown so I would really be a lot more comfortable if I knew that was an option.

If you don't want your hair to be stripped it's damn near impossible to get it lighter than black with good results.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:49 PM   #20
childofdarkness

When I die my hair black... I just wait for it to grow out! However I have naturally dark brown hair, so the roots don't look THAT bad either...
Or use semi-permanent black dye, it usually washes out after a few months!
childofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:49 PM   #21
biohazard

My hair color is a very very dark brown that looks almost black, so there is really no need to dye it. I would never dye it a light color.

Oh and by the way...I am a male. The site you sent, Heatherzilla, has female hairstyles.

I am also open to suggestions from hairstyles you g-netters use, or your bf`s hairstyle. It would be wise to post a photo of myself, so here is one of how it is now:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6cson08
Old 07-20-2007, 10:45 AM   #22
Solumina

I wish that I could help but about 90% of the guys I know are of the "damn my hair is getting in my eyes I better get it cut" school of thought. Although Jake does care a great deal about his but his hair and face shape are quite different from yours
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-20-2007, 06:53 PM   #23
Sovetcke

I think your hair looks just fine at the moment .

My hair is kind of dry and wavy , can't post a url seems it is not allowed since am still new .. you can click on my avatar there is a pic of me .

I would like suggestions about male hair too .
Sovetcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 06:22 AM   #24
badteccy

Currently my hair is black, shoulder length, and boring. I plan to get a kickass cut EVENTUALLY....
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 08:42 AM   #25
spooky_lullabye

My hair cut is short and messy, I can spike it out or hawk it if I want to.The hawk doesn't look great though cause I don't want to shave the sides. So normally I just spike it out with hair glue. It's a dark red under natural sun light,it looks of brownish under artificial lighting.
spooky_lullabye is offline   Reply With Quote