Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 10-23-2007, 08:49 PM   #26
MaverickZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLucretia
You know, you're not very good at proving your own points, but you sure are good at proving mine.
Just because most of the people on here don't understand your sarcasm and cattiness, doesn't make you any less of a bitch for those of us who can.
MaverickZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:25 PM   #27
Wormboy

You don't truly need proof, more so than you need a general knowledge of economics and common sense.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:26 PM   #28
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
It gets worse: they also do not get any health insurance because they are undocumented workers in menial jobs without benefits, and so wait until they are nearly at death's door to get medical attaention from Emergency Room doactors, who cannot turn them down, and so the E.R. fills up with them so when a legal citizen who is in dire need of emergency help (like I was a week ago) comes in, they have to wait behind 30 Javier Gonzales Oswaldo Guadalupe Juniors to be seen by the doctor. And all the undocumented workers are told by experienced illegals to use a certain name when they check in, so it is under a name already in the hospital databse, and they can rip off taxpayers too in addition to the hospital.

Picture a lifeboat, made for 7 people, doing fine in the ocean, and then 47 others are trying to climb into the boat.

Hand me an oar. I want to feed the fish.
Here you are sir, one oar, and free with purchase, today only, here is your complimentary harpoon and flare gun. Thank you for shopping.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:29 PM   #29
MaverickZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
You don't truly need proof, more so than you need a general knowledge of economics and common sense.
At least someone around here has a brain.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:04 PM   #30
LadyLucretia

Quote:
How do a general knowledge of economics and common sense show that illegal immigrants are getting lower mortgage rates because they are illegals?
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:25 PM   #31
MaverickZero

Quote:
How do a general knowledge of economics and common sense show that illegal immigrants are getting lower mortgage rates because they are illegals?
You should really stop talking if you don't know what the hell you're talking about. It is common knowledge. I'm not about to sit here and teach an economics lesson, because you are too thick skulled to listen.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:56 PM   #32
Wormboy

Quote:
I was commenting on the fact illegal aliens are fucking the economy over....

Old 10-26-2007, 03:14 AM   #33
CptSternn

The American economy is built on the works of illegal immigrants. Always has been. Thats why even the right wing won't make a move against them.

A few million marched in parades around the nation a while back - not one was arrested.

Sure, the government goes and arrested 30 here 40 there to look like they are doing something, but they all know if they sent them all back, every crop in America would go away with them.

As I said, mortgage lenders love to give them mortgages. Not the ones your thinking of, the seedier lenders - the ones who gave out all those dogy loans which are causing issues now. They get their money back one way or another either through the immigrants which they over-charge and hit with so many surcharges they end up paying more than any American every would, or the bail out they get from the US government once the illegal defaults on the mortgage (and they then re-sell the house at a higher market value pocketing the money they took from the illegals).
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 07:15 PM   #34
LadyLucretia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickZero
I'm not about to sit here and teach an economics lesson
How about I do it for you then? Gather round kids, there be some edumacatin goin on 'round here! Let's get our learn on!

MAVERICK ZERO'S ECONOMICS 101

Lesson 1: Money is good.

Lesson 2: Money is green, but sometimes blue but I can't remember where I read that.

Lesson 3: Illegal immigrants are polluting the ozone. Don't question it. You're being thick skulled. I don't need sources, I am above sources you idiot! This is common knowledge because I said so! It doesn't matter that I just made that up and now can't find a single source supporting it! You're just a bitch and a cunt and I hate you shuptup you right wing asshole who knows nothing!!!!!!
()*%$)#(U#9)%U(#)$U#()$U#)($!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

::head explodes::
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:41 PM   #35
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
I'm in a political activist club composed mostly of pre-law and business majors.
Explain to me how come our knowledge of economics and our common sense differ almost entirely with you.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:45 PM   #36
MaverickZero

The question still stands however... Why are people who do not take the right steps to enter the country, allowed to circumvent the system in place that the rest of the citizens have to go though?

It's a question of what is right for the taxpayers, not for the palms of the government.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:52 PM   #37
Godslayer Jillian

I agree with you so long as we are talking about the legal system.
But why would I agree with a legal system I don't support? The sole fact that there's such a thing as an arbitrarily assigned 'border' is nothing but nationalism in all its 21st century glory.
There's no such things as boundaries in the world, and believing there should be amounts to nothing productive.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:58 PM   #38
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian
There's no such things as boundaries in the world, and believing there should be amounts to nothing productive.
You accurately describe the direction the educated world is headed towards Jillian, but even among Mexicans there is a desire for borders and stratification.

You don't have to take my word for it: Pretend to mistake a Guadalaharan for a Chihuahuan, or vice versa, and see how angry they get, they may even pull out a gun in reaction as they regard being wrongly confused for a resident of a mere geographical location as an insult. Try insulting a Guadalaharan. Most Mexicans willingly adhere to geographical separations.

My point is most people WANT borders. Most people WANT nationalism.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:03 PM   #39
Godslayer Jillian

And that doesn't make it justifiable. Mexico also has border issues. People come illegally from Guatemala and Belize to the southern peninsula, and they are imprisoned if they are caught. I also disagree with Mexico's policies; I also try to raise consciousness of people that sympathize with illegal immigrants for purely ethnocentric reasons.
I know I'm mostly traveling against the current in all aspects of my life, but that does not make me wrong, and I can justify my stance any day, which is all I ask from people that antagonize my opinions.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 10-27-2007, 09:28 PM   #40
MaverickZero

Well... borders are figurative.. but when it comes down to it, it's the same as if a homeless person was to just climb in your back window and start eating out of your fridge.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:28 AM   #41
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
And that doesn't make it justifiable. Mexico also has border issues. People come illegally from Guatemala and Belize to the southern peninsula, and they are imprisoned if they are caught. I also disagree with Mexico's policies; I also try to raise consciousness of people that sympathize with illegal immigrants for purely ethnocentric reasons.
I know I'm mostly traveling against the current in all aspects of my life, but that does not make me wrong, and I can justify my stance any day, which is all I ask from people that antagonize my opinions.
Hang in there. Your direction is the one that will benefit mankind in the long run. You will find more and more who agree with your direction. Eventually economics will drive it to the logical conclusion: a world based economy, with a world based monetary unit and world based taxes.

Then the human race will begin to accomplish some MAJOR things! Once unified we will be unstoppable.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:53 PM   #42
Godslayer Jillian

I'd change some things in your conclusion:
A world wide community, with a community based economic system.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 10-28-2007, 08:21 PM   #43
Wormboy

You all have entirely too much faith in humanity.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:51 PM   #44
MaverickZero

Yeah... I doubt there would ever be such a perfection or likemindedness achieved. It doesn't seem to work anywhere in the world... there is simply too much diversity, and ways of doing things.

In a sense, it's what the Islamic extremists are trying to do... trying to convert everyone in the world to Islam, by any means necessary.

One day, I'm sure we will just have to choose what flag to fly and be at that... but our society is too much based on patriotism to let someone else's culture tell us what to do...