Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:57 PM   #101
TheFeatheredÆtheling

Perhaps I can help bring some closure to this issue (the whole derailment of Alan's post) by apologizing to everyone who I've insulted by my ravings the other night.

Gothicus, I know that nothing I could write here will have any effect upon your tough-as-nails self, positive or negative, but I'd like to apologise anyway because I was obviously wrong. First of all, my ramblings were as you pointed out insane. Judging you by your internet persona was completely childish of me. Of course, I have no business assessing your character; I do not know you in the least. Also, in repeatedly calling you an "asshole", I've myself behaved like an "asshole"; and I admit it to anyone who has had to read those immature, spiteful remarks. As everyone's been saying, your approach to women is not necessarily bad; at least you're honest. Also, accusing you of soliciting prostitutes was completely groundless; I'm sure that it's not really the case. Also, you're definitely not pathetic in any way. If you enjoy debate, that's ok. I understand that it's a valid skill. I may not like how you disparage people here, but I won't judge you for it. You can and will do whatever you like, and I won't bother you again. I insulted you in so many personal ways that were absurd; and there's no excuse.

If I may give you a compliment, I appreciated your criticism of my poem. You are likely one of the only people on this site that can find grammatical/compositional/punctuation errors in my submitted works, and I respect that. You may have noticed that even in my hateful tirade, I didn't insult your intelligence. You're extremely clever; obviously, no one questions that. Again, I'm sorry for everything I wrote to you.

JCC. and JCC, I did not even realise that you were two different people, and all of my comments to you two were completely crazy and inacurate. I'm too confused about you guys to even know what to write except that I'm sorry. Whichever one of you who I wrote was "gay" was right in your retort ~ absolute immaturity on my part. You shouldn't be offended by someone as confused as I was. Nonetheless, I'm sorry if my comments caused you any displeasure in the slightest.

Miss Saya, I didn't mean my childish "you are gay" comment literally in any sense, just as the one who said "this is gay" didn't mean it literally. I wasn't thinking. I kind of doubt that this phrase is a big issue compared to all of the other wicked rot that I wrote to everyone. However, if this phrase was really offensive, I'm sorry to anyone who was hurt by it.

Ben, your message to me was right on. As you wrote, I've only been here for a short time, but you seem to me to be gnet's "consistantly level-headed nice guy". You're even nice in your arguments. I respect all of your posts, and I hope that you won't consider me your enemy for insinuating that you "cowtow" to anyone here. That comment was narrow-minded, and I know that it wasn't true. And as you stated, Gothicus is definitely not always a jerk; he contributes both much-needed, constructive criticism and even some humour in spite of his course style. Anyway, I'll be blown-away if you hold my past rudeness to you against me.

Miss Underwater Ophelia, you seem to have disappeared from this thread, but if you're reading this; I'm sorry to you too. I insulted you by my "cowtowing" statement as well. It's definitely not true. If anyone in this whole thread made himself look bad, it was I.

Miss Descendant and Lady Ophelia, nice of you two to try to back me up, but I was clearly wrong about my posts, and I regret posting them. I handled the situation in the worst way possible.

Finally Allan, I know that this thread began to be derailed before I arrived, but I'm certainly the one responsible for the utter train wreck that it's become.

And to ANY other gnet members who I've managed to piss off, I'm sorry for it. I'd like to be a contributer of good things here and not trollish nonsense like the stuff I posted earlier in this thread. This apology is sincere; do with it as you will.
TheFeatheredÆtheling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:02 AM   #102
Ben Lahnger

Hey, Ætheling, I'm only going to speak for myself, but there is much more soul-searching thoughtfulness in that gracious apology that I could have anticipated. I appreciate the effort.

I don't generally hold grudges on the internet (I reserve that for IRL - someday I'll talk about my SO's oldest daughter, the wicked witch to the east. I haven't wished for a house to fall on her ... yet.) The internet is anonymous and somewhat ephemeral (let's ignore archive.org for the moment.) And heated discussions, especially in this place, abound. There were comments about people's intelligence on both sides of the discussion that might deserve redress.

The thing I do is start each post in a different thread with a fresh mindset. So while I might have had an emotional reaction and posted a countering comment to AD here, in another thread a little later I was posting helpful links on where she might be able to buy a skull mug. In other words, I treated this thread as a self-contained argument and did not let what happened here color my judgment of people's character or behavior in other threads.

To reuse an analogy that came up earlier, I know people who like Twilight. Overall, they're decent people and I take them as a whole, instead of identifying them by one or two characteristics that I might not care for. I believe you've done the same in your assessment of GM.

Again, I can't speak for others, but I like what you wrote in that last post, and consider the incident "water under the bridge."

*edit* - Oh, and the "consistently level-headed nice guy" crown around here goes to Humane Pain, a good young fellow who teaches me a thing or two from time to time.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #103
JCC.

Thumbs up

Fuck, I am a beautiful man.
JCC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:13 PM   #104
KontanKarite

I'm actually quite beautiful... o_0

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:45 PM   #105
Underwater Ophelia

Wait, what? When the fuck did I defend you?

Also, I'm not a fucking lady.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:05 PM   #106
JCC.

Exclamation

Ophelia, tell me you want me.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:16 PM   #107
TheFeatheredÆtheling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Wait, what? When the fuck did I defend you?

Also, I'm not a fucking lady.
Sorry about that; I meant Lady Cthulhu.
TheFeatheredÆtheling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:24 AM   #108
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC. View Post
Ophelia, tell me you want me.
I just thought of a way to make reading gnet twice as interesting: pretend Duckman is masturbating furiously whenever he posts.

On second thought, what I mean to say is that I just realized Duckman is masturbating furiously whenever he posts.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:10 AM   #109
Catch

I agree completely.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:31 AM   #110
JCC.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
I just thought of a way to make reading gnet twice as interesting: pretend Duckman is masturbating furiously whenever he posts.

On second thought, what I mean to say is that I just realized Duckman is masturbating furiously whenever he posts.
SAY MY NAME!!!!

85% of my posting time is spent in various stages of undress.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:24 PM   #111
Catch

I've got it!!!

Oh JCC you're so hot. I want you. I want bad.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:43 PM   #112
JCC.

Thumbs down

I wish I was dead.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:37 AM   #113
vindicatedxjin

Can I run over you with a john deere tractor?

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:50 AM   #114
JCC.

Thumbs down

I would not fuck you with a tree whilst wearing a hazmat suit, what the fuck makes you think I want you near enough to run over me? I'm thrilled we're not on the same continent. That anthrax shit a while back? That wasn't anthrax. They had it tested, and it was residue from all the shitty foundation you pile on your gro-fuckig-tesque fizzog. You're so God damn ugly, your own make up gave up and ran away.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:23 AM   #115
vindicatedxjin

What you meant to say is that you want to fuck me, you wish we were on the same continent, and you think I'm beautiful.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 07-20-2010, 07:33 AM   #116
JCC.

Thumbs down

You wish that were so. I would be ashamed to be the same gender as you.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:45 AM   #117
Still Jack

I'm so desired people want to make underwear out of my pubes.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:08 AM   #118
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
You wish that were so. I would be ashamed to be the same gender as you.
What you meant is that you think I'm amazing.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 07-20-2010, 08:41 AM   #119
Alan

After Catch posting here and Ape being an idiot, you posting bullshit about you being pretty is the most offensive thing I've seen in this thread.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:25 AM   #120
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
After Catch posting here and Ape being an idiot, you posting bullshit about you being pretty is the most offensive thing I've seen in this thread.
Hun, that coming from you is no surprise.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 07-20-2010, 12:05 PM   #121
honeythorn

Quote:
SAY MY NAME!!!!

85% of my posting time is spent in various stages of undress.
Yesyesyes but have you got your dress and ears on this time?
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:28 PM   #122
JCC.

Thumbs up

Right now I'm wearing socks and a hat.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:21 PM   #123
Cruven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
Don't ever "steal" a chick. If she can be "stolen" you don't want her.
^This msg2shrt
Cruven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #124
Alan

Bitch ain't paid me yet. It's been more than half a year.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:47 PM   #125
Underwater Ophelia

Money is probably gone...

That really sucks.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote