Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:43 AM   #1
Entity0013

Just me.

Hey! How goes it? I just randomly stumbled across this site while wasting my time as an insomniac and doing random google searches.

Sex: Male
Interests: Reading. Writing. Listening to music. Watching messed up movies or internet videos. Researching various random things in an effort to know a little bit about a lot while trying to not accomplish anything. Cats. Cartoons.

Well if thats not good enough; you can always try to ask me anything you want to know.

Cya.
Entity0013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:33 PM   #2
Entity0013

Sorry for not seeing this earlier...

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
Read. Random science projects at home. Make useful things out of busted electronics

2. Where are you from?

3. Who is your favorite author?
I have several. Stephen King, Terry Goodkind, Stephen Lawhead and Kurt Vonnegut and David Eddings just to name a few.

4. What are your favorite films?
Any zombie movie is worth watching at least once. Any kind of horror movie... Dead Girl, August Underground, Seven, The Collector, Human Centipede... There's just so many.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
That's a funny thought.

6. At your funeral?
Never really thought about it. Probably the Chicken Dance song. Over and over and over again.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Bitter and old or if the conditions are right turned into a zombie.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
I'll probably just need an urn for a couple of hours.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
All Black... All of my outfits are pretty much the same... I really liked a Twiztid shirt I had once that said "die mutha fucka die" on it... was a great shirt.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Innocence.

11. What's your favorite band?
Gwar, Children of Bodom, David Bowie, (I really have no idea why) Cradle of Filth, The Cure, Styx... Not in this order lol this is just how they came to me... I listen to a lot of different stuff.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
Some college, I'm about to switch my major to biology.

13. Why did you join?
Pure and utter boredom.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:34 PM   #3
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entity0013 View Post
Sorry for not seeing this earlier...
Sorry, too late, I've already made up my mind to completely detest you, and no bribe of cookies, frozen custard, or root beer could possibly ever change my mind.
Read. Random science projects at home. Make useful things out of busted electronicscan't go wrong with any of that

2. Where are you from?
seems like a rather difficult location to pronounce
3. Who is your favorite author?
I have several. Stephen King, Terry Goodkind, Stephen Lawhead and Kurt Vonnegut and David Eddings just to name a few.

4. What are your favorite films?
Any zombie movie is worth watching at least once. Any kind of horror movie... Dead Girl, August Underground, Seven, The Collector, Human Centipede... There's just so many.
eh only zombie film I've ever gotten up the courage to see is return of the night of the living dead, found it quite funny, as it was meant to be. As for the rest I haven't seen any of them, and think the creator of the human centipede is a person with a social disconnect seeking to get attention through shock, like a disturbingly high amount of celebrities these days.
5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
That's a funny thought.
never give up hope
6. At your funeral?
Never really thought about it. Probably the Chicken Dance song. Over and over and over again.
not going to that funeral, my mind plays random songs over and over again enough as it is without contributing to the problem.
7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Bitter and old or if the conditions are right turned into a zombie.
afraid I can't let you do that star fox
8. What kind of casket would you want?
I'll probably just need an urn for a couple of hours.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
All Black... All of my outfits are pretty much the same... I really liked a Twiztid shirt I had once that said "die mutha fucka die" on it... was a great shirt.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Innocence.
I find innocence isn't something you lose, its something you give up.
11. What's your favorite band?
Gwar, Children of Bodom, David Bowie, (I really have no idea why) Cradle of Filth, The Cure, Styx... Not in this order lol this is just how they came to me... I listen to a lot of different stuff.
While you will find a significant amount of us agreeing with your taste in the the Cure and Bowie,I fear much of our music section will not be to your liking, given how goths like many of ourselves tend to have differing music tastes from an apparent metalhead such as yourself. Though if you would like we could provide an introductory sample to some of our sort of music.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
Some college, I'm about to switch my major to biology.
switching your major from what?
13. Why did you join?
Pure and utter boredom.
while I doubt such a thing can truly be found in its pure form, it is a great motivator and is likely the major cause of all our arrivals here
I think I like the look of this green text, maybe I'll use it more often.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:38 PM   #4
Entity0013

Switching from engineering.
I'm always on the look out for new good music, anything you could recommend? so I can determine if I need to disassociate or what not.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:42 AM   #5
CuckooTuli

Hi Entity!

So you're a Vonnegut fan - I fucking love Vonnegut! Re: the music, I'm not sure what you're into (naming the first few bands to mind on questionnaires liek this doesn't really tell you that much about a person's taste), but based on what I've seen I think you might like Dog Fashion Disco, The Fall or Puscifer.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:15 AM   #6
wolf moon

I'm not making fun of you here, but... Styx? Dennis DeYoung is one of my dad's best friends and even I don't like Styx. I'm actually sort of impressed and not even sure why.
wolf moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:29 AM   #7
CyanideandRaspberryTea

Nothing wrong with a bit of COF or Gwar Goth and metal music hold hands and cuddle on my iPod.
CyanideandRaspberryTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:28 AM   #8
Grausamkeit

^I totally want to see that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
Hi Entity!

So you're a Vonnegut fan - I fucking love Vonnegut! Re: the music, I'm not sure what you're into (naming the first few bands to mind on questionnaires liek this doesn't really tell you that much about a person's taste), but based on what I've seen I think you might like Dog Fashion Disco, The Fall or Puscifer.
Puscifer! Excellent choice!

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:15 AM   #9
Versus

Dog Fashion Disco is pretty alright. Desert Grave is an awesome song.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:07 AM   #10
Acharis

Welcome!

Quote:

Read. Random science projects at home. Make useful things out of busted electronics.
That sounds pretty cool. Someone linked me these projects, I've yet to get off my arse and wrap my head round the information... assuming it's possible for me to learn it... but you might like a look. http://geekyprojects.com/old-compute...computer-uses/
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:38 AM   #11
Entity0013

Acharis, some of those projects look pretty interesting! I wanted to turn my broken alienware into a projector but the screen is what went out, so scratch that idea!

I'm currently trying to grow mycelium but dealing with the cold is somewhat troublesome. I'm contemplating building an incubator just not exactly sure how much I want to spend or how I want to go about it.

Yes, I'm enough of a loser to have the time to watch fungus grow.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:06 AM   #12
Acharis

Bummer...

Well living graffiti doesn't need an incubator. You could make living art with moss - using the beer recipe, the yoghurt recipe, or the buttermilk recipe.

And you're not a loser, you don't know the weird shit I've spent chunks of free time on. Meep...
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:13 AM   #13
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Dog Fashion Disco is pretty alright. Desert Grave is an awesome song.
Good call.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:33 AM   #14
CyanideandRaspberryTea

@Grausamkeit: It's ridiculous, they both get a little too amourous for my liking sometimes -__-
CyanideandRaspberryTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #15
Grausamkeit

Lol ^_^

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #16
Entity0013

Yes I'm a Vonnegut fan! So far I've read God Bless you Dr.Korvorkian, Welcome to the Monkey House and Slaughter House 5. I had a whole stack of other books by him I meant to read but in my last move those along with a lot of my other things got lost.

I need to get back into going to the library.

And I'm not making art. The northwest is known for having a wonderful variety of indigenous mushroom strains. I've been getting pretty into identification and taking spore prints for later inoculation, this is my first attempt at colonization though. (This fascination is part of what prompted my change in major.)
Old 11-25-2011, 01:49 AM   #17
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Acharis, some of those projects look pretty interesting! I wanted to turn my broken alienware into a projector but the screen is what went out, so scratch that idea!

I'm currently trying to grow mycelium but dealing with the cold is somewhat troublesome. I'm contemplating building an incubator just not exactly sure how much I want to spend or how I want to go about it.
Kay, so come the collapse of civilisation, I'm with this guy and his tech skills. I don't think the zombie hoardes/Gayboy Berserkers/whatever would be too impressed with mine - whenever some nice friend fixes my computer for me, I feel like I'm watching some kind of voodoo.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:08 AM   #18
Beowulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanideandRaspberryTea View Post
Nothing wrong with a bit of COF or Gwar Goth and metal music hold hands and cuddle on my iPod.

Its always cool to see people with an open mind and open heart towards music, , I bet you have a really interesting playlist !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:42 PM   #19
Kasdeja

Quote:
Renatus, you can't pronounce Salem?

Hey, Entity, I'm another Oregon spag... I'm up in PDX.

(by the way, Ren, it's pronounced O-reh-gun.)

Props to Spooky Spencer for the 'shopped avatar!
If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.
Kasdeja is offline   Reply With Quote