Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 07-09-2006, 08:04 PM   #1
Katshin88@Gmail.com

The Evil Rock Music.....oooooo scary

Anyone find this interesting? I thought this was kind of funny. What do you think?

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils...vils_music.htm
Katshin88@Gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 08:15 PM   #2
happy_dude

Location: I'm underneath the sink, now what do you think, living under my sink?
That is funny I especially lik this page http://www.av1611.org/666/rock_666.html
Wow, what do you know not one Goth band has been included! They didn't even put Christian Death in, for shame.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:32 AM   #3
cradle

Would that qualify as a joke?
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:35 AM   #4
chelseagirl

Reading it is actually pretty scary. Religious fanatics give me the Heebie-jeebies. I don't see how ANY sane person can sit there and say that a type of music causes people to kill and commit acts of violence.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:37 AM   #5
Draconysius

It's actually more frightening or astonishing than humorous. It's frightening to think that people can use religion as such a powerful crutch, and astonishing that people can make such close-minded connections. I mean, Jesus can be a Satan-worshiper if enough connections are given. It's absolutely ridiculous. I wonder why they didn't include any Black or Death metal, though. Most of those are outwardly Satanic, but whatever.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:45 AM   #6
chelseagirl

The person responsible for this site, in my opinion, is deeply disturbed. He's pulling insane satanic conspiracies out of the air, and he admits feeling tremendous guilt for the fact that his "flesh loves rock and roll" because he knows it's evil. It makes me wonder if he suffers from schizophrenia and/or another disorder.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:36 PM   #7
OnyxBloodXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseagirl
Reading it is actually pretty scary. Religious fanatics give me the Heebie-jeebies. I don't see how ANY sane person can sit there and say that a type of music causes people to kill and commit acts of violence.
same here... remember back at Columbine? and also when Dimbag was killed.... everyone thinks rock music is a bad influence.... hell, i say rap is what screws people up. listen to the words, you'll know what i mean.
OnyxBloodXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:29 AM   #8
Crimson_Terror

I actually thought it was more funny than "frightening". Chances are that it's just a joke. But who knows? There are some crazy people out there...
Crimson_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 03:47 AM   #9
Falken

Yeah society can get quite carried away with being "holier than thou" and censorship.

One of the best ever rants on censorship was done by Jello Biafra in his "High Priest of Harmful Matter" spoken word albums. Link to cool place to buy punk items from like Jello's spoken word stuff
Falken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:14 AM   #10
cradle

Don't mean to get off topic but Falken, where did you get that avatar?
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:28 AM   #11
LadyTsepish

This website has to be a parody site. So, calm down people. Most likely this is a site made in order to make fun of religious zealots. If anyone has seen landoverbaptist.com, it's the same thing.
LadyTsepish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:58 AM   #12
cradle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTsepish
This website has to be a parody site. So, calm down people. Most likely this is a site made in order to make fun of religious zealots. If anyone has seen landoverbaptist.com, it's the same thing.
haha I went there and stole an avatar...

ACCEPT CHRIST AND GET A FREE PS2....

haha
Old 07-14-2006, 03:24 PM   #13
williamgallows†

Location: Currently Henderson, TN. Originally from Glasgow, Scotland till 2003
Actually, I don't think this website is a joke. I have had frequent dealing with these types of over-zelous, right wing conservative christians over the past few years (my uni is FULL of them, and I myself have found myself written up on a website for some of my beliefs!) and they are deadlys erious. They see that it is there mission to expose the sins of everyone and everything, instead of doing what Christ wanted and just living in harmony with each other and spreading His message. Fundies like this make me laugh, they are so misguided its unreal at times.
williamgallows† is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:26 PM   #14
spookypurple

Smacks of being a genuine site.

Scary.

But I'd rather laugh at it. It feels more comfortable to laugh...

Like I said.... Scary.

Both that these people can be so seemingly narrow minded ( and the potential for what they could do) and that (as previously stated) they seemed to have missed the point a bit of the Christian thing. I'm betting Jesus would tell them to switch off their MTV and chill.

Hamlet
spookypurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:19 PM   #15
cradle

Yea totally, one guy i knew said that jesus would "donkey punch that fat bitch"
haha
some overchristian came up to him and started calling him a sinner...
Old 07-29-2006, 12:40 AM   #16
Defy

LOL

I do not believe in god or something like that, so I think it as a low class joke
Defy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:18 PM   #17
Minyaliel

I don't know what to think... I should probably be offended by the fact that that person links *shudder* Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys and all those bubblegum pop people to my religion, but this just makes me laugh and seriously pity this person. It's sick, and the attitude this person shows is revulsive and sickening. I know by my own experience, though, that fanatical believers of a faith can be dangerous. I don't feel like going into details... still trying to get over it... Anyway. What I think is rather funny, though, is that the person writing those articles really shows his/ her own ignorance concerning these things, even in the basic things; simple things like confusing pop music with rock etc. It's laughable, but disturbing. *shakes head* Crazy people...
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:01 PM   #18
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Thaat's funny. Although it pisses me off. They are giving shit to some of the world's greatest musicians. But still these narrow minded people make me laugh.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 04:11 PM   #19
Haunted House

I find it hilarious that even after 30 years, some people still can't see that Goth (Gothic Rock/Deathrock) and Metal (black/death/whichever) are two completly different genres. How is it so hard to tell the difference between two almost opposite sounds of music?