Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:39 AM   #26
Kanedawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
Magpies are common here in Ireland. They are brilliant birds. They grow to be almost two foot long, and are quite large. On top of this, they have a habit of stealing shiny things for their nests.

My mate works on cars, and we used to watch magpies fly down and swipe random screws, chunks of metal, and other bits and bobs that were left out around the area where he works on the cars.

At my in-laws house, I used to watch magpies steal spoons in the back garden almost weekly. They would take a spoon outside to use to get the food from the dog food can. If they left it outside on the small tabele beside the dog pen, you can bet a magpie would swoop down in the next 24 hours and carry off the spoon.

They are cool like that.

They have even tried to steal my wife's dresses off the clothes line - black ones with shiny metal bits always become a target. Luckily, they aren't as adept with dragging off a dress that is clipped tight on a clothes line.
That's quite interesting! And people will often consider birds of that general type such as crows to be pests.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:42 AM   #27
Signe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_dragon_of_ice
Do you know that humans are animals as well.
I am an animal, I tell ya, my mind is very primitive in some ways, yet people oftenly say I am extremely overintelligent. Well, I feel and think and I speak my mind openly, I do not see any point in lying, I am not ashamed of being naked, I eat with my hands, I get up and go to sleep whenever I feel like it, I do not care if people think I act like an Autistic little child, I will still act however I feel like at the moment, I talk to cats, my cat is like a daughter to me, I am in general nice to everybody, when harassed I get violent... ...Animal.

I love humans, they are so beautiful and precious and I especially like them when they are small and innocent, I want to be a kindergarten teacher, but some people are bad, they make me angry, because, even though all I do is be myself and do whatever I feel like, they pick on me or accuse me of lying, but people say it is because I am such an eccentric and so rare, that people get uncomfortable and do not know how to react. I guess that is right. But I cannot handle people reacting like that, because it is very mean and that makes me homicidal.

Here is me and my beloved beloved cousin Olga, in November 2007
http://files.myopera.com/NatureTruth...0signeolga.jpg
Signe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:53 AM   #28
Kanedawg

That's a nice picture, Signe. I would say that the one thing which I value in this world is innocent life, human and otherwise. I talk to animals too at times.

Yes, people challenge us to tolerate them, sometimes terribly. I would hope that you refrain from ever actually going homicidal on anyone. It has become somewhat easier for me over the years not to. I just found out last night that my girlfriend is being evaluated psychologically for whether she can stand trial for homicide. Homicide does tend to upset people! Good luck to you.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:54 AM   #29
Kanedawg

Speaking of tolerating people I must trot off to work. Have a good day.