Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:08 PM   #1
Deadmanwalking_05

Fired up,need to vent.

One thing that really gets me is a "Man" that beats on his woman,I ended up with a few lumps from guys that were beating on their woman until I stepped in,those cases were settled pretty quick by a few well placed punches and a stomp here or there.

Snapped one guys arm after he decided that I needed to mind my own business,and threw a sucker punch,he ended up pissing me off and was thrown through his cars front windshield,then I dragged him back out and almost beat him to death.

Abuse of a woman or child in my mind is the true sign of a coward.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:19 PM   #2
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05
One thing that really gets me is a "Man" that beats on his woman,I ended up with a few lumps from guys that were beating on their woman until I stepped in,those cases were settled pretty quick by a few well placed punches and a stomp here or there.

Snapped one guys arm after he decided that I needed to mind my own business,and threw a sucker punch,he ended up pissing me off and was thrown through his cars front windshield,then I dragged him back out and almost beat him to death.

You do realise you're abusing these guys too, don't you?

They won't stop doing it, and their wives won't leave them. All you probably did was hurt their masculinity, which will make them angry - and ten guesses where that anger goes....

This is violence again though. Tut tut.

NB. I am in no way condoning these men, they're disgusting.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:26 PM   #3
Deadmanwalking_05

It actually straightened a few of them out. (Very few but I think it gave them pause before they did so again)

In a few cases the ladies actually did get out of the relationship,the same can't be said for all cases but I like to think I kept a few ladies from ending up in worse shape)
Old 09-22-2008, 01:30 PM   #4
Duane

By beating up the guy? That sounds quite effective, better yet, bash their face in with a baseball bat.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:30 PM   #5
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
It actually straightened a few of them out. (Very few but I think it gave them pause before they did so again)

In a few cases the ladies actually did get out of the relationship,the same can't be said for all cases but I like to think I kept a few ladies from ending up in worse shape)
How many have you beaten up???

Abusive behaviour is psychological and compulsive, you don't 'stop' ever, you just move onto another partner.

I wonder if the women who left their partners balance out the ones who got beaten to a pulp to help restore their bloke's self esteem.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:33 PM   #6
Deadmanwalking_05

Four instances,three of them got the hell out,I don't know what happened with the fourth.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:38 PM   #7
onedarkly1

I have struggled with this one as well Dead Man Walking.

I once tried to help a wonderful young woman get out of an abusive relationship, but a few months later she was back with the offender. Of course she was banged up pretty good a few weeks after the return.

Having grappled with this myself, I believe your solution, violence, works in some cases and not in others. Depends on the offender, if they have only started abusing they may be more receptive to stopping, after a good ass whopping. I am not advocating violence, but I have seen situations where it has been used as an effective tool.

The challenge of course is knowing when to use it. and when not to use it.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:06 PM   #8
Deadmanwalking_05

Agreed.

I never got between a couple that was only arguing but when it turned violent I stepped in when I could.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:08 PM   #9
Duane

Using violence against violence, I love it.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:13 PM   #10
Saya

I have only had one friend who ever left an abusive relationship. Sadly most of the time when these things happen the girl finds it difficult to leave, and convincing them to do so is hard, let alone press charges agaisnt the guy. Usually whenever someone tried to step in the guy would take it out on the girl, and make her abandon her friends. I find those guys really try to make the woman dependant on him, you know? Its the saddest thing to see a friend go through.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:15 PM   #11
Deadmanwalking_05

Yeah it's rough for anyone involved.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:16 PM   #12
Duane

I have a question. What if it was a guy who was in an abusive relationship? Would you step in, and the beat chick up who was abusing him?
Old 09-22-2008, 02:18 PM   #13
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
Using violence against violence, I love it.
Well it kind of goes back to the old saying "Fight fire with fire"

The only difference is the application.

I'm a bit bias in that a man is usually (In the physical sense) stronger than the woman and it's best if the guy removes himself from that situation.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:19 PM   #14
Valravn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiUsAiDh
You do realise you're abusing these guys too, don't you?

They won't stop doing it, and their wives won't leave them. All you probably did was hurt their masculinity, which will make them angry - and ten guesses where that anger goes....

This is violence again though. Tut tut.

NB. I am in no way condoning these men, they're disgusting.
I must say at least they get an idea of what they are actually doing to the woman instead of simply hitting her for years without getting anything back cuz the woman doesnt react at all.
Valravn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:26 PM   #15
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valravn
I must say at least they get an idea of what they are actually doing to the woman instead of simply hitting her for years without getting anything back cuz the woman doesnt react at all.

You'd be amazed at how thick headed some people are. Chances are, no, they won't have an epiphany and say "Is this what I was doing to her?" Chances are he's thinking "Fucking bitch is going to pay."
Old 09-22-2008, 02:31 PM   #16
Duane

Wait. So, what if the guy can't remove himself from that situation?
Old 09-22-2008, 02:43 PM   #17
Deadmanwalking_05

My advice Duane is for the guy in question is to capture her arms,and to contain her until she calms down.

Or do what I did with E.C. (She pulled my own gun on me,knives,and struck me)

I disarmed her in both instances,and I didn't hurt her once. (Yes the handgun was fully loaded,with one in the chamber and her finger on the trigger,she also didn't expect my hands to be that quick)

When she hit me with her fist I got in her face and only threatened (Wouldn't have hurt her for anything in the world) very loudly that if she ever did that again I would snapp her arm off at the elbow and wave it at her (She drew her fist back afterwords but quickly dropped it back down to her side after a verbal reminder)

But as for beating up women it goes against the grain for me and actually makes me physically ill just at the thought of doing such a thing.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:48 PM   #18
Duane

I think if a girl hits you, you can hit her back with the same force.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:58 PM   #19
Deadmanwalking_05

Not me

I don't do that,after being hit and issuing an empty threat I walked away.

Call me sexist if you want but usually 10 times out of 10 a guy knows he can beat up a woman,the best thing to do is to try and keep her from hitting you and to keep your cool and not go off on the lady.

(Plus I've been described as being built like an battle tank)
Old 09-22-2008, 03:01 PM   #20
Saya

I only know one guy who is abused, by the time he got the nerve to leave her, she came out and told him she was pregnant (everyone thinks she was poking holes in the condoms because she knew he'd stay if they had a baby). So they have a baby now and he won't ever leave because she has him convinced that 1. if he ever tries to defend himself she'll claim in court he's beating her, and they'll believe it and won't let him see the baby and 2. if he leaves he won't see the baby because the mom always gets custody. I feel really bad for that guy but nothing anyone says will convince him to leave. And thats the thing with abusive relationships, the abusive person convinces the victim that they can't leave, and has psychological power over the victim.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:03 PM   #21
Duane

That's messed up... reminds me of a story I'm writing. Well, somewhat.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:38 PM   #22
Mir

We need to step in EVERY TIME. It doesn't matter whether it will or won't straighten them out in the long run. We cannot just stand there and pretend it is not our problem.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:42 PM   #23
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Fuck you dude.
I hate this attitude.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:45 PM   #24
Mir

Atitude? That women are weak and need to be protected, or what the fuck are you talking about?
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:57 PM   #25
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
Atitude? That women are weak and need to be protected, or what the fuck are you talking about?
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote