Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:47 PM   #1
LadyLucretia

'Ello.

Hello all. Lady Lucretia is the handle I stuck myself with after discovering the Sisters at age 15, and at this point its cheesy melodrama is more tongue in cheek than anything else. I don't take myself, or the goth scene, very seriously. It's all good fun to me. That said, music is a great passion of mine, and preserving accurate music history for our subculture *is* something I take seriously. I try to do this by helping run a goth night that still plays the classics as well as overlooked obscurities in addition to the more "Goth top 40" fare. I've been doing this for long enough to feel like "been there, done that" and for my family to have given up on it being "just a phase," but I'm not quite at the point of "retiring" from the scene either. As long as it's still fun, I'll keep doing it. Plus I always need an excuse to sew ridiculous outfits .

Anyhow, enough rambling, here's my answers:

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

My field is Psychology and my interest is research. My hobbies include reading and crafting/sewing.

2. Where are you from?
Originally NJ, currently New England.

3. Who is your favorite author?
I was an English major so I have too many favorite authors to name, but Oscar Wilde, Dorothy Parker, Noel Coward, Poe, and Herman Hesse are perennial favorites.

4. What are your favorite films?

Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. If it weren't for this film Tim Burton and Edward Gorey might never have developed their style.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

I have a sardonic streak, so anti-wedding songs (White Wedding, I'll be Missing You, etc.)

6. At your funeral?

"Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" I think funerals should celebrate a person's life and I'd like to have a sense of humor about it.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

In my sleep I guess. Believe it or not, I haven't given this much thought.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

I'm leaning toward cremation actually or maybe getting composted or something bizarre like that.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Hmmmmm....any of my more theatrical ones, especially the ones I sewed myself and put a lot of time into. I think my future favorite is my current project, which is a crazy haute couture inspired royal blue outfit that involves peacock feathers, fake flowers, and a huge tulle bustle.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

Being able to trick or treat without getting funny looks!

11. What's your favorite band?

Gah, again too many to name. I really like Frank the Baptist. Siouxsie will always be a fave. The Cramps and Misfits never go out of style.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

I graduated with honors with a dual Psychology and English major (Bachelor of Arts). As Bostonians say, I'm "wicked smaht." AKA I'm one of the rare geeky types who loved every aspect of being in school.

Eventually I'm hoping to pursue a Ph.D. in psychology.

13. Why did you join?

I find the discussions amusing. This site also seems to be a magnet for the hysterically clueless, and I do enjoy some good snarking now and then .

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

Female.
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:25 PM   #2
Green.Lady

Helloooo... nice to have you here, you seem quite intelligent (well duh, you've been through University/College) and spell properly. The Sisters are one of my favourites, and I do enjoy all of the bands you listed.

By "Goth top 40" - do you mean Manson and the like?
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:33 PM   #3
LadyLucretia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green.Lady
By "Goth top 40" - do you mean Manson and the like?
Eek, no - to me that's just straight-up Top 40 and goth has nothing to do with it! I use "goth top 40" as slang for dance floor filling songs - songs by the Sisters, Joy Division, and Siouxsie on the goth end, and songs by bands like VNV Nation, Apop, etc. on the EBM side. They're popular for a reason, but a lot of people are sick of them too. But then I find myself running to the floor to dance to "cities in dust" for the 39083 billionth time, so I really can't be too critical about it.
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:44 PM   #4
HellforgedX

FINALLY! Someone ELSE who choses not to participate in the bestowing of fecal matters to the whine'n'bitch aspect of the subculture! Except maybe Duck. And Moll. And me. Welcome! I'd shake your hand if it weren't for this damn lack of ability on my part to upload my arm.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:45 PM   #5
Green.Lady

Very nice. Just clearin' that up. A disturbing amount of people on this board have put Manson in their intros, so just makin' sure. I'm quite jealous of your music knowledge. I just gave a list of bands to some new person but I'm sure you could've done 100000x better...
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote