Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 02-23-2011, 08:22 AM   #151
6SixSick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SixSick View Post
All you do is bitch and moan, bitch and moan you're probably just some ugly fat little waster sitting in his bedroom in his mom's house being a shitty little keyboard warrior in your spare time. Get. A. FUCKING. LIFE!!
Apologies to everyone for this. This was out of turn. I should haave ignored it. GOMENASAI!! *bows on knees* Lol

Peace! *sigh*
6SixSick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:22 AM   #152
CuckooTuli

Sure, but if he's been used to eating 2, 3 is better than that. Drastic habit changes are harder to maintain than more slight & manageable ones. Plus work and other commitments make it difficult for a lot of people to eat that many times a day.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:25 AM   #153
6SixSick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
Sure, but if he's been used to eating 2, 3 is better than that. Drastic habit changes are harder to maintain than more slight & manageable ones. Plus work and other commitments make it difficult for a lot of people to eat that many times a day.
yeah but it's not all major meals. An apple could be considered as one of them. You can keep one in the desk if you're at work or a small handful of almonds mixed with raisins would count as well.

It's like this basically eat 3 healthy meals and healthy snacks (almonds with raisins, apple etc) around them to keep yourself from getting hungry. Drink at least 2 litres of water a day and a gallon if you're working out on top.

It's actually quite easy with only a modicum of planning and you'll see results quicker as well
Old 02-23-2011, 08:27 AM   #154
6SixSick

I think I'm gonna leave this thread now. I've said all I really need to say. Lol
Old 02-23-2011, 08:27 AM   #155
CuckooTuli

Quote:
yeah but it's not all major meals. An apple could be considered as one of them. You can keep one in the desk if you're at work or a small handful of almonds mixed with raisins would count as well.

It's like this basically eat 3 healthy meals and healthy snacks (almonds with raisins, apple etc) around them to keep yourself from getting hungry. Drink at least 2 litres of water a day and a gallon if you're working out on top.

It's actually quite easy with only a modicum of planning and you'll see results quicker as well
See above - I recommended snacks. Celery and carrots are better than apples - less sugar in veg.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:29 AM   #156
6SixSick

Quote:
See above - I recommended snacks. Celery and carrots are better than apples - less sugar in veg.
yeaaahhh maaaaaybe, but ah never mind! Lol
Old 02-23-2011, 08:32 AM   #157
CuckooTuli

Quote:
yeaaahhh maaaaaybe, but ah never mind! Lol
No, don't pussy out on me now! PEDANTRY FIGHT!!!!! XD
Old 02-23-2011, 08:38 AM   #158
Mr.Doobie

Quote:
piss off mr Ding Dong
Wow. U sure mad.

I find it interesting that acknowledging that obesity is a more complex issue than just "fatties need to put down the fork and pick up a weight" makes me obese myself.

Seriously, it's getting old. At least Deady beat me in a debate, showed many signs of intelligence, and seems to acknowledge that there are more factors than pure sloth.

No one ever said that issues like genetics and upbringing can't be overcome and if you think that's what anyone was trying to say than, like I said, you're either being deliberately obtuse, or you're dumb.

Quote:
And I'm being neither as I was fat and now I'm not and it was due to hard work. You stupid fucking unconstructively irritating waste of genetic material.
1) clap clap clap clap clap

2) If we're getting into needlessly complicated insults, than you sir are a piss-drinking nematode.
Mr.Doobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:43 AM   #159
6SixSick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Doobie View Post
Wow. U sure mad.

I find it interesting that acknowledging that obesity is a more complex issue than just "fatties need to put down the fork and pick up a weight" makes me obese myself.

Seriously, it's getting old. At least Deady beat me in a debate, showed many signs of intelligence, and seems to acknowledge that there are more factors than pure sloth.

No one ever said that issues like genetics and upbringing can't be overcome and if you think that's what anyone was trying to say than, like I said, you're either being deliberately obtuse, or you're dumb.
Really there's not much point. I'll treat you with respect if you treat me with respect. It's gotten far past old you accusing me of lacking intelligence just because I present a view counter to your own.

I really don't think you're worth talking to (at least on this thread) to be honest. So go on say something clever and feel all happy about how you "beat" me.

I invite you to have the last word as a sign of my charity.

Peace out Doobie Doo.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:54 AM   #160
Mr.Doobie

Quote:
Really there's not much point. I'll treat you with respect if you treat me with respect. It's gotten far past old you accusing me of lacking intelligence just because I present a view counter to your own.
I accuse you of lacking intelligence because you really didn't seem to understand the point of ape_descendant's post.

As for having a view counter to my own, you never really presented a view. I'm guessing what you're trying to say is that everyone can lose weight and everyone can lose it as easily as you can and fuck genetics because weight loss is fucking miracles (magic everywhere...). Than when I responded you failed to elaborate any views. Instead, you got all pissy and butthurt because I called you dumb than proceeded to flounce off in a huff because I'm a big meanie and you're taking your marbles and going home and never playing at my house again.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:03 AM   #161
6SixSick

Quote:
I accuse you of lacking intelligence because you really didn't seem to understand the point of ape_descendant's post.

As for having a view counter to my own, you never really presented a view. I'm guessing what you're trying to say is that everyone can lose weight and everyone can lose it as easily as you can and fuck genetics because weight loss is fucking miracles (magic everywhere...). Than when I responded you failed to elaborate any views. Instead, you got all pissy and butthurt because I called you dumb than proceeded to flounce off in a huff because I'm a big meanie and you're taking your marbles and going home and never playing at my house again.
Ah I see. You're right of course in every single way. How could I fail to see your brilliance! And of course you are right to just assume stuff and not ask me to ellaborate my views cause that is too beneath a god like you.
Well done Doobie doo
Old 02-23-2011, 09:08 AM   #162
Mr.Doobie

Quote:
Ah I see. You're right of course in every single way. How could I fail to see your brilliance! And of course you are right to just assume stuff and not ask me to ellaborate my views cause that is too beneath a god like you.
Well done Doobie doo
You had your opportunity to elaborate your views on your own, I wasn't holding a gun to your head and forcing you to not elaborate. In fact, I remember my comment being a question...

Quote:
Alright, are you being deliberately obtuse, or are you really that dumb?
You were open to respond with a "yes" or a "no" and maybe even a "here's why... (proceeds to elaborate on what exactly he took issue with in ape_descendent's post)".

Instead, you just threw your shit at the wall and walked out forever. Until you responded to me a couple minutes later...
Old 02-23-2011, 09:25 AM   #163
6SixSick

Quote:
You had your opportunity to elaborate your views on your own, I wasn't holding a gun to your head and forcing you to not elaborate. In fact, I remember my comment being a question...

You were open to respond with a "yes" or a "no" and maybe even a "here's why... (proceeds to elaborate on what exactly he took issue with in ape_descendent's post)".

Instead, you just threw your shit at the wall and walked out forever. Until you responded to me a couple minutes later...
yeah and it's probably because you've insulted me on other threads as well. I wont get angry at just one insult. That's not my way.
So I'll answer you now. Ok I can only talk about my own experience. I don't think everyone loses weight in the same way, the fact I know about Meso,Endo and Ectomorphs in an indication of this. I know about limiting genetic factors, but I've seen that used too much as an excuse. Maybe you haven't, but again that's my own experience.
As for a healthy BMI I personally think 9 out of 10 peoples weight if so desired can be changed by lifestyle changes.

Studies are all well and good, but one study can show one thing with evidence and another can show another with evidence and the two will be peer reviewed and completely contradictionary although both considered good science.

I have several different weight loss/workout books on my bookkshelf some of them published by the same company, but written by different writers all with slightly or massively contradictionary evidence.

I commented on this thread at the start mainly on the subject of what would America ideally do about fat/obese people for it's universal health care scheme.

When it comes to individual weight loss I don't really care as you have to meet people individually to assess them.

Who hasn't heard of the "Fat Gene" but I don't really think it holds as much water as the "bald Gene" or "Cancer Gene" tbh, but again till I have personally carried out research myself or studied the findings of more than just one report or website I can't really tell.

I've your answers as best I can if my views are still considered to be offensive to you then I'll wish you goodday.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #164
JJ_Spade

I Think You Are Very Smart Six, Don't Let Anyone Tell You Different. I Don't Think It Holds As Much Water Either. A Lot Of It Has To Do With The People Around You And Your Lifestyle. Of Course It Takes Work To Lose Wait.
JJ_Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:07 AM   #165
CuckooTuli

Yo, KMD. Interesting article on exercise and weight loss: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...-public-health

I've only once decided I needed to lose weight, when I went up to over 9 and a half stone - I wasn't big, but my clothes were getting tight and I frankly couldn't be arsed to go shopping. I started running, reasoning that I like walking so much I often do it for fun, and runnnig is like walking but HARDCORE. While I did start to feel fitter, I found I was so hungry I lost willpower after a workout, and it became easier to justify eating. And it's not like I was having anything bad - I stopped eating crap pretty much as soon as I moved out of my mother's house (the only fruit or veg you ever saw in her house was canned peas, and while I was still thin, I did have pretty bad skin over my teenage years), and I'd be craving things like fruit. However as the article points out, even a couple of pieces of that can undo a reasonable workout. Once I gave up on running, my appetite went back to normal and I dropped the weight inside of ten days. I daresay it's not the same for everyone but that's what happened to me, the one time I tried proper regimented exercise.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #166
6SixSick

Quote:
Yo, KMD. Interesting article on exercise and weight loss: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...-public-health

I've only once decided I needed to lose weight, when I went up to over 9 and a half stone - I wasn't big, but my clothes were getting tight and I frankly couldn't be arsed to go shopping. I started running, reasoning that I like walking so much I often do it for fun, and runnnig is like walking but HARDCORE. While I did start to feel fitter, I found I was so hungry I lost willpower after a workout, and it became easier to justify eating. And it's not like I was having anything bad - I stopped eating crap pretty much as soon as I moved out of my mother's house (the only fruit or veg you ever saw in her house was canned peas, and while I was still thin, I did have pretty bad skin over my teenage years), and I'd be craving things like fruit. However as the article points out, even a couple of pieces of that can undo a reasonable workout. Once I gave up on running, my appetite went back to normal and I dropped the weight inside of ten days. I daresay it's not the same for everyone but that's what happened to me, the one time I tried proper regimented exercise.
Yeah any good weightlifter will tell you (and yet again an article on Radio 4's PM prog today reiterated this) that muscles are built in the kitchen not the gym. It's not really a revolutionary article there in the Guardian, but it may be the fact that not many brits know about it? From talking to colleagues at work who wanted to lose weight/or gain muscle the old myths still seem to prevail.

When I go for a run though I take a banana or sports shake along with me to give the energy to get back home again! (I do interval runs which have been proven to save time whilst being as effective as a longer run to get you fit).

I don't agree with Paul Gately saying that there aren't any diets that people enjoy. I enjoyed [i]The Abs Diet[i] by David Zinczenko, but then it is actually a whole new way of eating rather than a diet whilst giving you some recipes that have made my mates jealous

It is a danger as well as pointed out in the article that just trying to lose weight can make you lose muscle as well as fat. As muscle mass creates a body condition of a raised metabolism (muscles consume calories just by being there), you are losing one of the weapons against fat in an attempt to get slim. This means when you put on more fat after the diet crashes or you treat yourself it is more likely to stay around as there is no muscle to consume calories.

The light exercise recommended for women seems cool too. My brother is a personal trainer with a group on facebook and whenever a girl will ask him "How can I get nice womanly muscles / do I need to slave away in the gym?" he recommends changing diet slightly and walking home with a few shopping bags as a gentle resistance exercise.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #167
6SixSick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Spade View Post
I Think You Are Very Smart Six, Don't Let Anyone Tell You Different. I Don't Think It Holds As Much Water Either. A Lot Of It Has To Do With The People Around You And Your Lifestyle. Of Course It Takes Work To Lose Wait.
Thanks hun I appreciate it
Old 02-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #168
6SixSick

"Over the course of his career, Mayer's pioneering studies – on rats, babies and schoolgirls"

Lmao. Pervert.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:44 AM   #169
JJ_Spade

Quote:
Thanks hun I appreciate it
Anytime *Hugs*
JJ_Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #170
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Yeah any good weightlifter will tell you (and yet again an article on Radio 4's PM prog today reiterated this) that muscles are built in the kitchen not the gym. It's not really a revolutionary article there in the Guardian, but it may be the fact that not many brits know about it? .
Maybe I'm just out of the loop, but I'd never heard anything other than "exercise is good" regarding weight. Possible I missed a trick there, though.

Quote:
"Over the course of his career, Mayer's pioneering studies – on rats, babies and schoolgirls"

Lmao. Pervert.
LOL
Old 02-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #171
KissMeDeadly

Quote:
Chicken sounds good. The jerky and coffee... not so much, LOL.

I couldn't imagine eating less than 3 eals a day and think hunger is easier to withstand that way. When you're ravenous, you are far more likely to want large portions. If you skip breakfast, not only are you some kinda freak to me (I faint away like a girl by 11 if I don't eat huge amounts in the morning), but that might make weight loss harder.

The simple fact is, losing weight basically involves starving your body - it isn't easy (I've always been slim, but half my family are huge so I do know what it's like), but you make it harder on yourself if you depend on your own willpower in the face of ravenous hunger. It's an animal instinct that needs placating and the only way to do that is to fool your body into thinking it's getting more energy than it is with filling but low-cal foods. If I tried to eat just 2 meals a day, I'd be so hungry I'd well overdo it when munch time came.

My advice would be 3 meals a day. Carrot sticks/celery/rice cakes (with a LITTLE spread) for snacks. And with your evening meals, easy on the pasta and heavy on the chicken/fish and veg. Red meat lean, in small portions and no more than once or twice a week. And seriously, google some healthy recipes or start a thread. Imagination is crucial as a lot of healthy food is pretty bland unless you learn to cook it up all sexy & shit.

Sounds good, sounds good, but I should add I don't force myself to eat only two meals a day...I just don't get hungry for 4-5 hours after I wake up, and then I don't usually get hungry till around supper time.

You gotta understand at the moment I'm not on any kind of diet, these are just my normal eating habbits that I enjoy and apparently maintain my weight.

I just kinda...eat whenever, you know? I let my body do the plannin'.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:11 PM   #172
CuckooTuli

Starving in the morning is something your body gets used to, though. Even a single piece of brown toast would probably do your metabolism a world of good.

Funnily enough, the bigger half of my family are mostly the ones who don't eat breakfast. My mother is pretty big, and she'll sometimes go until 3 or 4 before eating on weekend days if she gets caught up pottering.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:17 PM   #173
Saya

I think metabolism has a lot more to do with it than people realize, mine is killer, I eat all kinds of crap all day and rarely exercise, and I'm only out of the underweight range by a few pounds. My mom has been struggling with weight all her life, though, she was really big when I was young, then she went on weight watchers and lost a lot, but she plateaued, and its easy to get frustrated when that happens.

There's also too much idealization on the waif thin figure, too. My sister thinks she's fat because she's 200 pounds and built like an Amazon. I wish she'd take more pride in the fact that she can snap men in half.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:21 PM   #174
Bleedingcreampuff

Angry wow

Some people are so over reactive -.-'' I`m fat and I dont give a shit what people think. Girly fat people are the worst
Bleedingcreampuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:32 PM   #175
honeythorn

Quote:
The light exercise recommended for women seems cool too. My brother is a personal trainer with a group on facebook and whenever a girl will ask him "How can I get nice womanly muscles / do I need to slave away in the gym?" he recommends changing diet slightly and walking home with a few shopping bags as a gentle resistance exercise.

Not if said women walk as fast as I do, for 5 miles like I do. Doing that for 2 years gives you calves like hams. I know this from experience. I work with a bodybuilder and weightlifter. I have bigger calf muscles than either of them and they're BIG lads

I personally don't do the "light" exercises most magazines and articles reccomend for women. They haven't worked at all for me. I also work in a warehouse and have to do a fair bit of heavy-ish lifting regularly, so I do weights in the gym to help with that.

One of the lads helped me lose 4 stone by adjusting my diet. The weightloss has unfortunately stopped now despite no diet change and an increase of exercise !

My exercise goes as such

Monday - Aerobics ( legs bums & tums class )

Tuesday - Rest

Wednesday - 1 hour Gym, cardio and weights plus crunches and russian situps with 3KG dumbells http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz1PSHt9gg8

Thursday - As above

Friday - As above

Saturday Morning - Bodyattack class

Sunday - Gym as above + 45 mins swimming

I also walk the 5 miles home from work at a fast pace at least 3 times a week

I've halted at 13 stone and STILL have stomach flab!!!! <_< I am not impressed.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote