Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 12:47 PM   #3226
edible_eye

hey, guys... this is weird, but eyes linked me to the thread yesterday and with everybody commenting, i felt like a shitbag for just dropping my message and walking away. i don't like feeling like a shitbag.

i'm not coming back right now, xnguela was right when she posted that. i just wanted to say thank you - to those here i consider "friends". as bizarre as the internet is in terms of interacting meaningfully with others, i guess there's still some degree of "humanness" that goes along with chatting with people for so long - even if it's not face-to-face, feel the warmth, see one's eyes and smell the bad breath kind of chatting. shit, i've purged a few skeletons from my own closet here, stuff i'd never told anyone before and so, in that vein - yeah, this place means something to me.

no, that's not quite right - there are people here who mean something to me, it just so happens that they're all together on this site. that's better.

anyway, for maelstrom, since he asked for some details - and because i respect the fuck out of that son-of-a-bitch - here goes...

* to the new members who have come and worked to find their niche in the community - this has nothing to do with you.

recently, this site changed hands. and with that change of hands, something bad has happened to this site, in my opinion. i've left various notes in various threads - three, to be exact - asking the people who own the site to take a look at what was going on. specifically, i'm talking about the half-brained, vapid, idiotic bullshit that has flooded this site of late. at one time, this place held a standard of presentation. it was a loose one, but it was there nonetheless. i respected that standard when i joined and to a certain degree, fought for my acceptance here. i don't think everyone should have to fight to be accepted, but i do think that the initial standard set forth was valid. it's what differentiates a place like this from the thousands of teeny-bopper forums around the net that generate an average of 10 posts per week, all of it empty of intellect and realistically contribute nothing worth reading. either my request was ignored, never seen or they looked and didn't mind what they saw - either way, the decision to do something or not do something was theirs to make, not mine - i was just asking. i'm a guest here, as are we all. so, the ball was in my court and weeding through the drivel to find a coherent or interesting post or two was making my head hurt. as with many things in life where a decision is needed, a little voice said - put your money where your mouth is, mark. and don't be a pussy.

so, i'm taking a break. i'll put it that way instead.

i've gotta let what's going on here lately sink in and filter across my synapses. who knows? maybe the way the new forums are developing IS the right thing for this site and it's just me who's just stuck in the old ways, getting inflexible with age... but i doubt it.

anyway - people i do care about (inasmuch as the internet allows, which i'm learning over time, counts for something significant) as well as those who posted here and those who contacted me yesterday for a chat - thanx a lot, for everything. let me take my break and figure out where my head is with this. if nothing else, you goth girls will bring me back, salivating for more, just like tekajo pointed out... holy fuckin' shit, the withdrawal is already starting... sohotiwannabiteyourfleshhard...

those who said nice things to me here, i have two things to say to you:

1.) you're getting soft. not ONE of you accused me of being an attention whore - and that hurts.

2.) thank you. i'll take what ya'all said into consideration while i'm figuring my shit out.

there's a couple of new threads i want to post in before i click this thing off - oh, the addiction - just one more puff; just one more drink; just one more sweet and succulent tit... oh, and wish me luck, please. there are three novels i haven't touched in a while as well as a brand new idea i'm trying to bring to light. perhaps (hopefully), i'll get my groove back with my writing.

thanx, guys. pussy hound out...

Old 11-15-2005, 01:39 PM   #3227
winged_dreams

I must agree with e_e. Too many idiots have been around and no one is doing anything about it. I don't know why the site changed hands but we shouldn't allow such idiots that abuse other members to keep coming back!

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
Old 11-15-2005, 02:18 PM   #3228
rubedo

g-net going to shit=rapemeharder
Old 11-15-2005, 05:00 PM   #3229
Soul_Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged_dreams
I must agree with e_e. Too many idiots have been around and no one is doing anything about it. I don't know why the site changed hands but we shouldn't allow such idiots that abuse other members to keep coming back!

I may soon have a remedy.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:18 PM   #3230
ghostposts

Attention whore? You? You've got to be kidding.

Naw. Just the regular old pussy hound.

Come back soon, or I'll haunt you. ooOOOOoooo!
Old 11-15-2005, 05:34 PM   #3231
Jane13

E_E... those are words of wisdom. I still feel guilty when I pre-judged you when you first signed up for your use of double negatives... you forgave me then (which was my first inclination of what a truly great person you are), but I'm really going to miss the wisdom that you display even in your latest posts. Hopefully we'lll get some things whipped, beaten and stabbed into shape. We'll do it for you and the other members we're losing to these stupid heads. Please come back and let us read your stories sometime, ok?

love,
-Jane
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 11-15-2005, 06:01 PM   #3232
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
who knows? maybe the way the new forums are developing IS the right thing for this site and it's just me who's just stuck in the old ways, getting inflexible with age... but i doubt it.

No. Granted I am no spring chicken, the ladies no longer drool over me like they used to (at least not here!) but if people joining just to start fights and threaten (one of them is a long-time member, I think you are right about that) is the way things are going then I will start depleting the world's resources as fast as I can now cause I just assume life end soon.

BUT I don't think that is the way of things and that you are right in that we are simply on our own as of late. Who knows, I might be right behind you, but as of right now I do not know. I just wanted to put my tree fitty in and let you know you aren't alone.

Also you aren't an attention whore. You don't need to fish for love or bullshit people into thinking you are more than you are. Not you. You are honest and in that honesty we see a great man and someone I aspire to hopefully be someday.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:05 PM   #3233
mortalitas incomitatus

on a completly differant topic, i just got my nipple pierced.
so much pain yet ever so slightly arousing.
i think it is my 11th piercing, wait.....counting......sorry.....10th
whooop.....i just hit the big 1 0

*another eliter*
Old 11-15-2005, 08:09 PM   #3234
mortalitas incomitatus

what the fuck?????

what happened to E_E????

what the hell is going on?????

someone please fill me in!!!!!
!

damn, new job!!!!!! less G.net time!!!

*another eliter*
Old 11-15-2005, 08:16 PM   #3235
mortalitas incomitatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
So, he was walking down a familiar corridor, ready to open the same door he'd opened thousands of times before when he realized, hey - what's behind that door isn't giving me the zing it used to.

He opened it anyway, hoping for the best, realizing again that the landscape had changed - probably to an irreversible degree. Some of what he saw was still pleasureable - most of it was not. How had so much of what existed behind that door been obliterated in so little time? It didn't make sense - but let's face it, neither do things like wading into the water, hoping to shake off the heat and exiting to find leeches firmly attached across your canvas of flesh. Sometimes, things just don't go as planned and sometimes, the things you believe are solid prove to be more maleable than you might have wanted to believe. That's life, fully unpredictable and wholly frustrating.

If he still smoked, he might have lit a cigarette while he pondered the familiar door and whether or not he should leave it closed for a while. He tilted the half-full glass to his lips instead, relishing the slight swimmy feeling it brought him. Was it the swimmy feeling talking, he wondered and shook his head. Nah. All this was just a too-long-procrastinated exit because he didn't want to admit his pleasure had been fouled. Maybe he'd try out a new door for a little while or abandon the world of corridors and doors altogether, turning instead to the dusty form of pen and paper, an adventure medium he'd not grappled with seriously for more than a year.

So many good people. People who'd helped him to laugh and cry and think.

And so many fucktards.

He turned and looked at the door from the inside, smiling when his eyes found the "Thanks For Playing" placard firmly attached to the rear. It was difficult to take that first step, walking away from something he'd not only grown used to - but actually cherished, in a way - the same way an alcoholic cherishes that first drink, or a love-starved recluse cherishes the pretty woman who never fails to say hello when they per chance cross paths while taking out the trash.

His foot lifted nevertheless and he started back toward the door he'd entered so many times before.

Yeah. He decided he'd visit the door again, most likely, at some point, somewhere down the line but for now, opening that door just wasn't doing for him what it once was. Not any longer. He raised his hand to whomever might be behind him, someone he might have grown to care about as much as the internet allowed anyway. He hoped that whomever saw it would know how he felt about him or her, one way or another - because that's what was important when all was said and done.

And with that, he exited, not looking back, closing the door firmly until a later time, should it ever come...

WHAT THE HELL. THIS IS HUGE, THIS IS WRONG. WTF??

I'M CONFUSED, I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK.

next time someting this big happens im me please!

WTF???

*another eliter*
Old 11-15-2005, 08:45 PM   #3236
BlueMoon

Any of you ever heard of euro-english?
Thought I'd post a part of this rather amusing article I'm reading.

"As part of the negotiations,
Her Majesty's Government conceded that English
spelling had some room for improvement and has
accepted a five-year phased plan for what will be
known as EuroEnglish (Euro for short). In the
first year, 's' will be used instead of the soft
'c'. Sertainly, sivil servants will resieve this
news with joy. Also, the hard 'c' will be
replaced with 'k.' Not only will this klear up
konfusion, but typewriters kan have one less
letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the
sekond year, when the troublesome 'ph' will be
replaced by 'f'. This will make words like
'fotograf' 20 per sent shorter. "
Old 11-15-2005, 08:48 PM   #3237
rockandrose

I'm not exactly sure what the reasons of e_e's leave but hopefully he will return...soon and warm up g.net again.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:48 PM   #3238
BlueMoon

The last part of the article is even more disturbing.

"After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli
sensibl riten styl. Zer vil b no mor trubls or
difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu
understand ech ozer. Ze drem vil finali kum tru. "
Old 11-15-2005, 08:52 PM   #3239
rockandrose

mortalitas incomitatus, it IS about 2-3 hours from where I live to Adelaide by car. However, from the CBD, its 3-4hours.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:03 PM   #3240
tenet_2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Immortal
I may soon have a remedy.
What?!

What is this remedy you speak of?

--Geisha
Old 11-15-2005, 11:58 PM   #3241
rockandrose

Look at this:

Old 11-16-2005, 12:17 AM   #3242
winged_dreams

*dances* The remake to my favorite game is coming out today. It's got all sorts of new features and I can't wait to play it. I'm going to ask for it for Christmas. It's Wild Arms, just in case you wanted to know.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
Old 11-16-2005, 11:57 AM   #3243
Disfunction

I'm procrastinating in the worst way. I need to read something and write a paper on it. I'm too lazy at the moment, but I just know it's going to be long, drawn-out, and boring.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:02 PM   #3244
Disfunction

Who says I'm communicating with Kenya as we speak? Geeze. If I'm going to procrastinate, it's bound to be more than G.net :P
Old 11-16-2005, 01:20 PM   #3245
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
nah. Today is just my day to be dense. Next, I'll be posting pics of John Wayne.
heh...hehe...
Old 11-16-2005, 01:50 PM   #3246
mortalitas incomitatus

Where do we go from here?

*another eliter*
Old 11-16-2005, 02:34 PM   #3247
rockandrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
nah. Today is just my day to be dense. Next, I'll be posting pics of John Wayne.
NOOOOOOO....Not the pictures of John Wayne!
Old 11-16-2005, 07:31 PM   #3248
Soul_Immortal

FUCK YOU, TJ MAXX!!!

I shall buy toe socks elsewhere.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:38 PM   #3249
tenet_2012

No e_e.

No Xng.

*sigh*

At least we still have soul, kil, eyes, Santarea, rose and other reasonably understandable folks.

--Geisha
Old 11-16-2005, 08:11 PM   #3250
TrashedAndScattered

Sooo...Uncrowded here..It's eary...
Spring
Closed Thread