Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #26
Lilith_Immaculate

look we started on a wrong foot ok?

Me and WinterRain come from Slovenia which is a small country and people her don't understand you if you are different. So in Slovenia there isn't lots of goths we have metal people but it is hard to find goths.
So we are sorry if our vision of goth is wrong. So educate us about it so we can spread the right thing in Slovenia too.
Lilith_Immaculate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #27
Solumina

As long as you are willing to learn there will be some of us who are more than happy to teach, after all we were baby bats once too (unfortunately others are not so quick to overlook a bad first impression but give them time).

As I said earlier the subculture really is all about the music, goth is punk's less angry and more introspective offshoot and currently encompasses a few different types of music, most notably straight up goth rock (which started in the UK) and deathrock (goth rock's American cousin). Industrial, EBM, and darkwave are frequently played in goth clubs but they have their own subcultures, which just happen to overlap a bit with goth.

Here is a quick list of bands that created/influenced goth and are worth checking out: 45 Grave, Alien Sex Fiend, Bauhaus, Clan of Xymox, the Cure, Dead Can Dance, Fields of the Nephilim, Joy Division, Sex Gang Children, Siouxsie and the Banshees, and Sisters of Mercy. Let us know what you like and what you aren't such a fan of and we can make other recommendations.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #28
Lilith_Immaculate

I know fields of the Nephilim and I like them a lot. I also know Sisters of Mercy and I like them too.

I really don't like Bauhaus, I just don't find them catchy xD (but singer has a good stile).

It's funny bevause in Slovenia we listen to music which is ( a bit) harder
Old 02-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #29
Solumina

If you like the harder stuff then look into bands with industrial influences, I'm not much of a rivethead, I really only like a few post-industrial and electro-industrial bands like Skinny Puppy, so I'm not the one who should be giving you many recommendations there.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:33 AM   #30
WinterRain

I have a question. On almost every site you can read that gothic isn't just about music. Why do they write that, if it isn't true? Why do they give those false informations? By the way, thanks the band list
WinterRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:54 AM   #31
Lilith_Immaculate

What about Nox Arcana? Do you think the band is goth or not?
Old 02-10-2012, 03:55 AM   #32
MissCheyenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterRain View Post
I have a question. On almost every site you can read that gothic isn't just about music. Why do they write that, if it isn't true? Why do they give those false informations? By the way, thanks the band list
People lose sight of the original meaning or start of something all the time and they put a spin on it that suits them. Yes, there is an associated style of dressing for goth, the same as punk or deathrock have a style of dressing that's associated with them but that isn't what started the subculture, the way I see it, it's more something that goes along with the music rather than overshadows it. The music is the base of it all. I wouldn't worry too much about 'false information' as like I said, people are always bringing their own interpretations to the table but music is was and always will be the base of the goth subculture.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:13 AM   #33
Thais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith_Immaculate View Post
look we started on a wrong foot ok?

Me and WinterRain come from Slovenia which is a small country and people her don't understand you if you are different. So in Slovenia there isn't lots of goths we have metal people but it is hard to find goths.
So we are sorry if our vision of goth is wrong. So educate us about it so we can spread the right thing in Slovenia too.
You see, I'm from Slovenia too and there is quite a widespread gothic comunity, dating back in the late 80's ... the old generation of Goths in Slovenia called themselves Elektrogrobarji, if I translate that for you Electro-Gravediggers ... the official name of the event is Hellektro and it is organi zed by Dj Tomo the member of Ch0 team ... The parties take place at before mentioned Club Ch0, once a month, between the middle and the end of the month ... usually on a Saturday ... The number of veisitors estimates at about 100 per party ... People come from all around the country, although the gothic people from Styria organize their own parties in Maribor ... sorry but I can't remember the name of the club ... the music at Hellektro parties range from oldschool industrial to modern industrial, ebm, tbm, agrotech, dark electro ... some Dj-s play future pop, electro, electronica ... the parties in Maribor are rather more of a gothic metal and industrial metal (or is it the other way
Thais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:40 AM   #34
Thais

Sorry, I have problems with my computer ... I wil continue ...

... around ... can't remember the order ... ) ... other events are Club Bizarre (but that one doesn't exist anymore), tat took place in Club K4, that was replaced by an event called Shadowtime ... but the music differs ... Shadowtime is organized by the old Neversun crew (they are called after the old, previously existing gothic forum of Europian proportions) ... from time to time there are some gothic parties at clubs at Metelkova City ...
Everybody invited! :P
And I must also stick this link of our new Gothic forum Temnica (Darkroom) ... Temnica and the Hellektro Facebook account ... Hellektro ...

Greetings ...
Thais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:05 PM   #35
AshleyO

I am disappoint with ALL of you.

We've got some people from the small country of Slovenia. First, not only do they not know about Laibach and the NSK, but not one of you have mentioned them as far as I can tell.

WHY am I the only person here who speaks for Laibach? They beat the shit out of EVERYONE.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:59 AM   #36
CuckooTuli

What? WHO doesn't know about Laibach?

Oh, that's right, everyone I ever met barring the person who introduced me to them.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:30 AM   #37
shadowynne

"Elektrogrobarji" cool term i like it! welcome to the forum.

man i havnt listened to laibach in ages
shadowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:15 PM   #38
huzhi

my facebook, just send me a PM

Replica Handbags For Sale
huzhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:42 AM   #39
PrettyWithChains

Who gets to decide 'whats goth?' Why can't the subculture have changed and evolved a bit to encompass more than what created it. I've looked at the classic goth bands that are thrown around here so much and I would like to know if newer bands ever get considered for joining the list of 'Goth.' I just seem to keep hearing the same old.
I had hoped to find open minded people here with who I could have a stimulating conversation, but this? I am highly disappointed. I will continue to call myself goth despite my definition being different to 'must love these bands.'

I love Symphonic Metal, and have visited Slovenia, beautiful country by the way, though I really just saw the country side on my way to a tour of the prehistoric caves which were wonderful.
PrettyWithChains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #40
Alan

There are new bands, but they are NOT metal. So why is it so important for you to keep the label goth when you actually don't fit it? Why must you need to cling to just one word to define you when you have to mutilate it just to be able to use it?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #41
huzhi

I love Symphonic Metal, and have visited Slovenia,

www.louisvuittonen.com
huzhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #42
PrettyWithChains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
There are new bands, but they are NOT metal. So why is it so important for you to keep the label goth when you actually don't fit it? Why must you need to cling to just one word to define you when you have to mutilate it just to be able to use it?
I dont believe there is something to fit, an appreciation of the dark is enough for me. If we had met somewhere other than purist flameland we may have found each other charming. I'm sorry for not meeting your expectations of a goth.
PrettyWithChains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #43
Alan

You're either an idiot or you're not reading what we're writing. What I'm asking is WHY do you so desperately hope that people have expectations of goth and that you fit them?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #44
shadowynne

"sighs" why do people always think metal is goth? i mean its in the name, metal is metal, (thus the name metal) and goth is goth. sure you can have goth metal but not all frikken metal is goth. holy frikken puck on a pole its not that hard...

now, miss chains i am not hating on you, or even saying your not goth, i dont know you, you could be goth as fuck, but hun, really, no matter how hard you argue...

metal is metal and goth is goth.
shadowynne is offline   Reply With Quote