Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-28-2007, 08:05 PM   #1
james"bloody tears"

prego foods stuffs

my wife has been asking for weird ass foods lately(chocolate pickles are her current thing), so im curious, whats the weirdest thing you asked for when prego or where asked for by your prego partner?

love me or hate me i wont change

the eyes are the windows to the soul, are you afraid of what you see?
james"bloody tears" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:46 PM   #2
Ishkabibble

Uh...My mother had a baby almost a week ago. And as I can remember, the wierdest thing she asked for was avocado flavoured ice-cream or gelato. Eeek..I tried it and it tasted very, very bad.. x3
Old 08-29-2007, 10:26 AM   #3
psyches_reflection

My sister is sprogged up, and addicted to chicken and bacon sandwiches, jelly babies/dolly mixtures and pickled onion flavour Monster Munch.

I also had a cousin who,whilst pregnant, could put away a whole box of Roses chocolates every day. After she'd given birth, she was still a UK size 8 :S
Old 08-29-2007, 10:40 AM   #4
Porphyria

Green beans drenched in balsamic vinegar, white cheddar-flavored popcorn by the bag, lemonade, black olives from a can, any potato product, vanilla frosting. I ate an entire vegetable tray --the sort that everyone ignores at Christmas parties-- in two days. I also broke down and ate a plate of fish sticks during my first pregnancy. I'm a vegetarian and felt so guilty afterward.

I'm currently obsessing over Goya brand black bean soup with lots of cheese and strawberry yogurt. Not together. Oh, and McDonald's french fries with barbecue sauce.
Porphyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:02 PM   #5
Tristanna

lol, can i just say prego is an awful way of putting it ..
Tristanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:15 PM   #6
james"bloody tears"

yeah i know but shes the one saying it so im just trying to keep her happy(my one goal in life)

Old 08-29-2007, 07:35 PM   #7
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by james"bloody tears"
yeah i know but shes the one saying it so im just trying to keep her happy(my one goal in life)
Please don't take this offensively, but if that's really your one goal in life...you and/or your relationship is very very unhealthy.
Wanting to be happy yourself is not selfish.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:02 PM   #8
james"bloody tears"

my goal in life is to keep her happy, her goal is to keep me happy, and its made our relationship last for four years, with very few arguments or unhappyness. that one goal has lead to me getting a job that pays good and i like, a desent house, a kid on the way, and a very happy marriage. if it means our relationship or me is unhealthy then ill stay sick

Old 08-29-2007, 09:34 PM   #9
DarkGentleman

My ex-common law always wanted Grilled cheese sandwiches with Peanut butter and sliced pickles in them. After she finished eating them, she would drag me to bed for some wild sex.

Damn, no wonder I was always tired then.
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:16 AM   #10
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by james"bloody tears"
my goal in life is to keep her happy, her goal is to keep me happy, and its made our relationship last for four years, with very few arguments or unhappyness. that one goal has lead to me getting a job that pays good and i like, a desent house, a kid on the way, and a very happy marriage. if it means our relationship or me is unhealthy then ill stay sick
You've said before you live in your/her parents' basement.
And obviously making her happy isn't your only goal, you want to be happy as well.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:05 PM   #11
james"bloody tears"

we did for a while live in the basement, but have since got a house. and as long as shes happy im happy

Old 09-25-2007, 09:26 AM   #12
Linen

Oh, man, my husband and I are trying to get pregnant right now (just started this month), and I don't know if I'll have any really weird cravings... I'm a pretty picky eater and I'm a vegetarian, so my "weird" cravings might not be that weird, but who knows.
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:38 AM   #13
NachtSorcier

When my mom was pregnant with my sister she wanted to drink pickle juice. She couldn't though, because she was on a no-salt diet.

I forget what she wanted when she was pregnant with my brother. Something to do with ice cream, I think.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:42 AM   #14
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linen
Oh, man, my husband and I are trying to get pregnant right now (just started this month), and I don't know if I'll have any really weird cravings... I'm a pretty picky eater and I'm a vegetarian, so my "weird" cravings might not be that weird, but who knows.
Aw, good luck with that.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:44 AM   #15
NachtSorcier

My dear, you'd be surprised at what your hormones might do to you. You might find yourself biting into a big Angus burger when the baby craves protein.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:31 AM   #16
d.Nox

Quote:
My dear, you'd be surprised at what your hormones might do to you. You might find yourself biting into a big Angus burger when the baby craves protein.
Indeed! My wife, (usually) a vegetarian, ate practically nothing but taco salads during the last several months of her pregnancy. No guilt, though, since she's not vegetarian for moral reasons.
d.Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:10 PM   #17
Linen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Aw, good luck with that.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtSorcier
LOL I dunno about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.Nox
Indeed! My wife, (usually) a vegetarian, ate practically nothing but taco salads during the last several months of her pregnancy. No guilt, though, since she's not vegetarian for moral reasons.
Hmm, see, I am, so yeah... though there was a horrible year hiatus (out of 9 years of being a strict vegetarian) where I selfishly ate meat occasinally. I don't want to go back to that.
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:25 PM   #18
prophecyofdoom

Bah.... If the baby tells you to eat meat, don't fight it, or you could get sick... Whilst pregnant, I had a stint where I could eat nothing but glazed donuts from Dunkin Donuts. The thought of anything else made me want to vomit. Before that, I hadn't had anything so sugary and fattening for years, I had even stopped drinking cola. I suppose you could try alternate sources of protein, beans or bananas or whatnot, but your body usually craves the very thing you need to keep from being ill.

Help us to be the always hopeful
Gardeners of the spirit
Who know that without darkness
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
prophecyofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:18 PM   #19
Beneath the Shadows

My wife didn't ask for anything out of the ordinary. If anything,the food she ate was even more normal than usual. Less variety, too. A lot of food gave her heart-burn while she was pregnant.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:43 PM   #20
prophecyofdoom

Ach, I'd almost forgotten how hellish the heartburn could be... I couldn't eat for like four hours before going to sleep, or I'd awake in the middle of the night with heartburn so awful it was difficult to even breathe. I gobbled TUMS by the bottle.

Help us to be the always hopeful
Gardeners of the spirit
Who know that without darkness
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
prophecyofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:21 AM   #21
thedoll

my mom loved mocha almond fudge ice cream with bananas in it, and lots of dinner rolls with butter.

to this day, mocha almond fudge is my favorite (or one of) ice creams!

I'd like to do more than survive, I'd like to rub it in your face. -The Dresden Dolls
thedoll is offline   Reply With Quote