Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-19-2007, 01:13 PM   #1
Anguelon

I don't know if I'm being hypersensitive

So, after long absenteeism, I've decided to whine about something today. I have a current job as a marketing coordinator. At the end of this month, I'll be holding that position for two months. My boss usually gives me tons of work whereas, I'm usually overloaded. The design and advertising part (not department) are two of his best friends who are married and my boss considers them gods in advertising. I am in the process of creating a corporate identity which , if you think of it needs alot of research and creativity. Moreover, my boss never encourages me , never says anything nice to me , coming to think of it he never says anything if it doesn't involve work. He's a francophonic poser with his shitty cigar all day in his mouth. I try to be polite as much as I can which probably may seem like submissive behavior to him which in no way whatsoever describes me.

Now here's the whining part, I know two months may seem a very short period and I'm very good with meeting deadlines. See, I'm still pursuing my studies at uni and he is well aware of that, i work part-time partially for I take alot of work home with me. I usually come to work in the mornings and go to uni in the afternoon and after uni, I pick up my husband from work. So, today I had a midterm and had my schedule alternated, meaning my midterm was in the morning and I came to work in the afternoon. I usually work 3 hours on Mondays. So when I worked from 1 to 4 today and I had to leave. He asked me why on earth was I leaving. I told him that I need to pick up my husband from work. He said: " Listen, are you like gonna go on like this next semester with college and all?" I told him: " Of course not, I will be studying by correspondance next semester." He said: " Yeah, I know but I mean picking up your husband and all." I told him that I pick up my husband every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from work.

I know this sounds silly but it was the tonality and then he went on how we're not doing any progress etc. I mean, I felt really hurt but what hurt me the most is that he was imposing himself by saying he prefers full timers and all that shit. It hurt that he had the nerve to even mention why I should have to pick up my husband from work( sorry I failed to mention that above). I was so devastated on my way home that I almost got into a car accident due to a car that skidded in front of me. Now, I'm just out of my mind. I really love my husband and I was just wondering when I was driving today that if I were pregnant how the hell would that self pompous bastard treat me if I needed to go to a doctor for a test per se. I don't know if I'm being hypersensitive but something doesn't feel right in my gut.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:30 PM   #2
GothicChristian

He seems like a prick.
GothicChristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:31 PM   #3
prophecyofdoom

I wouldn't want to work for that asshole. I can't imagine he's going to help you get ahead at all. *so sorry*

Help us to be the always hopeful
Gardeners of the spirit
Who know that without darkness
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
prophecyofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:08 AM   #4
Valerius

I'd quit if I were you. You know, find another job.

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:18 AM   #5
Sublime_Nightmare

I'm so sorry you work for this guy. I have a boss who is very similar and although he doesn't treat me badly (doesn't even know I exist except when he wants a cup of tea) he is very hurtful to a collegue/friend of mine. All I can suggest is that you grit your teeth and try to find somewhere else to work. Once you find that new start, tell this guy exactly why you're leaving and where he can stick his job!
Sublime_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:47 AM   #6
Anguelon

I gave him the cold shoulder today and asked me why was I in a bad mood. I told him that I wasn't in a bad mood and looked like that. He smiled. He was then very persistant to know what was wrong. I told him listen, I'm never in a good mood. That's how I always look, some people look good in pink, I look good pissed. He then said why...I said well, my husband finds my pissed off look to be sexy. Then he asked, when will u finish the CI, I told him in 3 hours...He was like...are you serious? I said: "As a heart attack". He didn't dare bother with me all day.