Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-23-2006, 02:02 PM   #1
Tryfan

Greetings folks

Hi there.

I'm tryfan, another newbie to this little corner of the web. I live in London England, which has to be one of the most gothy cities I can imagine. I live with my wife, another goth, three kids ( 1 goth, 1 gangsta wannabe, one not bothered) and a whole heap of animals, all reptiles.

I work like a maniac, but when not slaving at the local DIY Emporium I try and do a lot of reading, some RPG's, Xbox gaming, cookery ( i used to be a chef) and I play golf when I get the chance.

I am looking forward to chatting to you all , so here's hoping you all reply!
Tryfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:16 PM   #2
Corpsey

Welcome, do you think you could answer the questions that they ask you to answer please? It just gives us more information on you.

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=1644
That's where the questions are.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:27 PM   #3
LadySpiderdust

This is my other half...Tryfan. I am sure he will egt round to answering the questions for himself. Neither of us knew they were there to start with.
LadySpiderdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:35 PM   #4
Tryfan

Sorry Its taken me so long to actually answering this little lot. I will try to do so without my normal sarcasm.

1. What do you do? I work in a DIY store, trying desperatly to maintain my sanity when confronted with questions such as " which way up do I lay some self adhesive floor tiles?" and " I bought this electric drill, what do I do with it?" When I am not trying to prevent my brains turning to tapioca and running down my neck, I keep my beloved reptiles ( 1 iguana, 1 bearded dragon, 1 frilled lizard, 1 tortoise and 7 various snakes) I am very keen on Manga and anime, Sci Fi, and playing golf.

2. Where are you from? I came from North Suffolk, from the same village as Justin Hawkins from The Darkness ( boo hiss, spit). I now live in London.

3. Who is your favorite author? Tough one this. I like Brian Lumley, Freda Warrington, Tolkien and Hideyuki Kikuchi ( the author of Vampire Hunter D)

4. What are your favorite films? Star Wars, hands down, no discussion. I also love Akira, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and Vampire hunter D

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? Already married, so this is a bit of a moot question. I will admit I cant remember what was played, I think it was some "guitar moods" thingy. I was too worried about fluffing my lines in the ceremony to bother about music.

6. At your funeral? This one is going in my will. As my coffin is lowered into the ground, I want the Imperial March from Star Wars played.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? Not really thought of this one, but at least I want it to be memorable. If your going to go out, at least make a damn good display of it.

8. What kind of casket would you want? Cardboard will do for me. I want my surviving relatives and friends to have a good party to celebrate my life, and an expensive casket will mean less beer money. Besides, I am not going to be in a position to complain am I?

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? Long black coat, white frilled shirt and black waistcoat, the vampire look. Trouble is I have put on a bit of weight in the last few years, so I dont fit into my leather jeans anymore, and the frills look a bit silly now. I will see if I can find a picture of my normal garb to display.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? The ability to sit outside playing with Transformers and Star Wars figures, and not feel quite so embarassed about it.

11. What's your favorite band? Cradle of Filth, Rossetta Stone, London after Midnight, Lacuna Coil The Marrionettes, Pink Floyd and loads more.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? I went to Bournemouth University, and got an HND in Hotel Catering and Institutional management, and from there trained to be a chef.

13. Why did you join? I like to chat to people opf a like mind, and to meet new folks.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? Male.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:43 PM   #5
Tryfan

My good self, taken on the same evening as the picture of Ladyspiderdust, my wif. We were off to see Cradle of Filth that night.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:54 PM   #6
Godslayer Jillian

I got the perfect image of your coffing being laid down while playing the Empire song. It's awesome!

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:10 PM   #7
Falken

Welcome to the boards... it's always good for me to see a couple that are into the same stuff... (I'm a hopeless romantic and am encouraged when I see two people who "mesh" well).

Anywho, welcome Tryfan and Lady Spiderdust. I won't bother posting a welcome to LS in her thread as it will make it sound like I'm trying to start a church of worship for you two (only thing I worship at the moment is the Judaeo/Christian/Muslim God as a god of nature and Dana Delany )
Falken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:08 AM   #8
LadySpiderdust

::waves::
Thanks for the welcome
LadySpiderdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:18 AM   #9
Immortal_Death

Hello! Nice to meet you! Cool outfit..
Old 06-27-2006, 05:28 AM   #10
angel011

Ooh, goody, another cool one has joined! Welcome!
Old 06-27-2006, 08:16 PM   #11
Corpsey

*just realised that lady spiderdust & Tryfan are a couple*
Welcome indeed, and i think you look excellent. Heh, i'd turn up at the funeral just to see the looks on people's faces when the music starts up. Please stay and post as often as you like! We need more new and interesting people here!

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:37 PM   #12
happy_dude

Location: I'm underneath the sink, now what do you think, living under my sink?
I thought there was something odd when a second new member said they had three kids, like Corpsey I would go to your funeral just to see people faces as you are lowered into the ground with the Imperial March playing.
Welcome and enjoy your stay here!

PS. Purple lipstick with that beard does not work.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:39 PM   #13
Demonista_Ravenesque

Errr.

Welcome I guess...? Yes, Welcome to Gothic.net!

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote