Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 01-29-2023, 05:22 PM   #1
THEUNQUIETGRAVE

Any Fans here of "All About Eve"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvJm_Yahfss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU_RzTz_OjE

I never seem to find too many people who know of this band, but they are one which always makes me feel Nostalgic about the "good days" of Music, and with the lead singer Julieanne Regan who has such a hauntingly beautiful voice.

Julieanne is an incredibly sensual and beautiful person, a beautiful singer and has a beautiful personality on top of it all, which is completely rare to find these days, but she is one of the highest respected and underrated singers in my own my world.

When I first began listening to All About Eve, I fell in love with them and became instantly addicted to them, especially her voice and romantic character.

The band has somewhat of an interesting history too, was very big in the UK back in the 80's and they exhibit a very strong typical 80's sound. I really miss that era when things were so much better, including Music, people and everything.

Julianne Regan also later joined Gene Loves Jezebel.

One of the other band members, "Tim" for a short time also joined the Sisters of Mercy
THEUNQUIETGRAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 08:57 PM   #2
MoonChild7

In my top 10 still to this day

I absolutely love All About Eve, one of my favs. I really miss them as a band.
Scarlet & Other Stories lives in my Spotify and has a permanent space there.
The first track (Road To Your Soul) grabs my attention with Her hauntingly beautiful voice.
Nice to see someone else that remembers All About Eve!
MoonChild7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 01:20 PM   #3
THEUNQUIETGRAVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonChild7 View Post
I absolutely love All About Eve, one of my favs. I really miss them as a band.
Scarlet & Other Stories lives in my Spotify and has a permanent space there.
The first track (Road To Your Soul) grabs my attention with Her hauntingly beautiful voice.
Nice to see someone else that remembers All About Eve!
Awesome, so glad you to see someone who enjoys them! I feel pretty alone with it, not many people remember or know about them, at least in the US. I have been addicted to them for so many years. Every time I listen, it just transports me back into the 80's where I wish I could live forever!
THEUNQUIETGRAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 08:05 AM   #4
Piewife

Soft spot for them, saw them a few times when a student in Notts in the Mid 80's.
For JR afficionados she made a couple of really good contibutions to the 'Eden House' Project
Piewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 02:03 AM   #5
Molster

Ong, they were awesome, often listen to them... Great band!
Molster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 08:11 PM   #6
janessteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEUNQUIETGRAVE View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvJm_Yahfss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU_RzTz_OjE

I never seem to find too many people who know of this band, but they are one which always makes me feel Nostalgic about the "good days" of Music, and with the lead singer Julieanne Regan who has such a hauntingly beautiful voice.

Julieanne is an incredibly sensual and beautiful person, a beautiful singer and has a beautiful personality on top of it all, which is completely rare to find these days, but she is one of the highest respected and underrated singers in my own my world.

When I first began listening to All About Eve, I fell in love with them and became instantly addicted to them, especially her voice and romantic character.

The band has somewhat of an interesting history too, was very big in the UK back in the 80's and they exhibit a very strong typical 80's sound. I really miss that era when things were so much better, including Music, people and everything.

Julianne Regan also later joined Gene Loves Jezebel.

One of the other band members, "Tim" for a short time also joined the Sisters of Mercy
I still remember I fell in love with this band after listening to their song Flowers in Our Hair
janessteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 07:38 AM   #7
edwardterr

In addition to being a stunning singer and wonderfully sensual person, Julieanne also has a stunning personality. concrete driveway brisbane
edwardterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 10:57 PM   #8
blareblare2000

Her eerie, gorgeous voice draws my attention in the opening tune, "Road To Your Soul."
Nice to find another person who can recall All About Eve! www.pittsburgh360photobooth.com
blareblare2000 is offline   Reply With Quote