Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-09-2007, 04:12 AM   #1
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
The New Face of Failure

Hello, meet the new face of failure.
The last week sucked so much I am having trouble believeing that it was all real.

Please let me whine a little bit.....

So, i got a job at a fancy-prancy restaurant that belongs to the father of a friend. First of all I had to wear a white blouse, which made me completely insecure. it took me a half an hour to find someone to explain to me what I was to do. The rest of the time i spent either standing around and doing nothing since I had no clue about how everything functioned there, or else doing something that was completely new to me and that everyone expected me to understand. Have you ever seen a soup that has the actual soup part and the stuff that floats around in it served seperately?

Anyways, i screwed up regularly. had people yell at me and constantly being surprised about how little i knew. I have never been so incompetant in my life. That's what happens when you come form a poor family.

Anyways, guess what, I broke down like a sissy and started crying. i havn't cried for over 3 years and during this week that seems to be my new passtime.

Anyways, they politely told me not to come again.

I came home and had a lecture from my nice loving and carring and supportive mother about how I am good for nothing and how I should finally move out and stop being an egoistic parasite.
i would love to move out if I could just finally find a job in this country, which is a pain in the ass being a foreigner and not 18 yet.

The next evening I went out with a friend. We went from on club to another and it was boring everywhere. Then I dragged her into one of those filthy proletarian-ish metal clubs because there was nothing else. She then just left me there and later accused me of being a complete asshole on the phone.
The next day i broke with another 4 friends over the phone...all in one day. That's almost a record for me.

Now I am just sitting around and doing nothing and worrying about how I should be doing something. All ive managed in the meantime was to make mysekf a skirt (which is gorgeous by the way )

Anyways, if you read so far thank you, I know the above makes little sense, but i really don't know how to explain it. I broke with my boyfried and his friends which were the only people I actually liked and now all of this....
It just sucks so much.
I need to get a life........help???
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:24 AM   #2
Minyaliel

Aww, poor you... *huggles* That's really what you'd call a bad day. I can't believe your mother said something like that to you after you came home after such a bad day - she should've supported you. Well, you know, I had a hard time finding a job too, and what I figured out was that you mustn't be picky. As long as there's some money in it, do whatever you get, even if it's something like cleaning public toilets. In the end, it'll be worth it.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:12 AM   #3
prophecyofdoom

I'm so sorry.....Please don't beat yourself up over that stupid job!
I can't believe that restaurant blamed you for not knowing what to do when they never trained you properly for the job.....They're supposed to show you what to do! I worked in food service for years and had to train people who spoke little to no English all the time.....It wasn't all that fucking hard, I just had them watch me perform the tasks, and then I watched them to make sure they got it. It dosen't matter if your poor, or if English is a second language. An employer should treat you with respect.

Don't worry, you'll find something else... Just keep going to places and filling out applications. Someone will hire you eventually.

Help us to be the always hopeful
Gardeners of the spirit
Who know that without darkness
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
prophecyofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:13 AM   #4
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
So sorry to hear it DLBY. :: hugs ::
Your family should have encouraged you, not belittled you.
Keep trying, look for another job, and remember that when people are mean to you, you have friends here at Gnet, and then hold your head up high and keep trying!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:43 AM   #5
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I am so sorry to hear about your awful week. But please don't fret. You'll find a job and things will straighten themselves out.

Here's a hug. *Hugs*

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:11 AM   #6
Romantic Raven

I'm so sorry. I feel for you, I really do. It must be hard to go through all this in such a short time. Just don't let anyone hold you down, and remember you have friends here, on G.Net!

On another note, congratulations for making the wonderful skirt! I wish I had the skill to do that.
"I have cultivated my hysteria with delight and terror. Now I suffer continually from vertigo, and today, 23rd of January, 1862, I have received a singular warning, I have felt the wind of the wing of madness pass over me." - Charles Baudelaire
Romantic Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:28 PM   #7
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae

Hey, the fact that you didn't know what to do at the restaurant wasn't because you come from a poor family. Nobody should be expected to know that if they're new! They're assholes! >_<

And I'm truly sorry about your family stuff and your friends... well, everybody has bad days (and sometimes somedy gets those days very close in time from one another).
Anyway, I support you. Cheer up! And big E-hugs!!
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:10 PM   #8
Tha Duckman

I'm sorry, but I won't let you take away my "Failure" badge. I worked hard for that.
Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:14 PM   #9
Don't Look Behind You

MY failure badge! MINES! Produced in my own little sick head.
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:18 PM   #10
Don't Look Behind You

Oh, and thank you all for the kind words. I know that shit happens. It just comes to a climax sometimes where you start wondering whether the is ANYTHING you are capable of.

Anyways, I am feeling much better.
It is also a good thing to know that there are just places you should stay aways from.
I actually filled out two applications today for book stores....I think I'll take a break from food .

As to my wonderful and caring mother....its typical her. She was always a strong personality that had managed to become a sociologist and to come to Vienna. She expects me to be the same....

Anways, thank all so much.

Old 07-09-2007, 03:33 PM   #11
Aaroneet

You have to be yourself. You're not your parents, and you have to find something you like to do. And as for the restaurant incident, as the others said, don't sweat. Hopefully, your next job will be better .
Old 07-09-2007, 05:16 PM   #12
demonfairy

Good luck with the book stores,I hope you find a job you really enjoy.Also congratulations on being able to sew,it's a skill I never managed.My mother could sew beautiful clothes but would never let anyone,especially me of the clumsy hands,touch her sewing machine.
P.S sometimes parents(I'm one) say things they don't really mean in the heat of the moment, but then can't take back.
demonfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:41 PM   #13
Tha Duckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Look Behind You
MY failure badge! MINES! Produced in my own little sick head.
[Punches in face].

You're about a thousand tabs of acid and two tons of speed away from being the biggest failure.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:54 PM   #14
Crying_Crimson_Tears

He's right, Duckman is the real failure here. Not you sweetie.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 07-09-2007, 07:08 PM   #15
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears
He's right, Duckman is the real failure here. Not you sweetie.
:: Haha! Giggles! ::

Oh me oh my! :: wipes tear ::

Thanks for the first good laugh I have had all day Crimson!
Goodness I needed that!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:17 AM   #16
Don't Look Behind You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Duckman
[Punches in face].

You're about a thousand tabs of acid and two tons of speed away from being the biggest failure.
*Punches back*

Let a person have her illusions, damn it!

.........I'll let you be the BIGGEST failure, though, just becuase I'm nice.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:05 AM   #17
Crying_Crimson_Tears

You're welcome Humane.

And yes I say we go on a punching Duckman spree.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 07-10-2007, 12:49 PM   #18
Tha Duckman

And I say I do you up the ass. WHO'S WITH ME!?!?!?
Old 07-10-2007, 01:52 PM   #19
Don't Look Behind You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Duckman
And I say I do you up the ass.
Might be difficult over the internet

Old 07-10-2007, 01:56 PM   #20
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Maybe difficult with my boyfriend constantly up there.

And I still say we go on a punching Duckman spree.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 07-10-2007, 02:01 PM   #21
Lapin

Crying, Duckie, do I need to send you two to seperate corners?

And Humane, shame on you! You're supposed to be older and more mature! Don't encourage these two!
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:03 PM   #22
Tha Duckman

He is the fire starter, the twisted fire starter! [WAHWAHWAHWAHWAHWAH]!! HEY HEY HEY!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 02:04 PM   #23
Crying_Crimson_Tears

No!!! I need to get in a boxing ring with that piece of **** and kick his perverted, disgusting ass!!!

I am not childish. *Looks up with innocent eyes*

AND I'M A SHE YOU MORON!!!!

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 07-10-2007, 02:19 PM   #24
Lapin

I take care of kids all the time Crying. Not buying it.

Both of you, go to your rooms!
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:21 PM   #25
Crying_Crimson_Tears

NO!!!!!

I am the innocent one here. He agitated me first.

SEDATE HIM!!!!

-Zach Galifianakis